Becoming A Lawyer..a Sure Ticket To Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there any Christian Lawyers? Are there any Lawyers that are Christian? I don't see any way they could be, because they would have to serve 2 masters. How would they account for representing criminals? How would they account for general law manipulation? To succeed as a lawyer you have to bend the law to work for your client, not all cases, but at times you will have to. Any thoughts? Any Lawyer's a member here at the Christian Board Forum?Any comments appreciated.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
QUOTE (jshiii @ Mar 5 2009, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70294
Are there any Christian Lawyers? Are there any Lawyers that are Christian? I don't see any way they could be, because they would have to serve 2 masters. How would they account for representing criminals? How would they account for general law manipulation? To succeed as a lawyer you have to bend the law to work for your client, not all cases, but at times you will have to. Any thoughts? Any Lawyer's a member here at the Christian Board Forum?Any comments appreciated.
Who appointed you the judge?

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Mar 5 2009, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70297
Who appointed you the judge?
Oops you are correct...I forgot I was judging.I guess it's each his own and God will judge their hearts. Ha, I answered my own questions.

shmity72

Feb 17, 2009
i once represented a rapist...for the due process of law. this occured in my fraternity house. no one there condoned the date rape, myself included. but justice had to be served, so i as a suedo lawyer represented him.don't get down on the law...~shmity72

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
I know an ex-lawyer from Texas. "Ex" because he said that basically because he had a conscience and was not out to just make money, he could not carry on being a lawyer. Just out of interest we have a pub nearby called, "The Honest Lawyer". Made me stop and think!

jules

Feb 24, 2009
QUOTE (shmity72 @ Mar 6 2009, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70304
i once represented a rapist...for the due process of law. this occured in my fraternity house. no one there condoned the date rape, myself included. but justice had to be served, so i as a suedo lawyer represented him.don't get down on the law...~shmity72
I reckon jshiii's question wasn't just a lark - and your answer confirms how little most modern lawyers & judges fear God, respect HIS law or even understand what responsibility 'sitting in court' carries in the eyes of our Lord!I suggest you'd be VERY careful when quoting: " ... but justice had to be served ..."! - because you're only serving the corrupted version of justice - most of which 'stinks' before God, and therewith stepping outside God's laws.Anyone thinking that he/she can dispense their own or another version of 'justice', is directly going against God's laws, not only that - but also giving FALSE hope to present & future evil doers, false hope which (in the end) leads them further from God than when His laws had been observed! And false hope that in the end they will not 'reap what they sowed'.Double & triple curse effects all around .......Today's understanding of justice is vastly different from God's understanding of justice - and teinted by the humanistic tendency to remove righteous punishment, pervert the cause of God's justice & laws, bring 'understanding & tolerance' into a system to the detriment of heathen and christian victims alike!!Any man or woman holding an official position (such as police, politician, judge, teacher, etc) in public life, have been elevated by - or permitted to achieve that position by God!In God's eyes, it is a judge's responsibility to 'speak God's law over the people', not some philosophically watered down version which has been universally accepted by a satanicly influenced population of the planet which is ruled by the 'prince of the power of the air'.Romans 10:3; For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God... does not only address spiritual righteousness.Just because our human/humane laws state something's legal - it's not automatically 'right' (abortion, homosexual marriages, prison for capital crimes, democracy, prisons at all, to name only a few)!Just because our human/humane laws state something's illegal - it's not automatically wrong (poaching, killing in self defence, bearing of arms, avoiding paying taxes, to name but a few)!These are VERY controversial issues I'm mentioning here - but everyone should be aware that said issues are NOT controversial in God's eyes at all! It's only our weak, all-forgiving, all-loving, tolerance-infused, sickly attitude towards God's laws and sin in general which gives us the ILLUSION of being righteous - when we're really NOT!Capital crimes such as murder, rape, molesting, incest, kidnapping, etc. (there's a whole list in the Bible) - meaning: Crimes which touch and damage another human's life - are worthy of death! CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IS MANDATORY!!Numbers 35:24-33; 30) Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die. 31) Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guiltya of death: but he shall be surely put to death. Taking NO SATISFACTION, means not even the substitution of life imprisonment !!The gradual weakening of God's laws has inevitably led to the demise of our justice system. Corrupt judges & lawyers, seeking to weaken the grip of God's laws, knowing full well AND planning ahead, so that when their corruption is found out - they could plead their satanic attitude (understanding & humane grace) and ask for grace where God never gave any. That way the criminals & evil-doers were NOT removed from society! Godless society as a whole suffered, filled up more and more with criminals who shouldn't be there, and the demise of God's laws turned into an AVALANCHE against His Word!The principle is simple: Because judgment doesn't fall quickly on the evil doer, he thinks God is like him (paraphrased).Most Christians have been brainwashed to think that 'forgiveness, tolerance - and above all (that sickly, sweet, weak heathen version of) LOVE is everything'NOT SO!Whilst Jesus counsels us (individuals) to strive for agreement with an adversary WHILE THE OPPORTUNITY IS AT HAND, once the case is delivered to the judge - he declares the guilty must pay to the last farthing. Matt 5:25There is a HUGE difference between personal/private & official/public response to adversaries.A judge who has been elevated to that position to PROTECT & SERVE a population which relies on his dispensation of justice - he is there 'instead of God', in God's stead. NOT to pronounce his own or human versions of the law, but God's law alone!No soul should EVER have to be afraid again of 'repeat offenders' (rapists, etc). It has NEVER been in God's plan to forgive those who trespass against life and commit capital crimes. Any lawyer or judge who even thinks he can be soft (or modern) on that subject - is heaping coals on his own head.Means, one would want to think hard before choosing a legal profession in a satanically led environment. As a christian - representing Christ - it will come at a cost, which unfortunately most are unwilling to pay. Hence our prisons are overflowing with evill men who shouldn't be alive anymore!Hence our governments have to use our taxes to feed & keep alive evil men who destroyed our society and families in the first place!Hence prospective evil doers are not frightened off anymore - seeing what punishment awaits them!and so on and so onThe curses we reap are endless and all-pervading. Our education systems have become breeding grounds of rebels against God. It is the weak Christians who have permitted that!christians who are no real Christians at all!Deut 30:15-16.... we have chosen (or allowed satanic men to make the choices for us)How can a conscientious Christian really believe that God expects, or looks favourably on giving taxes to any government which (unlawfully) supports abortion, prisons, etc .......?

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (jshiii @ Mar 5 2009, 09:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70294
My husband has his doctorate in Law. He is Christian and he has used it for good. Though he doesn't represent people, he uses his MBA more. We both have together been in the court's system for various cases. In my opinion, you must prove to yourself that the client is innocent and be willing to represent him or her. God uses us in many ways, and he has people who are needed in this court system we are under. It details being in prayer to the Lord for guidance in it. We all have to work for a living and a Lawyer is a job created in this government. It is like any job, you have to know what is right and wrong before God and follow the Laws he has written on your heart. Plus, all things are possible with God. If you questions regarding the Law we'd be glad to try and help you depending on the state your in and whether it is state or federal law. Vickie

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just consider:

What if someone were convicted in a court of law without any legal advice? down the road s/he could claim that the verdict was unsafe, because s/he didn't even have the opportunity to be represented. For sake of objectivity, lawyers for the defense as well as the prosecution are necessary.

Otherwise it just descends into he said, she said, or lynch law.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Regardless of someones crime, he/she still deserves a fair trial under the laws of the government. That's why we have lawyers. They don't have to condone an act in order to represent someone and to insure they get a fair trial.