Beauty for Ashes: God's Plan for Victory Over Depression!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes.

You know, there is a lot of craziness going on in the world right now. People are getting desperate and I read somewhere that suicide is very high at the moment. Our message this week is called “Beauty for Ashes: God’s Plan for VICTORY from Depression”. In a world full of hopelessness, we as the children of God rely on Him as our one true hope, amen? Even if you don’t care to hear the message, I wanted to put out a few questions that might inspire a discussion to help those in need:
  1. It’s important to remember that we are not alone in our suffering. Not only is God always with us, but others have been where we are. If you have an experience of coming through depression, despair, or hopelessness, consider sharing how you were delivered.
  2. Can you recommend some good scriptures (or even messages) that might help someone that’s feeling depressed?
  3. We know what the Bible says about suicide, share your thoughts if you like.
All of my responses to this, including how I came through a very deep, dark, depression, are shared in the weekly message if it’s something you’d like to hear.
God bless you all.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suffer from schizophrenia and suffered early on before that condition with severe depression and panic attacks. When I turned to the Lord and starting going to church and being an active member I was filled with the Holy Spirit and soon all of that left. But I find I still suffer if I don't take my psych meds somewhat. But I watch online church services daily and do some scripture reading to boost me up spiritually from the Lord.

I would say now that I am successfully recovered. But I think being part of church is the key.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes.

You know, there is a lot of craziness going on in the world right now. People are getting desperate and I read somewhere that suicide is very high at the moment. Our message this week is called “Beauty for Ashes: God’s Plan for VICTORY from Depression”. In a world full of hopelessness, we as the children of God rely on Him as our one true hope, amen? Even if you don’t care to hear the message, I wanted to put out a few questions that might inspire a discussion to help those in need:
  1. It’s important to remember that we are not alone in our suffering. Not only is God always with us, but others have been where we are. If you have an experience of coming through depression, despair, or hopelessness, consider sharing how you were delivered.
  2. Can you recommend some good scriptures (or even messages) that might help someone that’s feeling depressed?
  3. We know what the Bible says about suicide, share your thoughts if you like.
All of my responses to this, including how I came through a very deep, dark, depression, are shared in the weekly message if it’s something you’d like to hear.
God bless you all.
Love the song. Blessings to you and peace from God!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Keeping the Sabbath is so important that it's one of the 10 Commandments, as God wants us to use it to take things easy and recharge our spiritual batteries.
Sadly many people don't know how to relax and their tired minds are therefore open to demonic attack causing depression among other things-

uni1.jpg