Be born again to be whose child?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is born when he wants to. Nobody adopts his father, but some persons go to look for the child to adopt.

This "born again" thing became a joke for most Christians out there.

Let's talk about being born again from the biblical point of view. First thing first: being born to be whose child?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's talk about being born again from the biblical point of view. First thing first: being born to be whose child?

John 1:12-13 KJV
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 8:16 KJV
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I guess you do think you are born again. And: whose child did you become? Jehovah's? The trinity's? Jesus'?

1 Pet. 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you, 5 who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born-again Christians are sometimes thought of as God's progeny. But the
reality is: they are God's handiwork rather than His offspring.

2Cor 5:17 . . If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation

Eph 2:10 . .We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus

Eph 4:24 . . Put on the new self, created to be like God

Col 3:9-10 . . You have put on the new self, which is being renewed in
knowledge in the image of its creator.

After undergoing regeneration per John 3:3-8, the newbies are then inducted
into God's home by the process of adoption.

Gal 4:4-5 . . God sent forth His son, born of a woman, born under the Law,
in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we
might receive the adoption as sons.

Gal 4:6-7 . . And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His
son into your hearts, crying: Abba! Father! Wherefore you are no more a
servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Adoption gives children the right to identify themselves by their dad's name,
plus a spot in his family tree, and a right to inherit just the same as children born
in the home. Think about that for a second: can you just imagine the unbelievable
good fortune of given a place in God's genealogy, and accounted among His heirs?

I started off as a Catholic; influenced to be afraid of God and dread going to
Hell. Now look where I am.
_

Reactions: ScottA

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, whose children become the born again Christians?

Jehovah's children?
The trinity's children?
Jesus' children?

What kind of relationship have those born again Christians? How do they consider Jesus? Their Father?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am born again into God's family. I am now an heir with Christ; not through anything I've done but through the work of the Holy Spirit dwelling within me. That is what denotes a true Christian.

He adopted me in his good pleasure at the time appointed for me.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is interesting that you say "when."

It could even be said that the day and the hour we are born "no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."
Do you think is a wrong way to say it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I guess you do think you are born again. And: whose child did you become? Jehovah's? The trinity's? Jesus'?
Is your OP nothing more than a "gotcha" question as another anti-Trinity thread?

Romans 8:16 KJV
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Do you have the testimony of the Holy Spirit?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This "born again" thing became a joke for most Christians out there.
It's sounding like it's a joke to you. I don't know about "most Christians", and I doubt you do either. it sounds like you want to overgeneralize in support of your assertion.

The ones I know, no, it's not a joke. What about you?

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am born again into God's family. I am now an heir with Christ; not through anything I've done but through the work of the Holy Spirit dwelling within me. That is what denotes a true Christian.

He adopted me in his good pleasure at the time appointed for me.
Interesting, a family, Father, children/sons, brothers/sisters.

Compare what Jesus said after his resurrection:

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Did you notice it? Father, brothers ... So Jesus is the brother of born again Christians, and all of them have only One God and Father.
Then: can trinitarians be born again this way?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, a family, Father, children/sons, brothers/sisters.

Compare what Jesus said after his resurrection:

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Did you notice it? Father, brothers ... So Jesus is the brother of born again Christians, and all of them have only One God and Father.
Then: can trinitarians be born again this way?
It isn't something to be worked out logically but to be accepted through faith. From your reply I take it that you are not born again in the same way I am.

Galatians 4:7
So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, whose children become the born again Christians?
Sounds like another JW has come out of the woodwork. So how about "children of GOD"?

Now tell us honestly, truthfully and frankly "Is Jesus God or is He not?" Because if you reject Him as God, you reject Him as Savior, and you forfeit eternal life.

Reactions: ScottA

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet Another Anti-Trinity thread!

Gee. I wonder where these are all coming from?

o_O

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't something to be worked out logically but to be accepted through faith. From your reply I take it that you are not born again in the same way I am.
I agree. On my view point faith must be constructed on true information; otherwise is just credulity.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree. On my view point faith must be constructed on true information; otherwise is just credulity.
What sort of religious background do you have?

My faith is built on what the bible tells me.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually very apropos...even if it was unintentional.

It denotes the context quite correctly, which is that it speaks of the time of salvation--the time of His coming.
I agree. Bible says that the children of God will be known in a future revelation (Rom. 8:19). Now everybody is claiming a filial relationship ... :)