Be Warned: Revelation 20 Is Not... A Current Reality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I well understand the difference between preaching as a "hireling" (John 10), treating it like a business, compared to those who refuse to be tethered down by men's doctrines, like the leaven which Jesus warned His disciples that the Pharisees were doing.

I don't care if the preacher looks like an ogre at the pulpit with worn out clothes, if that person is staying in The Word of God, then that is a true disciple of Jesus Christ, and will have rewards coming in the world to come. So it ain't about looks, or money, nor Ph.D,.s, etc., which are things of this world.
Look at you, completely ignoring everything I said, refusing to own what you did, and trying to sound pious at the same time. I have just lost all respect for you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at you, completely ignoring everything I said, refusing to own what you did, and trying to sound pious at the same time. I have just lost all respect for you.
All you are trying to do is IGNORE my previous posts.

So as a reminder, I said...

"You asked me if I thought Preterists were lying, and I said YES. I didn't say anything about you personally, because you didn't claim what you following in that post, so get off your high horse!"

You obviously need to learn the following lesson that Jesus taught His disciples, because of what you have been pushing that it's OK for the churches to push "leaven" doctrines like the Pharisees did...

Matt 16:5-12
5 And when His disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.

Then Jesus said unto them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."

7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because we have taken no bread."

Which when Jesus perceived, He said unto them, "O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?"

12 Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
KJV

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Rev 20 is a future reality that will probably become relevant within the next 20 or so years after the Heavenly host are judged and imprisoned in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years.
Revelation 20, beginning in verse 7, is a future reality (the "will be" is future tense and indicative of that). The passage from Revelation 20:7-10 is analogous and concurrent, time-wise, with Revelation 19:11-21. It is the final conflict in which Jesus defeats, once and for all, all His enemies.

Revelation 20:1-3a is a past reality ~ "seized," "bound," "threw," "shut," and "sealed" are all past tense and thus iindicative of that).

Job's story gives us some important insight into this massive reduction of Satan's power over the heathen nations. Job 1:6-12 portrays Satan as possessing the ability to come into God's immediate presence along with other angels, or "sons of God" (v.6). He used this place of power to cause great harm to Job. But according to what Christ says in the Gospels, Satan lost that privileged access to the heavenly courts as a result of the incarnation and work of Christ... he is bound from doing so. In Luke 10:18-19, the seventy disciples return with great joy from their successful mission in preaching the gospel, healing the sick, and casting out demons. Christ then explains how they were able to accomplish these wonders: "He said to them, 'I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven'" (v. 18). Jesus explains Satan's fall in terms of Christian ministry: "Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you" (v. 19). Also, it is significant that the first beings to recognize the incarnate Christ, according to the gospel of Mark, were demons. Mark 1:24 and Luke 4:34 are among the passages that show the demons crying out in terror that the Holy One of God has come to torment them. Jesus explained that when He cast out demons by the Spirit of God (Matthew 12:28-29), it meant that the kingdom of God had come. In His work, He was binding the strong man (that is, the devil), who formerly had been keeping people in the dark and painful prison of unbelief, sin, and certain judgment.​

Revelation 20:4-6 is a present reality ~ "They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years" and "The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended (vv. 4b and 5a together are indicative of that). People of every tongue, tribe, and people-group have been coming to Christ and ruling with Him for the last two thousand years ~ which is God's millennium, which is not yet complete, as not all the elect have been called; God's Israel is still under construction.

...if we believe satan is locked away, why the need to be sober and vigilant anymore, right?
Well, for several reasons I can think of but the two that immediately come to mind are as follows:
  • Satan's being unable to come into God's immediate presence (see above) does not hinder his ability to roam the earth, even as Peter testifies in 1 Peter 5:8. Although the evil one still has limited power in a fallen world, it is far less than what he had when he was able to bind and blind all nations outside Israel, and believers can still overcome even Satan's limited power; James 4:7 commands us, "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
  • as Paul says, we are to "stand against the schemes of the devil... for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil... and, of course, Jesus could return at any time..
Nicodemus was willing.
Sure, but his being born again of the Spirit was not the thing on which his being made a member of God's elect depended.

Grace and peace to you both.

Last edited:

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All you are trying to do is IGNORE my previous posts.

So as a reminder, I said...

"You asked me if I thought Preterists were lying, and I said YES. I didn't say anything about you personally, because you didn't claim what you following in that post, so get off your high horse!"

You obviously need to learn the following lesson that Jesus taught His disciples, because of what you have been pushing that it's OK for the churches to push "leaven" doctrines like the Pharisees did...

Matt 16:5-12
5 And when His disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.

Then Jesus said unto them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."

7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because we have taken no bread."

Which when Jesus perceived, He said unto them, "O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?"

12 Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
KJV
Step 1: Learn the difference between "wrong" and "lying".
Step 2: Apologize to me for calling me a liar.
Step 3: Then we can talk.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Step 1: Learn the difference between "wrong" and "lying".
Step 2: Apologize to me for calling me a liar.
Step 3: Then we can talk.
You are a deceiver, and I shall in no way ever bow down to you. May God rebuke you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ... don't be fooled by these 'holier than thou' types that come here trying to insinuate that a preacher at the pulpit has SUPREME AUTHORITY in what he preaches.

If a church is not staying in The Word of God as written, then that is NOT a real Christian Church
, but instead is what God called a 'beth-aven' in Old Testament times, which means a 'house (beth) of vanity (aven)'. And there's a lot of them out there that teach their 'own thing', and do not stay in God's Word. Lord Jesus even warned us about this regarding men's 'leaven' doctrines ADDED to The Word of God with the miracles of the fish and loaves (Matthew 16:6-12).

And especially... beware of some of the doctrines that come out of the seminaries. The reason why there are so many 'different types' of Christian seminary colleges today is because the same reason why there are so many different types of 'denominations' (i.e., divisions, because that's what the word denomination actually means). Common sense ought to reveal that if they all... were teaching the same things, then they would all be of just one denomination, and not many.

Some seminaries push the false Pre-tribulational Rapture theory which begin in 1830's Great Britain by John Nelson Darby. Then some seminaries don't, but instead push doctrines of Preterism which tries to treat most of The Bible as already having been fulfilled. Then others like 'Full Preterism', teaches that there is NO future physical coming of Jesus Christ, and that the 2nd coming already happened back in His Apostle's days. Then in these latter days especially, there are denominations that teach homosexuality is OK for the Church, and have Jezebel's serving in the pastor positions in those beth-avens. You can even find a seminary to attend that does not believe Jesus Christ is God having come in the flesh! that Jesus is God is Bible 101! (see Matthew 1:23).

So if God's Word is against it, then if you want to stay in Christ's Grace, you had better bow to His Authority per His written Word, and leave those beth-avens.