Be Warned: Revelation 20 Is Not... A Current Reality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I've said it before, but the King James, while not incorrect, can be misleading today just because of the antiquated language; in some places, it is just not readily accessible to our modern ears. and here is one of those places... I like the English Standard Version (ESV) or the New American Standard Bible (NASB):
Who did you post the above for? Those new babes in Christ here that are ignorant about the "synagogue of Satan" battle AGAINST THE KJV BIBLE?

The modern English Bible translations are based on Wescott and Hort's 'corrupt' NEW Greek New Testament of 1881! and also by NON-CHRISTIAN Bible scholars! Even Dr. James White says using NON-Christian Bible scholars to make Bible revisions is OK! What stupidity! God's Word was given via The Holy Spirit, so study of letters only is NOT enough!

So I recommend you put those modern Bible translations on a shelf, and only refer to them occasionally, and not trusting them over the KJV Bible and the 'many' Bible study tools available over decades based ON using a KJV in study.

Furthermore, FALSELY USING that idea that the KJV is still... in Old English is a PROPAGANDA stupidity also, since the KJV Bible is no longer in Old English characters, and only a few words, like thee and thou, etc., are still in it, which are not that difficult... to understand. When you refer to some parts of the KJV being difficult to understand, I guarantee you, it's mostly because The Holy Spirit has NOT shown you the proper interpretation of those parts, which is a sign you need more Bible study.

And another thing, IF... you dwell on men's leaven doctrines with attempt to understand God's Word, then don't expect our Heavenly Father to give you understanding in His Word; instead He will take away what you thought you understood. So I suggest you ask Him for understanding in your Bible study, and quit pushing modern Bible revisionist committee translations that keep throwing out 'new and improved'.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who did you post the above for? Those new babes in Christ here that are ignorant about the "synagogue of Satan" battle AGAINST THE KJV BIBLE?
<eye roll> the "synagogue of Satan battle AGAINST THE KJV BIBLE"... Good Lord. LOL!

The modern English Bible translations are based on Wescott and Hort's 'corrupt' NEW Greek New Testament of 1881!
Who tells you such things, Davy? I guess you had to hear or learn this... stuff... somewhere. So who? Where?

and also by NON-CHRISTIAN Bible scholars!
Hm, you might want to look into who the folks who actually worked on the ESV and NASB actually were...

Even Dr. James White says using NON-Christian Bible scholars to make Bible revisions is OK!
Well, if they do it correctly and accurately, then does it matter, Davy? I did say, Davy ~ and accurately ~ that there really is no difference in what the King James says in comparison to the ESV or NASB, it's just that the language used in the KJV can be easier to misunderstand because of the 500-year difference (give or take a few years) between them. The English language has ~ I realize this is a "bad word" in Christian circles, but I'll use it anyway ~ evolved a bit since then. Again... nothing has been "changed," but communication styles have changed quite a bit.

God's Word was given via The Holy Spirit...
Absolutely. And I would add that the integrity of God's Word has been maintained by the Holy Spirit ever since it was originally written. Now there are some inaccuracies in some translations for sure, but the preponderance of evidence through the centuries bears those out... but certainly that is something to be aware of and on the lookout for.

...so study of letters only is NOT enough!
Not talking about "letters"... I'm really not sure what you even mean by this, but I don't care, really.

So I recommend...
Not concerned with your recommendations, Davy. No disrespect intended.

Furthermore, FALSELY USING that idea that the KJV is still... in Old English is a PROPAGANDA stupidity also...
It is what it is, Davy. Again, it's not wrong, as I said. All I said is that we, five centuries removed from it, can misunderstand certain things in it because of the antiquated language/phrasing used. It's at least somewhat like reading Shakespeare or some other author or playwright from that era... It takes a little more effort sometimes ~ and maybe quite a bit more effort ~ to really understand not the words, necessarily, but the phrasing and accurate understanding of ideas conveyed.

, since the KJV Bible is no longer in Old English characters, and only a few words, like thee and thou, etc., are still in it, which are not that difficult... to understand.
See directly above.

When you refer to some parts of the KJV being difficult to understand, I guarantee you, it's mostly because The Holy Spirit has NOT shown you the proper interpretation of those parts, which is a sign you need more Bible study.
In a sense, I agree. But in another sense ~ according to what I've said here ~ I disagree. More modern translations can help. There is no need for the Holy Spirit to add to what God has said, of course, but the Holy Spirit is still at work, even in the development of more modern translations, protecting and maintaining the integrity of the Word of God.

I suggest you ask Him for understanding...
Suggestion noted... :) Yes, we should all pray for true wisdom and understanding, as it is a gift of the Spirit.

in your Bible study, and quit pushing modern Bible revisionist committee translations that keep throwing out 'new and improved'.
LOL! Hoo boy. Surely you're not like this in person, are you? I mean surely not... My goodness.

Grace and peace to you, Davy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<eye roll> the "synagogue of Satan battle AGAINST THE KJV BIBLE"... Good Lord. LOL!
Fact that you are not aware of Jesus' warning about that shows why you haven't come to understanding in God's Word.

Who tells you such things, Davy? I guess you had to hear or learn this... stuff... somewhere. So who? Where?
What, you were not aware of Wescott and Hort CREATING A NEW GREEK NEW TESTAMENT in 1881? They pulled from Codex Vaticanus mainly, and Codex Sinaiticus, which the origin of both are questionable.
Hm, you might want to look into who the folks who actually worked on the ESV and NASB actually were...
I have, no need to look further. All modern NT Bible translations are nothing but post 1880 revisions from so-called "Critical texts" which the KJV translators did NOT use.

Well, if they do it correctly and accurately, then does it matter, Davy? I did say, Davy ~ and accurately ~ that there really is no difference in what the King James says in comparison to the ESV or NASB, it's just that the language used in the KJV can be easier to misunderstand because of the 500-year difference (give or take a few years) between them. The English language has ~ I realize this is a "bad word" in Christian circles, but I'll use it anyway ~ evolved a bit since then. Again... nothing has been "changed," but communication styles have changed quite a bit.
That shows you have not looked into it deeply enough. Read Wescott and Hort's personal letters to each other. You can find them at archive.org.

Absolutely. And I would add that the integrity of God's Word has been maintained by the Holy Spirit ever since it was originally written. Now there are some inaccuracies in some translations for sure, but the preponderance of evidence through the centuries bears those out... but certainly that is something to be aware of and on the lookout for.
Again, you need to look deeper at the sources for modern NT Bible translations.

Not talking about "letters"... I'm really not sure what you even mean by this, but I don't care, really.
You should... care, because Dr. James White, a Bible scholar, said it does not matter if a Bible scholar sitting on a Bible revision committee is a CHRISTIAN or not.

If a NON-CHRISTIAN Bible scholar for the New Testament is helping with a revision, then WHAT must he rely upon? The Holy Spirit giving him understanding in the Scriptures? No, he must rely ONLY on the study of the letter, like grammar, sentence structure, etc., etc.

Understanding in God's written Word ain't simply just about reading it, The Holy Spirit must be present to properly understand it, allowing God's Word to interpret God's Word. Only God by The Holy Spirit can give us understanding in it.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact that you are not aware of Jesus' warning about that shows why you haven't come to understanding in God's Word.
You're welcome to your opinion.

What, you were not aware of Wescott and Hort CREATING A NEW GREEK NEW TESTAMENT in 1881?
They didn't "create a new Greek New Testament" ~ as if it was different than any before ~ Davy. So, not in the sense you seem to be propagating; that's just a very disingenuous statement.

But my only point was that any blanket statement like the one you made ~ "The modern English Bible translations are based on Wescott and Hort's 'corrupt' NEW Greek New Testament of 1881" ~ is just not accurate. And as I have said several times now, at least the modern translations I mentioned (the ESV and NASB) say the same things as the KJV, but convey some of them in "easier-to-understand-because-of-non-antiquated-English" ways. You're making far, far more of this that what I have said, Davy.

All modern NT Bible translations are nothing but post 1880 revisions from so-called "Critical texts" which the KJV translators did NOT use.
Well, "post-1880" I'll accept... LOL! Beyond that, ut 'modern' is not synonymous with "Satanic," Davy.

Regarding the Sinaiticus and Vitcanus Codices specifically, even with their textual variations, they reflect the great truth that God has preserved His Word through the centuries; even still, the vast majority ~ over 90% ~ of the New Testament text is unanimously supported by all the ancient manuscripts. In those passages where the proper reading is disputed, there is no major doctrinal change. It is God's Word.

That shows you have not looked into it deeply enough.
Opinion noted. :)

Again, you need to look deeper at the sources for modern NT Bible translations.
Again, opinion noted. :)

You should... care...
Yet again, opinion noted. :) You're changing the context of what I said there... my context. All I was saying was that I don't really care what you meant in saying "study of letters only is NOT enough."

because Dr. James White, a Bible scholar, said it does not matter if a Bible scholar sitting on a Bible revision committee is a CHRISTIAN or not. If a NON-CHRISTIAN Bible scholar for the New Testament is helping with a revision, then WHAT must he rely upon? The Holy Spirit giving him understanding in the Scriptures? No, he must rely ONLY on the study of the letter, like grammar, sentence structure, etc., etc.
Well, okay, I disagree with Dr. James White. :) See, I think ~ in Paul's words in Romans 8 ~ that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. You may think that irrelevant, but here's what I mean, or what I'm getting at: God can use even His enemies to accomplish His purposes. And in the case of Bible translation, I think it entirely possible for an expert in translating ancient Hebrew and/or Greek to English accurately and still not be a Christian himself or herself. And to what you say here, it is possible for the Holy Spirit even to aid him or her in translation even without him or her knowing it or acknowledging it.

Understanding in God's written Word ain't simply just about reading it, The Holy Spirit must be present to properly understand it, allowing God's Word to interpret God's Word. Only God by The Holy Spirit can give us understanding in it.
Hmm, well, there's a couple of different ways to assess "understanding." :) I would say that in one sense, anyone is certainly able to understand, or capable of understanding, on its face, God's Word. But the real issue is knowing God ~ believing with the heart and communing with God personally... this is true understanding. In other words, it is very possible to know all about God/Jesus through reading/studying the Bible but to still not know God/Jesus. But I agree in at least this sense, that it is God ~ by the work of His Spirit ~ Who "opens the eyes of the blind, unstops the ears of the deaf, makes the lame to leap like a deer, and makes the mute tongue to sing for joy" (Isiah 35:5-6).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome to your opinion.
I'm not giving an opinion on today's attack of the 1611 KJV Bible. You even showed YOUR OWN IGNORANCE about the KJV by trying to push the pop LIE that it's still in Old English and hard to read, when it is not. It's obvious you haven't understood that the idea of 'Old English' means this...

kjv-1611-version-margin-notes-matthew-13-1-3.jpg

They didn't "create a new Greek New Testament" ~ as if it was different than any before ~ Davy. So, not in the sense you seem to be propagating; that's just a very disingenuous statement.
YES... Wescott and Hort did... create a whole NEW GREEK TEXT in the 1880s.

You only show your ignorance of what went on with that...

Their revised NEW Greek text was created from DIFFERENT Greek New Testament manuscripts which the KJV translators DID NOT USE. I've already said this once to you about Wescott and Hort's usage of the Codex Vaticanus (discovered in the Vatican library in 1475), and the Codex Sinaiticus (discovered in part in the trash at a Greek monastery in 1844 by Tischendorf, and then he claimed he found the rest years later.) Wescott and Hort fooled the revisionists into accepting their UNFOUNDED theory that the original origin of those Greek NT manuscripts go back to the 3rd-4th century, earlier than the Traditional Majority Greek texts the KJV translators used. Revisionists bought Wescott and Hort's lie of their new revised Greek NT text, and thus the many modern CORRUPT Bible translations.

Even the New King James Bible (NKJV) by Nelson publishers includes translations from Wescott and Hort's new Greek text, which the original 1611 KJV Bible NEVER USED! So don't tell me there's no conspiracy going on to attack the 1611 KJV Bible!

See Bridge To Babylon that documents this... :

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not giving an opinion on today's attack of the 1611 KJV Bible.
Well, good... :)

You even showed YOUR OWN IGNORANCE about the KJV by trying to push the pop LIE that it's still in Old English and hard to read, when it is not...
I said nothing about it being hard to read...

Wescott and Hort did... create a whole NEW GREEK TEXT in the 1880s.
Again, yes, in a way, but no in the greater, more important sense. But again, you're welcome to your opinion. It is not new or different in substance.

The great thing about the intenet is that you can find anything on it you want to find. But the bad thing about it is that... you can find anything on it you want to find. :)

Their revised NEW Greek text was created from DIFFERENT Greek New Testament manuscripts which the KJV translators DID NOT USE.
But not different at all in substance, as I said.

Grace and peace to you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 came and went. Revelation 21-22 seem more current events. In my opinion, due to all things not being as the former.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 came and went. Revelation 21-22 seem more current events. In my opinion, due to all things not being as the former.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MatthewG

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said nothing about it being hard to read...
Goes with the territory of the Old English attack against the KJV Bible.

Again, yes, in a way, but no in the greater, more important sense. But again, you're welcome to your opinion. It is not new or different in substance.
"In a way"? Come on, really?

Wescott and Hort used completely DIFFERENT Greek texts for their NEW Greek text revision than the known MAJORITY Greek text, which still today the Majority Text makeup the 'majority' of existing Greek New Testament manuscripts, over 2,000.

Wescott and Hort used Codex Vaticanus for most of their NEW Greek text revision, a Greek manuscript that was only discovered in the Vatican library in 1475, and which does not show it was widely used. Codex Sinaiticus is even worse in its origins, because a Greek scholar of the era of Tischendorf at the monastery where it was found said he was its original author, and there's a conspiracy surrounding the attempt to ruin the credibility of that Greek scholar also. And Codex Sinaiticus had so many errors that's why Tischendorf in 1844 found it in the trash bin at that monastery. So the origins of both Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus which Tischendorf, Wescott and Hort claim they are of the 3rd-4th century A.D., has not been, and cannot be confirmed.

The great thing about the intenet is that you can find anything on it you want to find. But the bad thing about it is that... you can find anything on it you want to find. :)
Now that's a COP OUT excuse, especially since it would mean everything... YOU say on this forum is just rambling with no truth in it at all, simply just because you are posting here on THE INTERNET.

Therefore, a little about the archive.org website. It's a GREAT website providing 'documentation'. You know why? Because it gives a PHOTOCOPY of the ACTUAL PRINTING PRIMARY SOURCE MATERIAL. Do you even know... what a PHOTOCOPY is? It is a PICTURE of an existing ORIGINAL document.

Thus the LINK to Wescott and Hort's new Greek NT 1881 revision from archive.org is a PHOTOCOPY of an EDITION of the ORIGINAL DOCUMENT.

So now like Timtofly, your statements have made you look like a baffoon too.

But not different at all in substance, as I said.
And yet that's another 'vain'... statement with an attempt to deny... the truth of what Wescott and Hort's new Greek text revision is. It IS... DIFFERENT IN SUBSTANCE than what earlier Bible translations used prior to the 1880's.

The Bible in ALL... previous Bibles prior to the W&H, even translations from the Greek Majority text into Latin, German, and English, etc., DID NOT USE WESCOTT AND HORT'S REVISED GREEK TEXT of 1881.

As for 'substance' differences, the MODERN Bible translations have snipets of GNOSTICISM added in them, and they REMOVE various references to CHRIST which ARE... in PREVIOUS BIBLE TRANSLATIONS prior to the 1880's. So don't try and tell me there's not a concerted attack against the TRADITIONAL GREEK TEXT which earlier Bible translations used!

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hello

Rev 20 will become current in around 20 years' time after the judgements around the time of Armageddon.

Shalom

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...the Old English attack against the KJV Bible.
It's not an "attack," Davy. It's about the English language and communication now as opposed to five to six centuries ago... making it more accessible and understandable, as it were.

"In a way"? Come on, really?
In the way that words used are different (ergo, yes, in that way), but the substance of the ESV and NASB is exactly the same as the KJV (ergo, no, in that way). So, yes, in a way. If you disagree, that's fine with me, but if we're going to have a conversation about it, then you would have to cite specific examples. But I'm betting you won't do that; maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wescott and Hort used completely DIFFERENT Greek texts for their NEW Greek text revision than the known MAJORITY Greek text, which still today the Majority Text makeup the 'majority' of existing Greek New Testament manuscripts, over 2,000.
Well, they used more evidence than the translators who produced the KJV, which, really, Davy, is more of a negative on the KJV being less of a preponderance of the evidence. But, thanks be to God, the KJV is not inaccurate.

But again, regarding your "new Greek Text" accusations, yes and no... or, actually, it may be more accurate to say yes but no... See above.

Now that's a COP OUT excuse, especially since it would mean everything...
No, but you're welcome to your... unthoughtful... opinion.

YOU say on this forum is just rambling with no truth in it at all, simply just because you are posting here on THE INTERNET.
LOL! No... I'm not even sure what this statement means... I'm just saying that whatever position you want to take regarding just about anything, you can probably find... something ~ and maybe a lot of that 'something' :) ~ on the internet to support it.

Therefore, a little about the archive.org website. It's a GREAT website providing 'documentation'. You know why? Because it gives a PHOTOCOPY of the ACTUAL PRINTING PRIMARY SOURCE MATERIAL.
That's great. Yet again... see above.

So now like Timtofly, your statements have made you look like a baffoon too.
No, your misconstruing of my comments have made you look like... Well, again, I'm sure you're a nice fellow in person... :)

And yet that's another 'vain'... statement with an attempt to deny... the truth of what Wescott and Hort's new Greek text revision is.
Again, you're welcome to your... unthoughtful... opinion(s). :)

It IS... DIFFERENT IN SUBSTANCE than what earlier Bible translations used prior to the 1880's.
Ah, okay, very well, then, give me some examples you think support your assertion here and we'll talk about it/them. I'll be delighted to prove you wrong... :)

As for 'substance' differences, the MODERN Bible translations have snipets of GNOSTICISM added in them, and they REMOVE various references to CHRIST which ARE... in PREVIOUS BIBLE TRANSLATIONS prior to the 1880's.
Again, examples would be good. Otherwise, what you say is... well, empty.

So don't try and tell me there's not a concerted attack against the TRADITIONAL GREEK TEXT which earlier Bible translations used!
Okay, I won't try. :) But I have, and I will again. :)

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hello

Rev 20 will become current in around 20 years' time after the judgements around the time of Armageddon.

Shalom
...starting in verse 7, yes, that's very possible. :) Actually possibly less than that...

Grace and peace to you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I surmised that to be your position on reading your previous post. Disagree; verse 7.

Grace and peace to you.

Well, my position is that we have not yet seen the judgement of the heavenly hosts in heaven nor the judgement of the kings of the earth on the earth yet and when they are judged they, including Satan, will be imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. However, in Rev 20 we are told that Satan, along with the other judged heavenly hosts and the judged kings of the earth will be imprisoned in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years and then released for a little while and in Rev 20:7-10 we are told about Satan's exploits during this Little while period, while the exploits of the judged kings of the earth's exploits we are told about in Rev 9 and the other heavenly hosts we are told of their exploits and demise in Rev 9, 11, 13, 17 and 19.

As such, Rev 20 is not yet a current reality for us at the present time but will become a reality in around 20 years' time after Isaiah 24:21-22 occurs. Then there will be a 1,000 years' period of relative peace upon the earth while the great harvest of souls takes place, after which Rev 20:7 kick off for a little while period.

Shalom

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my position is that we have not yet seen the judgement of the heavenly hosts in heaven nor the judgement of the kings of the earth on the earth yet...
And what in the Bible are you referring to here? It seems you possibly answer that question below, yes?

...and when they are judged they, including Satan, will be imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment.
Same question as above. You seem to be referring to Revelation 20:1-3 here ("imprisoned in a pit); is that right? Or not?

However, in Rev 20 we are told that Satan, along with the other judged heavenly hosts and the judged kings of the earth will be imprisoned in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years and then released for a little while
Revelation 20:1-6 speaks of Satan and no one else. You disagree? Why?

and in Rev 20:7-10 we are told about Satan's exploits during this Little while period,
Well, this is the scene of ~ "stealing" the title of last book in C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia :) ~ the Last Battle... Jesus's final defeat of Satan. Yes, he comes out to deceive the nations... to gather them for battle, and they surround the camp of the saints and the beloved city, although I think we would disagree quite a bit on just what this means, especially surrounding the camp of the saints and the beloved city...

while the exploits of the judged kings of the earth's exploits we are told about in Rev 9 and the other heavenly hosts we are told of their exploits and demise in Rev 9, 11, 13, 17 and 19.
Ah, so this seems to be your answer to my question above... So let's just take Revelation 19 for now. You believe all of Revelation 19 to occur before any of the events of Revelation 20, is that right? Because if so, no, Revelation 19:11-20 should be seen as a parallel to Revelation 20:7-10. John is given a series of visions, what we could call cycles ~ seven, to be exact, from Revelation 6 to Revelation 21:8, the last from Revelation 20:1 to Revelation 21:8 ~ which parallel one another; all cover the same period leading up to the Second Coming, but each cycle does so from its own distinct vantage point, and later cycles concentrate more and more on the most intense phases of conflict and on the Second Coming itself. At the end of the last one, we see the New Heaven and New Earth, where God will finally have made all things new (not "all new things," an important distinction), as God says in Revelation 21:5.

As such, Rev 20 is not yet a current reality for us at the present time but will become a reality in around 20 years' time after Isaiah 24:21-22 occurs.
Disagree.

I say you should read verses 1-3 as already having occurred... when Jesus ~ our God is a consuming fire, remember ~ came (about 2,000 years ago) and Satan was rendered unable to prevent the spread of the Gospel beyond Israel to the Gentiles. As you probably know, Jesus began His public ministry by quoting Isaiah 61, which begins by saying, "...(God the Father) has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound," and ends by saying, "as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up, so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to sprout up before all the nations" (emphasis added). And Jesus also, in Matthew 12, says, "if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can someone enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man?" Satan is that strong man, and his house is being plundered ~ more people are coming to Christ by the day, and as they do so, they are "no longer dead in sin but made alive together with Christ and raised up with Him..." ~ resurrected in spirit; this is the first resurrection of Revelation 20:5-6 ~ and seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:5-6)

Then there will be a 1,000 years' period of relative peace upon the earth while the great harvest of souls takes place...
Well, I disagree with this, too... Jesus Himself is our peace now (Ephesians 2:14) ~ though there is certainly not peace on earth (yet). He is our Good Shepherd (John 10:14), Who ~ referring to Psalm 23, of course ~ prepares a table before us, in the presence of (our) enemies; He anoints our heads with oil; our cup overflows... and goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives. To set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace, as Paul says in Romans 8:6. And peace is part of the fruit of the Spirit, as Paul says in Galatians 5:22. So we have peace now, even in the midst of the turmoil of the world, Jay.

So yes, we are in the midst of God's millennium now, and very possibly very near (even to us; everything is always near to God), the end of that "thousand years," the complete time God has allotted for all the "first resurrections" of Revelation 20:5-6 to occur... for all His elect, Jew and Gentile, to be raised to newness of life in Christ and brought in to His Israel... for the fullness of the Gentiles to come in and the partial hardening now upon Israel removed, and in this way all Israel will be saved (Romans 11:25-26).

...Rev 20:7 kick off for a little while period.
This I agree with. :)

Grace and peace to you, Jay.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has messengers here who tell us Satan doesn't exist. He loves that doctrine!

Revelation 12:9
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@PinSeeker let me put a few more rungs into the ladder to help you understand my thoughts a little easier.

Isaiah 24:21-22 presents the judgement of the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth. Daniel 7:11-12 speaks of the judgement of the heavenly hosts, i.e. the beasts and the Little horn, whose lives will be preserved for a season, i.e. for 1,000 years. Then in Daniel 7:13-14 which follows on, tells us that Christ will be given dominion over all of the peoples of the earth such that they should worship Him and a kingdom. Rev 19:1-5 speaks of this event which will occur at the beginning of the seventh age.

Christ’s dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed. Joel 3:1-4 also speaks of the Armageddon event and God’s gathering of the Israelite to Himself and Paul indicates that when the fullness with respect to the 2,300 years of the Gentiles trampling God’s earthly hosts, is completed, that all of Israel will be saved. In Matt 25:1-13 and Rev 19:6-10 we are told of the wedding feast celebration in heaven as Israel is gathered once more into relationship with God/Christ.

Satan just before he is judged and is imprisoned in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years gathers his good and faithful servants together to give them the means, i.e. loads of money, to interfere with the establishment of God’s everlasting kingdom and to impede the ability for the people of the earth to turn towards establishing a meaningful relationship with God.

When the 1,000 years ends, around 24 years, by my reckoning, before the end of the Seventh Age, an angel will descend down from heaven to unlock the Bottomless pit so that the judged kings of the earth and the judged heavenly hosts are able to rise up out of the Bottomless pit and do their thing. Initially the Locusts, i.e. the kings of the earth and their armies, will rise up for a period of five months to torment those who do not have the seal of God upon them.

Satan initially goes after the woman who had given birth to the nation of Israel but when that was unsuccessful, Satan then goes to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

After the Locusts, the four beasts located at the great river Euphrates are summonsed to kill a third of mankind with plagues. They had an army of 200,000,000 men doing their bidding.

Satan goes to Gog and Magog to gather an army to march all over the earth and to finally surround Jerusalem and the camp of the saints.
It seems that at this time the two witnesses will stand up in Jerusalem and after the 42 months of their testimony, the beast that will rise up out of the abyss/the bottomless pit will make war against the two witnesses and overcome them and kill them and they will lie upon the ground for three and a half days and the people will gloat over them and will give each other presents, but after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered the two witnesses, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell upon those who saw them. And the witnesses heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched them.

During that hour there was great turmoil, and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand were killed because of this turmoil, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

It is after this time that Christ comes down from heaven with an army to make war against the Beast and the False Prophet, towards the end of the Little while Period and they are captured and dispatched into the Lake of fire.

Immediately after the capture of the Beast and the false prophet, Satan is also captured and is also dispatched into the lake of fire.
It is at this point that Christ will once more come on the clouds of heaven with all of the heavenly hosts to judge mankind from what is recorded in the books of life, and those that will be deemed righteous, they will enter into the possession of the earth and those who are judged unrighteous will be cast into the lake of fire.

Then the heavens and the earth will be refurbished and made like new again and we the righteous will come together with Christ to Worship God as His Temple which Christ prophetically stated that he would accomplish in John 2:19. Now, since the Jews caused the Temple to be destroyed, the restoration of the Temple made up from the building blocks of the Saints will be accomplished, after three days of the Lord’s time just after the beginning of the eighth Age of eternity.

Shalom

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Isaiah 24 in particular...

This section of Isaiah ~ not just chapter 24 but extending from chapter 24 through chapter 27 ~ is what commentators refer to as "the little apocalypse." Apocalyptic imagery is heavily used here by Isaiah as he records what he foresaw happening after the people of Israel and Judah returned from their exiles in Assyria and Babylon. The subjects of Isaiah's attention include not only God's people but the whole world, as he looks at the final ramifications of human sin. We can describe Isaiah's prophecy here as "layered," as is the case with most of the prophecies in the Bible; and here there is an immediate fulfillment (events that were to happen after the people of Israel and Judah returned from their exiles) and an ultimate fulfillment (events that will happen at the end of the age).

Chapter 24 begins with the Lord's emptying of the earth (v.1). The picture presented in verses 1–3 reveals that when God brings about the end of the present fallen era, wealth will not protect anyone. Rich men and women (the slavemaster, mistress, seller, lender, and creditor) will experience the desolation of the planet as much as the poor (the slave, maid, buyer, borrower, and debtor). Of course, what this desolation looks like, or the manifestation of it, is a much-debated topic among Christians... Earth and its inhabitants will be "utterly plundered" (v. 3), a phrase that likely indicates unnatural devastation is in view... which is to say that Isaiah probably speaks of carnage and destruction that come from warfare, from human beings doing their worst to one another. Thus, this passage fits well with others in Scripture about the wars between human powers and between God and the nations that accompany the last days (Ezekiel 38:1-39:20; Revelation 16:12-16).

Isaiah goes on to describe the mourning of the earth, lying as it does under the defilement of sin (24:4–6). Human sin affects not only men and women but also the rest of creation itself, and it is groaning in longing for release from death and decay (Genesis 3:17-18; Romans 8:20-23). Before this release occurs, however, the creation must be judged. The results of this judgment are likened to an olive tree and grapevines after the harvest (Isaiah 24:23). Just as precious few olives and grapes are left on the plants at the end of the harvest, only a few "parts of the earth" will remain. This is a reference to the remnant that will survive judgment, a faithful people who will rejoice in the Lord's verdict against unrighteousness (24:14–16). God's final judgment will be for His people as much as it is against sin and death. The faithful remnant will be vindicated as God judges thoroughly and righteously, even toppling those who hold the most power among creatures—the kings of the earth and the rebellious members of the heavenly host (24:21–23). God will set all things right for His children, which means bringing an end to Satan and his minions (Revelation 20:7-10).

The final judgment in Isaiah 24 was prophesied to come after the exile of Israel and Judah. This was the immediate fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy. We live on the other side of this exile and are still waiting for the full and final ~ ultimate ~ fulfillment of it, which the New Testament clearly shows us will not come until the return of Christ, which will occur after God's Israel is built to its completion and after the close of God's millennium of Revelation 20. Nevertheless, we are closer to the day of judgment today then we were yesterday, and we will be even closer to it tomorrow. :) The question for us all is, are we ready/prepared to endure that great day by resting in Christ's righteousness alone?

Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since we have been given a particular explanation of Isaiah 24 let us consider the actual words of the chapter to see if what has been claimed in the previous post is actually justified for this passage: -

Isaiah 24: - Impending Judgment on the Earth
24:
1 Behold, the Lord makes the earth empty and makes it waste,
Distorts its surface
And scatters abroad its inhabitants.
2 And it shall be:
As with the people, so with the priest;
As with the servant, so with his master;
As with the maid, so with her mistress;
As with the buyer, so with the seller;
As with the lender, so with the borrower;
As with the creditor, so with the debtor.
3 The earth shall be entirely emptied and utterly plundered,
For the Lord has spoken this word.

4 The earth mourns and fades away,
The world languishes and fades away;
The haughty people of the earth languish.
5 The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants,
Because they have transgressed the laws,
Changed the ordinance,
Broken the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore the curse has devoured the earth,
And those who dwell in it are desolate.
Therefore, the inhabitants of the earth are burned,
And few men are left.

7 The new wine fails, the vine languishes,
All the merry-hearted sigh.
8 The mirth of the tambourine ceases,
The noise of the jubilant ends,
The joy of the harp ceases.
9 They shall not drink wine with a song;
Strong drink is bitter to those who drink it.
10 The city of confusion is broken down;
Every house is shut up, so that none may go in.
11 There is a cry for wine in the streets,
All joy is darkened,
The mirth of the earth is gone.
12 In the city desolation is left,
And the gate is stricken with destruction.
13 When it shall be thus in the midst of the earth among the people,
It shall be like the shaking of an olive tree,
Like the gleaning of grapes when the vintage is done.

14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing;
For the majesty of the Lord
They shall cry aloud from the sea.
15 Therefore glorify the Lord in the dawning light,
The name of the Lord God of Israel in the coastlands of the sea.
16 From the very beginning of the earth we have heard songs:
"Glory to the righteous!"
But I said, "I am ruined, ruined!
Woe to me!
The treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously,
Indeed, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously."

17 Fear and the pit and the snare are upon you,
O inhabitant of the earth, {i.e. God’s earth}.
18 And it shall be
That he who flees from the noise of the fear
Shall fall into the pit,
And he who comes up from the midst of the pit
Shall be caught in the snare;
For the windows from on high are open,
And the foundations of the earth are shaken.

19 The earth, {i.e. God’s earth}, is spoilt beyond spoiling,
The earth is broken beyond breaking,
The earth is in turmoil beyond turmoil.
20 The earth shall waver beyond wavering like a drunkard,
And the {watchman’s} hut shall waver;
The transgression shall be heavy upon it,
And it will be overwhelmed, and not continue.

21 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the face of the land the kings of the face of the land.
22 They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days they will be punished.
23 Then the moon will be disgraced
And the sun ashamed;
For the Lord of hosts will reign
On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
And before His elders, gloriously.

Shalom