• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KDO

Aug 4, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depression...,

Ever since the fall of man through sin, the human race has been afflicted with all sorts of diseases most especially that of the mind. Oftentimes we wonder why would a believer commit suicide, become depressed, become anxious, etc.

It's very easy to judge people on the outside when it seems like they have it all and God forbid they ask for help when they're suffering mentally, the world becomes vicious and cruel. "How dare they ask for help when everything seems to be going well for them?" "Oh they're just seeking attention because they want people to feel sorry for them." "Grow up who cares you're not the only person with problems."

It's statements like these that make individuals suffer in silence until it's too late. The stigma regarding Mental Health seems to be much more vicious as the years advance. And those who suffer turn away from God because they blame God for their problems and isolate themselves and suffer alone.

I can speak from experience. I had been depressed for more than 10 years, had multiple suicide attempts and yet the world was more vicious and cruel to me because how dare I with an education, a privileged background, food on my table, a roof over my head, dare to be depressed when there are other people who do not have it as well as I do. On the outside looking in, it seemed like I had it all, but from the inside looking out there was a dark cloud hanging over me. I had experienced betrayal from those I never thought would betray me, I was bullied, I was abused, I was beat up physically and emotionally, yet people did not seem to care. I hated God, I will curse God, I was angry at God, and I would always tell Him if you love me why would you put me in such a toxic environment?

One day it got so bad I wanted to jump over a bridge, on my drive to the bridge I got a call from my brother and that's when I knew quality mattered more than quantity. I went on my knees a few weeks after and I told God if you truly are real please surprise me and get me out of this toxic situation. He answered that prayer and I became born again over a year ago. As I started becoming closer to God and understanding who Jesus was that's when I realized that depression is from the devil, suicidal ideations is from the devil, anxiety is from the devil and he makes us believe that God does not love us that is why we are suffering. When I got delivered I was still very scared because I did not want to go back to that depressive mentality. I was naive and it was very easy for strangers to take advantage of me and then I went back to being angry at God. But as I started to digest more of the word, attending a true faith-based Bible Church not a Jesus Rock and roll show Church, that's when I understood that God uses our trials to elevate us. If we do not have trials how would we grow? if we do not have tests how would we give testimonies? Like gold we have to go through the fire and be purified because spiritual attack means spiritual elevation.

Do not give up in your times of trouble, although it may seem like there is no way out remember that God parted the Red Sea so the Israelites could escape from Egypt (Exodus 14: 21-29). He truly is a God of solution. Our heavenly Father is fearful in praises (Exodus 15:11) so in all seasons give Him praise, give Him thanks. When prayers do not seem to work start thanking God and watch Him work in a miraculous way for you. Jesus went through the brunt of it when He died on the cross for us. He told us to pick up our cross if we are to follow Him (Matthew 16:24-25). He did not promise us a life of no trouble but He did tell us to cheer up because He has overcome (John 16:33).

So I challenge you today, despite your troubles, what are 10 things that you are grateful to God for? As you begin to count your blessings and see what God has done then you will know the God who did it for you before will surely do it for you again.

I love you and God loves you more,
K.D.O.

Resources
If you need to be prayed for, please reach out to the prayer line contact centers below and be rest assured, you will testify.
1.) https://emmanuel.tv/contacts/
2.) PRAYER REQUEST - RCCG National Headquarters
3.) Contact Center - Living Faith Church Worldwide

If you would like to rededicate your life to Christ or become born again please say this prayer below.

Lord Jesus, I come to you as I am a sinner in need of your salvation. Please wash me with your precious blood and save my soul. I accept you as my Lord and Savior, and I believe in your finished work on the cross. Forgive me of my sins and welcome me into your arms as your child. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

KDO

Aug 4, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Things I'm grateful to God for.
1. Waking up today
2. My brother
3. A roof over my head
4. Food on my table
5. Restoration of my MENTAL HEALTH
6. Saving my soul
7. Being able bodied
8. Having healthy organs
9. Having the courage to enjoy being alone and not be lonely
10. My education

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Things I'm grateful to God for.
1. Waking up today
2. My brother
3. A roof over my head
4. Food on my table
5. Restoration of my MENTAL HEALTH
6. Saving my soul
7. Being able bodied
8. Having healthy organs
9. Having the courage to enjoy being alone and not be lonely
10. My education
I was able to get past depression and anxiety because I turned to God and served him. His spirit is with me I think and he is not depressed. He is love, joy and peace.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey KDO, So happy for you that you got over depression and suicide because of God. I also was once accused of just wanting attention when I had a lot of anxiety but that was not true. Why would I want bad attention as opposed to healthy, good attention? by all means, no! there are many reasons people can have depression or anxiety so people should be open-minded.

Last edited:

KDO

Aug 4, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was able to get past depression and anxiety because I turned to God and served him. His spirit is with me I think and he is not depressed. He is love, joy and peace.
Amazing. The Holy Spirit is the comforter. Congratulations on overcoming the battle of the mind, God Bless you. EMMANUEL (God With Us).

KDO

Aug 4, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey KDO, So happy for you that you got over depression and suicide because of God. I also was once accused of wanting attention when I had a lot of anxiety but that was not true. Why would I want bad attention as opposed to healthy, good attention? by all means, no! there are many reasons people can have depression or anxiety so people should be open-minded.
Thank you. I empathize with your plight. Unfortunately the world does not care and is very selfish due to sin, hence why it is imperative we surround ourselves with individuals we feel safe with and guard our energy against soul leeches and energy vampires. Congratulations on your bravery, it is not easy voicing out how you feel when you are struggling with issues like this. God Bless you and Emmanuel (God with us).

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you. I empathize with your plight. Unfortunately the world does not care and is very selfish due to sin, hence why it is imperative we surround ourselves with individuals we feel safe with and guard our energy against soul leeches and energy vampires. Congratulations on your bravery, it is not easy voicing out how you feel when you are struggling with issues like this. God Bless you and Emmanuel (God with us).
you're welcome, there are still people in this world who care though and want you to get better. I feel as though my anxiety has tuned down for no reason I can think of except that God has made this happen somehow. I feel that my anxiety was a lot more before than now. I feel that when I assess myself with family I feel comfortable or fairly comfortable and that before I felt a lot more anxious even with family and there's still this safe and natural supplement I want to try after I get off my medication so there's still hope to feel completely better.

KDO

Aug 4, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're welcome, there are still people in this world who care though and want you to get better. I feel as though my anxiety has tuned down for no reason I can think of except that God has made this happen somehow. I feel that my anxiety was a lot more before than now. I feel that when I assess myself with family I feel comfortable or fairly comfortable and that before I felt a lot more anxious even with family and there's still this safe and natural supplement I want to try after I get off my medication so there's still hope to feel completely better.
God is good.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1..God healed me of an addiction.
2 “ healed me of social anxiety.
3 “ healed me from a fear of men.
4 “ healed me from depression.
5” healed me from having a drink ( alcohol) before stepping outside the door.......God is the only healer!!...
Reunited me with my eldest Son, we have been estranged for many years...it was a perfect reunion and I got to meet my grandkids and his new partner.

That’s all I can think of at the moment as I’m at home With covid.....

KDO

Aug 4, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reunited me with my eldest Son, we have been estranged for many years...it was a perfect reunion and I got to meet my grandkids and his new partner.

PRAISE THE LORD. what a beautiful testimony, may The Lord continue to perform wonderful miracles in your life.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PRAISE THE LORD. what a beautiful testimony, may The Lord continue to perform wonderful miracles in your life.
Thank you Brother/Sister....
Words of wisdom....Amen!!

• Love
Reactions: KDO

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
4 “ healed me from depression.
5” healed me from having a drink ( alcohol) before stepping outside the door.......God is the only healer!!...

Wow, what a wonderful testimony. Sorry to hear you're at home with Covid. I hope you get better soon dear sister.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice and KDO