BEAUTIFUL PLACES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, @dev553344 Some dramatic and beautiful places. Our scenery in the UK is much more compact, not so many wide open places. Our Lake District is beautiful. Much of it saved for posterity by Beatrix Potter who bought up many farms and acres with the proceeds of her books.
I used to read Beatrix Potter's books as a child....all of the little animals so cute.

I was at lovely Lake Windermere. It was pouring rain so we couldn't go on the boat cruise. Played snooker with other tourists at the hotel while it poured rain.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is famous Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright. It's about 67 miles South of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I never got there as a child, but we did vacation in the countryside near there.

Fallingwater was built in 1935 for Kaufman who had a department store in Pittsburgh.
It's now a World Heritage Site.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is famous Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright. It's about 67 miles South of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I never got there as a child, but we did vacation in the countryside near there.

Fallingwater was built in 1935 for Kaufman who had a department store in Pittsburgh.
It's now a World Heritage Site.
Lovely the water noise is very loud and I love the statue who looks to be praying.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1699893750040.png

Another of my favourite Welsh places, Llangollen. This is the famous 1007-foot long Pontcysyllte Aqueduct towering above the Dee Valley. Notice the canal boat crossing above.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I miss the rain. We rarely get it here in the Basin of Los Angeles. Sometimes the desert and the mountains will get rain...but we don't.

Reactions: Lambano