BEAUTIFUL PLACES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also like Escape to the country. And yes there are many places of beauty in Britain that I have visited and many more that I haven't.

I liked your first photo so much that I am using it as wallpaper. I change the wallpaper now and then.

Here is a photo of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where I grew up. (Have been living in California for most of my life.) But have great memories of Pittsburgh.

th-3041885816.jpg

This one is of Pennsylvania.
th-3916717300.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I liked your first photo so much that I am using it as wallpaper. I change the wallpaper now and then.

Here is a photo of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where I grew up. (Have been living in California for most of my life.) But have great memories of Pittsburgh.

View attachment 37681

This one is of Pennsylvania.
View attachment 37682
Lovely autumn colours.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1699364092187.png

This is Eccles, the town where I grew up. The view is from the library steps with the war memorial in the middle and the town hall clock on the right. The name Eccles comes from it's ancient Parish Church of St Mary church of England.

1699364459184.png

• Love
Reactions: Debp and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cabo San Lucas rock bridge, went there once, reminds me of pirates of the Caribbean. All this picture is missing is a pirate ship:
featured-image-1.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cabo San Lucas rock bridge, went there once, reminds me of pirates of the Caribbean. All this picture is missing is a pirate ship:
featured-image-1.jpg

There is a similar formation on our south coast in Dorset.
1699445957220.png

Durdle Door in the county of Dorset, part of the Jurassic coast.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, Mount Pilchuck in Washington state is a good summer hike, it's pretty steep and high up and you have to climb the rock face a little. But it is a super view to enjoy God's beautiful creations while enjoying lunch.

La Jolla in Southern California is warm in the summer and the water is great. Lots of fun. First time I ever surfed.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico was were I went after my first marriage. Had a fun time, lots of glass bottom boat rides and paragliding and such. But you have to buy bottled water, can't drink it out of the faucet cause it tastes like they got it from the ocean or something, really thick water.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went when I was a child to a remote lake in Canada with amphibious airplanes, the fishing was great and the rainbow trout was super to cook up and eat. We had a cabin and there was a small store for bait and tackle that we walked to. The pilot took us to a more remote lake that had no roads where we fished. Great nature experience, really reminded me of boy scouts a lot, but with family:

2004p_quebec_012.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a assistant scout master in my church we took the kids up to Ghost Mountain, in California and told them the story of the family that lived there around a camp fire. It was fun for them. There was a man back in the early history that went crazy and moved his family up there to be away from the cities. The family eventually realized he was insane and they moved back to the city, but he stayed in the place he constructed till he eventually died. The mountain has this sparkle to the sand which is neat to see in just the right light. You can read the story here: Ghost Mountain

I don't get out much anymore because of my health conditions, but the memories are fun to see in photos of the places I've been in my life. When I was in the military I visited California for boot camp long before I lived there. Then I went to school in North Carolina for military. Loved that place too. I live in my home place of Washington now. And being older it's nice because the weather is mild here.

20141109GhostMountainDSC_3727-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when I was in North Carolina for my military school me and some friends from my unit on leave went to Myrtle Beach South Carolina for the parties. It was fun. One of my friends took me up to Maryland where his family lived. The area around South Carolina to Maryland is God's country beautiful. Great memories there:

myrtle-beach-2.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, @dev553344 Some dramatic and beautiful places. Our scenery in the UK is much more compact, not so many wide open places. Our Lake District is beautiful. Much of it saved for posterity by Beatrix Potter who bought up many farms and acres with the proceeds of her books.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, @dev553344 Some dramatic and beautiful places. Our scenery in the UK is much more compact, not so many wide open places. Our Lake District is beautiful. Much of it saved for posterity by Beatrix Potter who bought up many farms and acres with the proceeds of her books.
I really enjoy the look of the UK too. I like the old and nice looking buildings.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I really enjoy the look of the UK too. I like the old and nice looking buildings.
Were small but beautiful. And we have so much variety in such a small country, from mountains and lakes to flatland fens and rolling hills as well as some stunning coastal areas.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were small but beautiful. And we have so much variety in such a small country, from mountains and lakes to flatland fens and rolling hills as well as some stunning coastal areas.
Yes the pictures you posted are really great. I love the whole look. We have a lot of open space here, and they like to pack everyone into cities to preserve the open space, but nothing too old until you get to certain cities. I think I can find one that I have visited. Yeah Leavenworth for Octoberfest. I've been there to visit and my neighbor said he just went there for the fest:
627ecc8b3b73e.image_.jpg