Battle For Your Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leave it alone....Dr. Smith, Professor Einstein, Congressman Inhoffe....
Captain America ....
Lol....you are nit picking...."quiet"thinker.:p
nit pickin' ?.....You mean Dr. Zachary Smith, the treacherous conniving Dr. Smith of the 'Lost in Space' series of the 1960s. Now that's a title that no one else can wear and he must always wear it. It is the most unique name in the galaxy....LOL:rolleyes:

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just call him Bob? No bells and whistles, no trumpets parading ahead, no pretentiousness..... and isn’t that what his mother called him!
We called our pastor "Mark", it was his name.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow,
Hospitality....
That's an interesting subject I been looking at lately.
Did you know God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because they lacked hospitality?
That's serious stuff.
It's right up there with the the men attacking the angels that came to see if the evil in the city was as bad as they cried about.
It was.
I personally don't know what angels look like, But i read somewhere where you could entertain them unawares...
just saying..

Hello Pastor Steven,
Nice to meet you.
I'm just ziggy.. aka Lynda is my real name.
Some people called me Miss Lynda when I lived in Florida and that was kind of nice.
I haven't had a chance to watch the video's you posted, and I'm heading there now.
I just wanted to say Hello
and welcome to the family :)
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, in our natural condition, which is the condition known as sin, the heart of man isn’t even lined up with God’s heart. Instead, it’s evil, wicked, filled with deceit and treachery. So wicked and so treacherous is the human heart that we are easily deceived by it. But this isn’t the case with God. He knows what’s in our hearts. In fact, He’s the only one who knows our heart’s true condition. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart.” (Jeremiah 17:9-10a NKJV)

I find it interesting how I can be studying one thing yesterday, and something new comes the next day, and you can put them together and have a whole new understanding of something.
I am in the process of watching the first video. Thank You for sharing.
Yesterday I was ugg..
I was playing a game on the computer. I used to get addicted to games, I would play for hours and hours and days and weeks.. like Farmville.. I played that for over a year, every day for hours waiting for crops to grow or whatever, always upgrading.. hurry, next.. addicted.
Sometimes the world gets heavy and the Bible gets heavy, so I play a short game I can just shut it off and not worry about advancing to the next level.
Well this game is about Jonah and the whale.
It's a simple match 3 game. But it tells the story as you advance to the next level. Kind of like an intermission.

Now I'm watching this video, and for some reason, Ninevah represented this heart.
And Jonah couldn't understand why God wouldn't just punish Ninevah for their wickedness.
And yet Jonah had run from his mission to give them warning, and would be equally to blame for their destruction.
He could have saved them.. the watchman on the tower..

At the same time God knew Ninevah's heart. There was something in there worth saving. And God needed Jonah to go and bring them Hope.
They needed to have that "emotional prison" or hardened heart, broken into. The walls had to come down. They needed to repent.

Jonah was punished by getting swallowed by a whale. And God had Mercy on Jonah and saved him from the whale.
God was teaching Jonah Mercy. He just hadn't learned the lesson yet.
Do unto other's as you would have done to you.
Jonah needed to learn Mercy and Ninevah needed Hope.

wait...
Psa 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
Psa 85:11 Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
Psa 85:12 Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
Psa 85:13 Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.

And to think, I was going to go play a game..
This is way cooler :cool:

I'm gonna go watch the rest..
I already know how the story ends though..
:)
God Wins!
Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the kind welcome. The only reason pastors are given the "title" is to let others know they are there to humbily serve. Which is precisely why I joined this platform.

For sure Pastor Steven! Pastor's and leaders are held doubly accountable. I love children's missions, but pastor in my name would not be something I would want.

Anyhow, there are some gems here, and a great opportunity for a pastor to minister to open hearts... Praise is my favorite section here, so come share some scriptures and worship songs with us if you ever like too. I'm posting a Proverbs each day in Bible study and there are some gems there too. But I'm more an encourager then a teacher (of adults anyway :D). I am a full time preschool assistant teacher with two kids and third shift hubby. So I can't be on as often anymore.

Now sorry about the thread getting off topic... I haven't been able to watch the video with work and Thursday night church. I plan too!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm posting a Proverbs each day in Bible study and there are some gems there too.
I keep forgetting to visit..
:(
Maybe you would tag me now and then?
I'm all over the forum, I get caught up in one section..

I has this in my Signature on another forum lol.

I titled it: Me, navigating through the Forum
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a full time preschool assistant teacher with two kids and third shift hubby. So I can't be on as often anymore.
You could tell I wasn't listening.. huh?
I'll remember...
You got enough to remember..lol
The excitement in my life has gotten down to going to my dad's once a week to give him a shave.
I forget how busy other people's lives are.
preschool... I haven't been around a small child for years.
I seen a little girl eating an ice cream cone outside a store a couple weeks ago.
She looked right at me and asked if I was getting an ice cream.
I said I hadn't thought about it. What's your favorite flavor?
"Cotton Candy" !
I said, I like maple walnut. I'll think about it.
And I smiled and went on my way.

I can't imagine a classroom..
The only "child" in my family is my 19 year old grandson who is autistic. And I've seen him once back in May, over the last 4-5 years.
And third shift... been there, done that..
Takes some getting used to.
I was trucking, and my ex liked to drive at night. And I couldn't sleep while the truck was rolling.
Now I sleep better in the day than I do at night.
Takes longer to get unused to it than it does used to it.

AND A MOM!!
I need a nap just keeping up with your sentence :)

BIG HUGS SIS
I'll get there :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I 0p 9
Why not just call him Bob? No bells and whistles, no trumpets parading ahead, no pretentiousness..... and isn’t that what his mother called him!
You are showing signs of a very controlling mother in your life. Maybe I will PM you and give you the entire vision I had.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could tell I wasn't listening.. huh?
I'll remember...
You got enough to remember..lol
The excitement in my life has gotten down to going to my dad's once a week to give him a shave.
I forget how busy other people's lives are.
preschool... I haven't been around a small child for years.
I seen a little girl eating an ice cream cone outside a store a couple weeks ago.
She looked right at me and asked if I was getting an ice cream.
I said I hadn't thought about it. What's your favorite flavor?
"Cotton Candy" !
I said, I like maple walnut. I'll think about it.
And I smiled and went on my way.

I can't imagine a classroom..
The only "child" in my family is my 19 year old grandson who is autistic. And I've seen him once back in May, over the last 4-5 years.
And third shift... been there, done that..
Takes some getting used to.
I was trucking, and my ex liked to drive at night. And I couldn't sleep while the truck was rolling.
Now I sleep better in the day than I do at night.
Takes longer to get unused to it than it does used to it.

AND A MOM!!
I need a nap just keeping up with your sentence :)

BIG HUGS SIS
I'll get there :)

It is my second week full time. I was 12 to 20 hours before... It is a Christian center and huge blessing to pray over and teach these one to five year olds, including my own kids. And full time children's missions is my calling. It is awesome. Just hadn't worked full time in years. I'm tiiiired. I can go on, but this poor man has been interrogated and thread hijacked. I'm so tired and yet haven't had enough alone mom time to sleep yet, so I am bowing out to late night thread or some encouraging scriptures for a bit longer. :D Y'all have a blessed night!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the kind welcome. The only reason pastors are given the "title" is to let others know they are there to humbily serve. Which is precisely why I joined this platform.
Welcome to the Family :D

This reminds me of that song.. who are the people in your neighborhood..
And I guess the best way to meet them is to walk among them and get to know them.
Not too many shy folk here. We tend to speak our minds a lot.
The Spirit is on Fire here though, even though you see a lot of swords flashing,
they're just practicing.
If we can't practice with each other on the same team, we won't be ready for the real battle.
melee keeps coming to mind.. what is that?
oh..

Melee
A melee or pell-mell is disorganized hand-to-hand combat in battles fought at abnormally close range with little central control once it starts. In military aviation, a melee has been defined as "[a]n air battle in which several aircraft, both friend and foe, are confusingly intermingled".

That sounds about right..LOL :D:cool::D

So the best thing to do is to always be wearing your armour. In season and out of season, because you never know when a pesky snake may come and bite you.
And most times it's not lethal. I see it as a way to get stronger, learn defense.
You can't learn to fight against a brick wall. You need sword to sharpen sword.
Preferbly with those your training with.
And each side understands it's training. and not personal.
I never was much for sports, but I know they have training season before the games begin.
And what I see is a team, but sometimes we might forget we're on the same side.

So, yeah.. I guess the best way to find out about the team is to get your gear on and come and get dirty.
It all washes off in the end.
And you get to meet a lot of really cool people :)

who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood oh,
who are the people in your neighborhood?
Their the people that you meet when your walking down the street
their the people that you meet each day.. lalalalalaaa

A Lifeguard and a Carpenter.. LOL.. you can't make this up..hahaha
HUGS

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what Mary was told to call her son?
You sir will simply not let this go. I appreciate your tenacity, but I must remind you. I have not insisted on anyone calling me pastor as my name. My name is Steven, I am however a pastor. To the lost and broken who do not know the TRUTH. I will continue to proclaim in my so called "Title"... I use to think this was only a screen name, you know something that tells what you are about... Back on point. I will continue to proclaim connected to my name that I am a teacher of the Gospel. Not for you or the many saved members of this forum, but for those that need a humble servant of the Lord to show them the way. With that, I need to break free from this discourse and press on with next weeks sermon.

God bless you and your family,
:) your humble servant, pastor Steven.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You sir will simply not let this go. I appreciate your tenacity, but I must remind you. I have not insisted on anyone calling me pastor as my name. My name is Steven, I am however a pastor. To the lost and broken who do not know the TRUTH. I will continue to proclaim in my so called "Title"... I use to think this was only a screen name, you know something that tells what you are about... Back on point. I will continue to proclaim connected to my name that I am a teacher of the Gospel. Not for you or the many saved members of this forum, but for those that need a humble servant of the Lord to show them the way. With that, I need to break free from this discourse and press on with next weeks sermon.

God bless you and your family,
:) your humble servant, pastor Steven.
You have insisted on prefixing your name with a title....and your efforts here are defending and retaining it. Is this not the truth?

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You threw threw gas and then struck the match. I wonder, do you spend your days outside churches demanding pastor needs to be removed from all programs? It honestly disheartens me to think a believer in Christ, in our day, with so many needing to be saved puts so much time into stripping the word pastor from a username rather than sharing the Word.
Be the warrior God intended you to be.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...you mean she disobeyed Gabriel ?
You mean she couldn't call her own child she gave birth to her son?
Even the priests and the townspeople said is this not that carpenter's son?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...you mean she disobeyed Gabriel ?
I think you are trying too hard to build a case in your defense....here is what Gabriel said in Luke
Luke 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁰ And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
³¹ And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
³² He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: