Be born again to be whose child?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your good will.
I guess you do not understand what this means:

1 Pet. 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you, 5 who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time.

... and I have an idea about why you do not get it. I have a good will to you too.
98% of the Christian Body of 2.7 billion get it. Non-Trinitarians still struggle with this concept. It's okay, Jesus will straighten you out later.

Reactions: marks

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
98% of the Christian Body of 2.7 billion get it. Non-Trinitarians still struggle with this concept. It's okay, Jesus will straighten you out later.
Thanks for the info. I'll aport another data to you:

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

He was talking about this fact:

Matt. 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I think the argumentum ad populum you are appealing to, shouldn't affect honest Christians, don't you think?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 26901
Thanks for the info. I'll aport another data to you:

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

He was talking about this fact:

Matt. 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I think the argumentum ad populum you are appealing to, shouldn't affect honest Christians, don't you think?
Narrow is the gate ... Jesus is the way, truth and life, the doorway if you will and a remnant is to be saved. The Church consists of right around 1/3 of the population of the planet and that is what God intended. 1/3 is narrow. JW's would believe that 1/900th is about the narrowness of the door according to their weak numbers. If only 1 in 900 got saved, I would question the power of God - seriously.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your "explanation" :)

Jesus is the Son of God, didn't you know that?

When a Christian is born again, he becomes a child of God. What relationship have a child of God with the Son of God?

Don't waste time trying to mystify the issue; it is very simple to understand to any simple person (Luke 10:21).

But if you still have doubts, listen to Jesus himself:

John 20:17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

It is so simple to understand! Why do people like to complicate things so much? A child of God becomes a brother of Jesus.
Believe in Jesus; do not negate him.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christendom (at least the one that we see online) ... people give birth to themselves. :Laughingoutloud:

Where do people get the idea that being "born again" is something a person decides to do of their own free will? Can someone give birth to himself, and then decide who was the father who begat him? Sometimes not even the mother knows...:IDK:.

Do you know who the Father of the "born again" is? Who is the eldest of the brothers? hmmx1:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 26901

Narrow is the gate ... Jesus is the way, truth and life, the doorway if you will and a remnant is to be saved. The Church consists of right around 1/3 of the population of the planet and that is what God intended. 1/3 is narrow. JW's would believe that 1/900th is about the narrowness of the door according to their weak numbers. If only 1 in 900 got saved, I would question the power of God - seriously.
If I were in your place I would worry about how to reason better.

Do the math in the Flood event and see for yourself.

1 Pet. 3:20 (...) God was patiently waiting in Noah’s day, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the math in the Flood event and see for yourself.
The statement applies to post flood obviously but more accurately from Christ forward.
The concept of 1/3 being saved comes from the following passage, which refers specifically to Israel during the Great Tribulation.
And it will come about in all the land,”
Declares the Lord,
“That two parts in it will be cut off and perish;
But the third will be left in it.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire,
Refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are My people,’
And they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

Zechariah 13:8-9

Currently there are close to 1/3 Christians, 2.65 billion. What a coincidence aye!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statement applies to post flood obviously but more accurately from Christ forward.
The concept of 1/3 being saved comes from the following passage, which refers specifically to Israel during the Great Tribulation.
And it will come about in all the land,”
Declares the Lord,
“That two parts in it will be cut off and perish;
But the third will be left in it.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire,
Refine them as silver is refined,
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are My people,’
And they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

Zechariah 13:8-9

Currently there are close to 1/3 Christians, 2.65 billion. What a coincidence aye!
Yes, it is an interesting coincidence ... maybe.
Did you really understand the passage?

Zech. 3:8 “And in all the land,” declares Jehovah,
“Two parts in it will be cut off and perish;
And the third part will be left remaining in it.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire;
And I will refine them as silver is refined,
They will call on my name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘They are my people,’

And they will say, ‘Jehovah is our God.’

There is a clue there about how this "third" can be recognized. Did you realize what that key is?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is an interesting coincidence ... maybe.
Did you really understand the passage?

And I will answer them.

There is a clue there about how this "third" can be recognized. Did you realize what that key is?
  • Read Romans 11. Paul clearly explains the distinction between Israel and tue Gentiles. Branches were broken off, so that we could be grafted in. God is not done with the Jews. He will remove their veil and they will finally see their Messiah, Jesus. He will rule_ in Jerusalem_ during the Millennial Kingdom!
Jesus
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

For it is written: “ As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”
Romans 14:11

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're confusing Zac. 3:8,9 with your beliefs.

Don't you know how to distinguish between Jehovah and Jesus?

And I will answer them.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) Jesus was anointed by Jehovah (Is. 61:1,2; Hb. 4:27)
2) Jesus was the prophet "Moses-like" that Jehovah had promised (Dt. 18:15-18; Acts 3:22-26)
3) Jehovah sat Jesus Christ at His right hand when He raised him (Psal. 110:1,2; Eph. 1:17-23)
4) Jehovah chose Jesus as High Priest in the manner of Melchizedek (Psal. 110:4; Hb. 5:6,10)
5) Jesus is Jehovah's heir (Psal. 2:8; Hb. 1:2)
6) Jehovah stated Jesus Christ is His Son (Psal. 2:7; Hb. 5:5)

Don't get biased when you read the Bible because of your preconceived ideas.
Be real: learn to distinguish between Jehovah and Jesus.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If any of you can't distinguish between Jehovah and Jesus, you don't have the slightest idea about anything related to being born again. Jehovah is God and Father of those born-again, and Jesus is brother to and joint-heir with God's anointed ones.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Rom. 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs—heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ—provided we suffer together so that we may also be glorified together.

Those who do not respect Jehovah God have never been his children or born of anything ... if any born again, it may be of another father and with other brothers.