Don't be fooled, the human spirit of the heart- the ultimate focus of judgment - not its outpouring of its predictable works!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be fooled, the condition of the human spirit, its heart, is the ultimate focus of judgment - not its outpouring of predictable works!

Works without faith is dead. And the source of our faith stems from our heart that has a focus, a will, of a core faith and a set of beliefs, to work good or evil deeds.

(Jas 2:15) If a brother or sister is naked and in lack of daily food,
(Jas 2:16) and one of you says to them: Go in peace, be warmed and filled! And yet you do not give them the things needful to the body- what does it profit?
(Jas 2:17) Even so, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.
(Jas 2:18) Yes, a man will say, you have faith and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works and I, by my works, will show you my faith.
(Jas 2:19) You believe that God is one! You do well. The demons also believe and shudder.
(Jas 2:20) But, O vain man, do you need evidence that faith without works is useless?
(Jas 2:21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar?
(Jas 2:22) You saw that faith worked together with his works, and so by works was faith perfected.
(Jas 2:23) And the scripture was fulfilled which said: And Abraham believed God and it was accredited to him as righteousness; and he was called the friend of God.
(Jas 2:24) You see that by works a man is justified and not only by faith.
(Jas 2:25) And in like manner was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works, in that she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
(Jas 2:26) For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.

There are essentially two places we place our faith in: either in our Creator or in ourselves and in the spirit(s) of this world. Once firmly established from our youth this faith with its flowing beliefs, reflect our walk, our commitment of our will in heart, and defines our character of purpose to do certain and predictable types works in life.

And if not having faith in our Creator, as our only source of salvation, only a miracle of conversion and God's will and his intervention, sparks spiritual change within us to change our course of action, our works or deeds. Only by the intervention of God can we be restored in faith to him, to do good works and not evil deeds.

These human works according to scripture are either considered good or evil. And they will all be judged by God. Our spirit/soul shall thus be be judged based on our works, reflective of where our faith lays, along with its associated beliefs.

As James said in James 2:18, 24 and 26.

(Jas 2:18) Yes, a man will say, you have faith and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works and I, by my works, will show you my faith.
(Jas 2:24) You see that by works a man is justified and not only by faith.
(Jas 2:26) For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.

Works always reflects our placement of faith, and of like beliefs. By your works you expose your heart/spirit and type of faith and beliefs.
verse 18 '....and I, by my works, will show you my faith.'

Faith (and beliefs) of the heart and its works cannot be separated.
verse 24 '..by works a man is justified and not only by faith'
verse 26 '..faith apart from works is dead.'

(Mat 16:26) For what shall a man be profited if he shall gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his life?
(Mat 16:27) For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then shall he repay every man according to his deeds.

(Rev 20:12) And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.
(Rev 20:13) And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and every man was judged according to their works.

(1Pe 1:17) And if you call on Him as Father, who without partiality judges according to each man's work, pass the time of your sojourning in fear.

(Eph 2:1) You once were dead in the trespasses and sins
(Eph 2:2) in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, according to the spirit that now works in the sons of disobedience.
(Eph 2:3) Among whom we also all once lived in the lust of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by our natural condition destined to be children of God’s wrath, even as the others.

(Joh 5:27) And He has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is a Son of Man.
(Joh 5:28) Marvel not at this! For the hour comes, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice,
(Joh 5:29) and shall come forth; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leon Morris explains (p. 116),(Leon Morris, The Epistle to the Romans [Eerdmans/Apollos]

"It is the invariable teaching of the Bible and not the peculiar viewpoint of any one writer or group of writers that judgment will be on the basis of works, though salvation is all of grace. Works are important. They are the outward expression of what the person is deep down. In the believer they are the expression of faith, in the unbeliever the expression of unbelief and that whether by way of legalism or antinomianism."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What comes from the heart and into the mind, in turn to the hands and the body, out of the mouth or via an instrument for writing and viewing, is who we are, and what and who we believe(in). It is our beliefs and thoughts in motion, exploding, derived from the core of our spirit, the heart, in action - revealing ourselves in fruits, our deeds!

Be wary of anyone who tells you that our future judgement is of works only WITHOUT QUALIFCATION. They deceive and are ignorant what they are saying. It is firstly of the heart and the faith and beliefs found inside it, that cause these works for judgment - in our favor or otherwise.

Those that buy into this lie that ONLY works shall be judged, WITHOUT understanding, or qualifying and explaining that it is really the heart's condition that will ultimately be judged might then attempt to use their own will and try to be a good person and do their own good works....and we all know what happen there. It does not go well...

(Jer 17:10) I, Yahweh, search the mind, I try the heart, even to give every man according to his works, according to the fruit of his doings.
(Jer 32:19) great in counsel, and mighty in working; whose eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men, to give each one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:
(Eze 33:20) Yet you say, The way of the Lord is not fair. House of Israel, I will judge every one of you after his ways.
2 Cor. 5:10, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”
Galatians 6:7-8, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.”

Genuine saving faith always results in a life - good deeds. Good deeds are not the basis of salvation, but rather the evidence of it.

(Eph. 2:8-10), “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”

(Tit 1:16) They profess that they know God, but by their works they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't fool yourself or think that God won't ultimately judge your hearts! It is the sole source of your works! You cannot escape from it....

---------------

Reactions: MatthewG