Before the flood is actually "after"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any spirit that forbids rev14:14 or mat 24:38 is not of God.
Yes thank you for showing is you hide from those verses, while accusing the body of Christ as being from the devil.
I've already explained them to you TWICE.

Thus you are telling LIES.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if Christ is meant, nothing there supports Pretrib though, so I don't know why Pretribbers somehow think this verse helps their position one way or the other?
But Pretribbers do that very thing with many Bible verses though...

For example, how do you get a Pre-trib Rapture out of that verse they keep quoting about the "Looking for that blessed hope"?

Titus 2:13
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
KJV

That blessed hope is pointing to the return... of our Lord Jesus Christ. Yet it does NOT say there just WHEN that return will happen. So how do they get a Pre-trib Rapture out of that?

Simple, they ADD it. The false Pre-trib Rapture preachers simply pump up that verse while ADDING their false Pre-trib Rapture theory into it. And like Hitler said, if a lie is pushed often enough and long enough, the people will believe it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol
You omitted "BEFORE THE FLOOD"

...But I do definitely understand you can not go there.
Thanks for proving my point.
Btw it is MAT 24:38. ( totally omitted in your post...TOTALLY OMITTED)
Before judgement.
Your only postrib verse is "after" but is not the rapture.
Your only verse is actually not the rapture, and is your only verse.
You got a tough job my friend.

It says he comes before and after.
Vividly expressed for anyone with no fear to read mat 24:38
But again, I do understand your fear.
No, the Scripture DOES NOT SAY that Jesus symbolically comes BEFORE the flood. There's that ADDING to Scripture we are not supposed to do (Rev.22).

When the flood comes, that symbolically represents the day of Christ's return, in that analogy Jesus was using about Noah's day. There are plenty New Testament Scriptures that reveal that day of Christ's return will be a SURPRISE upon the wicked and deceived, but it is not to be a surprise for His faithful Church (1 Thess.5; Rev.3:3). There's even more... Scriptures of how the wicked and deceived will be shocked on that day as per the Old Testament, which are also about the "day of the Lord".

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until this happens first, this change from mortality to immortality, Pretrib implies that during the rapture event the church is raptured to heaven still in the state they were in before the rapture. IOW, Pretrib has the church entering heaven in a flesh and blood state rather than a changed state, meaning bodily immortality. Are Pretribbers going to argue that the last trump(1 Corinthians 15:52) is meaning prior to great trib rather than after great trib, then expect some of the rest of us to take that argument serious?
There is no change from mortality to immortality. That is not found in Scripture anywhere. That is not Paul's message in "this mortal must put on immortality". You as a born again child of God have already passed from death into life. That is mortal putting on immortality. That is death putting on life. That is literally a spiritual phenomenon, and has nothing to do with the physical body at all.

What did Jesus mean in this verse:

"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God."

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man."

According to these verses, the Cross changed everything and the spiritual aspect of death was removed. But why hide the physical aspect as well? Talk about an agenda. Why has the church kept the fabrication going, that there is no resurrection until the last hour of creation? That is the agenda of post tribulation thought. Because the church taught post millennial everything. Then some pointed out, no Scripture states there is a Second Coming pre-mill. But why stop there? What about pre-satan's 42 months? What about pre-trib? The resurrection of the OT redeemed was pre-Holy Spirit poured out on Pentecost. Why can no one see these other points where there is no longer death, but passing out of death into life? If you are post any of the above, you may even deny that Lazarus was resurrected from the grave, never to see or taste death again. Yet many of you all teach Lazarus physically died again, as if Jesus had no power of life at that point. Why condemn this guy to two physical deaths? Jesus just told you all that no one would taste death again, standing there before the Cross, and then you turn around and condemn Lazarus to another death.

When are you all going to realize that for the redeemed, there is no physical death, but the soul immediately enters a permanent incorruptible physical body? Paul is not ever saying that a body will rise out of the grave ever in any of his writings. That would directly contradict the words of Jesus, that states no one will taste death. And that is because the Cross changed the dynamics of death forevermore for those in Christ.

You want the right order of things? You have to give up this post resurrection ideology that permeates the church. The resurrection in Revelation 20:4 is not about the church nor anyone else except a well defined group. And this group did taste death. They had to chop off their heads just to be redeemed, not because they were were redeemed. They had to stand in judgment in order to pass from death into life. Only those who were beheaded to avoid the mark will taste death, and be resurrected, because the rest of the dead are those with the mark at that point. No one else is dead, because the redeemed have already passed from death into life, even before the 42 months, in which the mark was given.

So, do you change Revelation against the warning not to, and make Revelation fit the Gospel accounts. Or do you leave Revelation alone, and adjust what we know about the Gospel accounts of the Second Coming? Then you all need to figure out why the church thinks a future resurrection is inevitable, when the resurrection of the dead already took place at the Cross. No one has been "the dead" and redeemed since the Cross. You are either one or the other, not both. When Paul refers to the "dead in Christ", that is a rhetorical point about physical death, but not a literal point that they are without physical bodies. Or it has nothing to do with those physically dead at all. The closest thing would be we are in death, because Adam's flesh is death, not life. But no one took death with them to heaven. Death was left to return to dust.

No, God is not going to bring that dust back, since they already have a physical body from God that is already permanent and incorruptible. So rising first is the moment the soul leaves Adam's flesh, and enters God's body. 2 Corinthians 5:1 should clear that up for you all. The only souls that does not apply to are those who purposely chopped off their heads. They have to wait until after Satan is bound in the pit, before receiving the first resurrection. So when does the church leave, and the final harvest begins? Are people chopping off their heads at alters in churches throughout the world before the church is taken away?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Scripture DOES NOT SAY that Jesus symbolically comes BEFORE the flood. There's that ADDING to Scripture we are not supposed to do (Rev.22).

When the flood comes, that symbolically represents the day of Christ's return, in that analogy Jesus was using about Noah's day. There are plenty New Testament Scriptures that reveal that day of Christ's return will be a SURPRISE upon the wicked and deceived, but it is not to be a surprise for His faithful Church (1 Thess.5; Rev.3:3). There's even more... Scriptures of how the wicked and deceived will be shocked on that day as per the Old Testament, which are also about the "day of the Lord".
As I have shown, over and over, Jesus used lot, WITH NOAH BEFORE THE FLOOD.
Ahem....that is lot prejudgement.
That is Noah pre judgement.
That is Lot prejudgement
Look real ,real closely.
It says, as opposed to your theory,... BEFORE THE FLOOD.
By leaving things out, you think someone believes your doctrine gains traction??????
Jesus used both analogies side by side.

You really do not believe the bible, do you?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the passage in question is indeed meaning Jesus, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but if it is, it seems to me then, that the time frame would be that of 1 Thessalonians 4 pertaining to the rapture following after the dead in Christ have risen first. The rapture event recorded in 1 Thess 4 couldn't remotely be meaning prior to great tribulation.

Think about it for a moment, the following I submit below, though I assume you likely won't since you place your Pretrib agenda above all else, apparently.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Until this happens first, this change from mortality to immortality, Pretrib implies that during the rapture event the church is raptured to heaven still in the state they were in before the rapture. IOW, Pretrib has the church entering heaven in a flesh and blood state rather than a changed state, meaning bodily immortality. Are Pretribbers going to argue that the last trump(1 Corinthians 15:52) is meaning prior to great trib rather than after great trib, then expect some of the rest of us to take that argument serious?
A good starting place would be to not omit verses.
I know why you guys do it.
Just flat out stop doing it.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will try and deal with that in a future post then. For the time being, I submit the following.

In the KJV when putting the following passages side by side, what I have underlined in each are saying the exact same thing, word for word.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be

This should tell anyone that doesn't have an agenda, such as Pretrib or Preterism, that the coming meant in verse 27 is the same coming meant in verses 39-40.

so shall also the coming of the Son of man be(verse 27)---vs---so shall also the coming of the Son of man be(verse 39)

Verse 27 nor verse 39 can occur prior to verse 21, nor during it if the following is true during the time of verse 21(great tribulation).

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Obviously, verse 27(also meaning verses 39-40), once it is fulfilled, puts an end to what is recorded in verses 23-26 above. Verse 27 does not fit prior to verse 21 nor during it. Which obviously means, since verses 39-40 are involving the exact same coming verse 27 is involving, neither can verses 39-40 fit prior to verse 21 nor during it. Therefore, the reasoning you laid out in the OP and elsewhere in this thread, it it totally flawed, IOW, nonsensical.

I don't care if you want to believe in a fairy tale Pretrib rapture. That's not the issue. The issue is when you feel the need to have to drag Post trib through the mud in order to make it appear Post trib is not remotely plausible, only Pretrib is. If Pretrib is plausible that should mean verse 27 logically fits prior to the beginning of verse 21 since that's where you have verses 39-40 fitting. Keeping in mind that verse 27 and verses 39-40 are involving the same coming. IOW, you can't have the same coming meaning both before and after great tribulation. That's called a contradiction. lol
You just gave a made up reason that lead you to REFRAME mat 24.
You simply made up the notion that Jesus returning postrib is the same event as the pretrib return Jesus used in Lot and Noah.
You post reasons why Jesus does not know what he is conveying.
You can believe what ever fairy tale you desire.
You can not in honesty change mat 24:38, nor can you honestly change rev14:14.
You can grab any postrib teacher. Sort through all the fairy tales.
NONE...NOT A ONE...can unpack those 2 PRETRIB rapture verses.
Ahem....as you have demonstrated.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the passage in question is indeed meaning Jesus, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but if it is, it seems to me then, that the time frame would be that of 1 Thessalonians 4 pertaining to the rapture following after the dead in Christ have risen first. The rapture event recorded in 1 Thess 4 couldn't remotely be meaning prior to great tribulation.

Think about it for a moment, the following I submit below, though I assume you likely won't since you place your Pretrib agenda above all else, apparently.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

"last trump"
Does not void the pretrib rapture verses.
That is a really bad starting place.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Matthew 24:38 verse does not stand alone.

Nor does that Rev.14:14 verse about the day of Christ's future coming at 'harvest' time, which is the time when He gathers His wheat and separates the tares from it.

Matt 24:36-47
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

No man knows the exact day or hour of Christ's future return. Simple. Anything else made of that is against His Word.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Just as the days of Noah is how the times when Jesus comes will be. What were they doing on earth in Noah's day before the flood?

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Per Genesis 6, the fallen angels looked upon the daughters of Adam, and took wives of them, and begat the Nethilim, a hybrid race of giants on the earth. Many ancient cultures mention them, and those giants were the subject of ancient mythologies. By this, Jesus was saying those angels are coming back to earth at the end just prior to His return.

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Then God brought a world-wide flood to wipe out those Nethilim, and those who had tainted their bloodline. Only Noah and his family had stayed bloodline pure, which is the meaning of Noah being "perfect in his generations" (Gen.6:9).

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

In the Luke 17 version of that, Jesus' disciples asked Him about that 1st one TAKEN; they asked, "Where, Lord?". And He answered, wheresoever the carcase is, that's where the fowls will be gathered (rendered "carcase" above in Matt.24:28). What kind... of fowls eat on a dead "carcase"? And the FALSE Pre-trib Rapture school tries to say that's Jesus is Who TAKES them as dead carcases to be gathered where those fowls are?

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

In that time under the Romans, the night was divided up into four 3-hour 'watch' periods. That is what Jesus is referring to, the symbolic "thief" breaking in at night. Jesus says, if the goodman of the house had KNOWN in what "watch" the thief would come, he wouldn't allow his house to be broken into. Notice that still does not point to the 'day' or 'hour' of Jesus' return "as a thief".

Jesus gave us the 7 SIGNS of the end in His Olivet discourse, and in Revelation, so we would know what... to be WATCHING, leading up to His future return.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
KJV

When Jesus does return, His faithful Church is NOT... to be found having already been TAKEN! Instead, Christ's faithful are to remain a "chaste virgin" like Paul taught, waiting on Jesus Christ to come, which means being the one left working in the field for Him. And for those of His servants that He finds so doing when He comes, He will make them ruler over all His goods, i.e., they will then reign with Him on earth, as written in Rev.5:10.
Wow.
You just showed us how you could REFRAME every verse.
I actually burst out laughing at your butcher job.
You really think Jesus was confused when he showed Lot alongside Jesus in his 2 analogies as Noah and lot gathered as a phoney post judgement?????
Reread it.
Both are pre judgement.
Two examples of pretrib coming.
I know it is painful to you guys.
Such an investment , only to be smashed by the bible.
It is clear and vivid
He comes pretrib
Pre flood
Pre Sodom destroyed.
He comes postrib with his saints.
You are demonstrating , by absurd commentary, the 2 comings are beyond some cunning REFRAME job.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, that based on what the above records, no coming of Christ in any sense happens until verse 27 is fulfilled first. Obviously, verse 27 is not meaning prior to verse 21(great tribulation). It is meaning after.

Obviously as well, the coming meant in verse 27 is the same coming meant in verse 39 which also involves verse 40 at the time.

Pretribbers apparently think some of the rest of us lack reading comprehension like they do, and that we can't see that verse 39, which also involves verse 40, that this fits after verse 21(great tribulation) not prior to it instead.

In Matthew 24, where does Jesus ever make mention of a coming of His, in any sense, that takes place prior to verse 21? I don't see any mention of a coming, in any sense, that takes place before that of verse 21. If a coming of His, in any sense, happens prior to verse 21, verse 23 and verse 26 is nothing but a lie since Jesus said to not believe anyone who claims Christ has already come. But when He does come, it will be in the manner verse 27 records.

Pretribbers apparently want to rewrite some of Matthew 24 and have us believe the following is fulfilled chronologically like such.

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matthew 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Instead of verses 39-40 and verse 27 involving the same coming, Pretribbers have it involving 2 different comings, one prior to great trib, the other after.

Rather than chronologically like this instead.

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matthew 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

While post tribbers have verses 27, 39-40, meaning exactly as Jesus intended them to mean, one coming, not two comings happening at different times.
you just demonstrated by the verses you attempt to REFRAME that these are 2 separate events.
WHY do you think that Jesus added, vividly, the setting of The Pre-trib coming with lot and Noah. Why on Earth would he inject that setting?
was he just confused?
No
Jesus was not confused.
The setting was normal life, Commerce, buying and selling, peace time, marrying and giving in marriage.
In other words ,very normal life on this planet. Now on your after the tribulation coming which you incorrectly construe us the rapture, there is none of that, I repeat none of that is going on.
So by leaving out the setting , and just recklessly omitting it, you try and reframe those verses. Only the pre-trib rapture fits there's nothing you can do to cleverly disguise it as one coming, when we can see very clearly these are two separate events.
In fact there is not a single post-trib Rapture verse in the entire Bible. Your Matthew 24 verse that says after the tribulation ,it clearly says angels are gathering ,not Jesus, and they are Gathering From Heaven, not earth.
Inclusion of verses will get us truth.
Hiding them is very telling of a man made embarrassment.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any spirit that forbids rev14:14 or mat 24:38 is not of God.
Yes thank you for showing is you hide from those verses, while accusing the body of Christ as being from the devil.
Any spirit that ADDS to those Scriptures is NOT from God.

Rev.14:14 is about harvest time, which includes ALL peoples on earth, including Christ's saints. His "wrath" though is for the wicked ONLY, and that is what you cannot understand, because of those you listen to won't properly teach you about the 'harvest' idea in God's Word that Jesus said (Matthew 13).

Matthew 24:38 is simply Jesus showing how the end times just prior to His return is going to be like the days of Noah. I already explained all that too, and I COVERED THE WHOLE SCRIPTURE SECTION THERE instead of pulling out just ONE verse and ADDING a bunch of outside ideas to it like you did.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have shown, over and over, Jesus used lot, WITH NOAH BEFORE THE FLOOD.
Ahem....that is lot prejudgement.
That is Noah pre judgement.
That is Lot prejudgement
Look real ,real closely.
It says, as opposed to your theory,... BEFORE THE FLOOD.
By leaving things out, you think someone believes your doctrine gains traction??????
Jesus used both analogies side by side.

You really do not believe the bible, do you?

You're only bypassing on purpose what I showed you from the actual Bible Scripture, and it's obvious you do that just so you can keep your tradition of men you've fallen into. You really need to come out that deception.

Reactions: Davidpt

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.
You just showed us how you could REFRAME every verse.
I actually burst out laughing at your butcher job.
You really think Jesus was confused when he showed Lot alongside Jesus in his 2 analogies as Noah and lot gathered as a phoney post judgement?????
Reread it.
Both are pre judgement.
Two examples of pretrib coming.
I know it is painful to you guys.
Such an investment , only to be smashed by the bible.
It is clear and vivid
He comes pretrib
Pre flood
Pre Sodom destroyed.
He comes postrib with his saints.
You are demonstrating , by absurd commentary, the 2 comings are beyond some cunning REFRAME job.

What a JOKE.

None of those two verses teach a pre-trib rapture theory!

So now you try to claim I'm a liar, while I cannot even get you to LOOK at the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 Scripture where Jesus shows His future return is AFTER THE TRIBULATION! You know what your denial of that Scripture makes you?

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"last trump"
Does not void the pretrib rapture verses.
That is a really bad starting place.

The last trump, what is your opinion on when that is meaning? Because until the last trump sounds first, no one could possibly be ascending to heaven in an immortal bodily state. And that presents a problem if the proposed Pretrib rapture is not meaning the last trump but is meaning prior to it. Which then means, per Pretrib, the church is being translated to heaven still in the same state they are in before the rapture even occurs.

And what state are they in before the rapture occurs? They are in the same state you and I are in right now, a mortal state, a flesh and blood state. And we are to believe that the church enters heaven in that state? After all, it obviously can't be meaning an immortal bodily state, that if, even per Pretrib, the last trump is not meaning prior to great trib, it is meaning after great trib.

As if it makes sense that the church enters heaven in the same state they are in before the alleged Pretrib rapture occurs. Even Jesus when He acended back into heaven, He did that in an immortal bodily state, not a mortal bodily state instead. Before He died He was in a mortal bodily state. After He died then rose, He was no longer in a mortal bodily state. He was in an immortal bodily state. It was after He rose that He then eventually ascended back into heaven.

Which brings up another point, the dead in Christ that rise first. How can they remotely do that without it involving the last trump per 1 Corinthians 15-52? Except Pretrib has them rising prior to great trib rather than after. Now we are back to where we started. Are Pretribbers going to argue that 1 Corinthians 15-52 is not meaning after great trib but is meaning prior to great trib, then think some of the rest of us are going to take that argument serious?

If Pretrib does not dispute that 1 Corinthians 15:52 is meaning post trib, thus agrees, but disagrees that 1 Thessalonians 4:12-17 is also meaning post trib, it's no wonder some of the rest of us can't get on board with the idea that Pretrib is plausible, the fact, per this scenario, Pretrib has the dead in Christ rising without it even involving the last trump. IOW, it is ludicrous that the dead in Christ can rise without it involving 1 Corinthians 15:52. It is equally ludicrous that 1 Corinthians 15:52 is meaning before great trib rather than after.

BTW, there was a time involving decades that I too was a diehard Pretrib rapture believer myself. If I was able to eventually change my mind about that, anyone should be able to do so as well.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you just demonstrated by the verses you attempt to REFRAME that these are 2 separate events.
WHY do you think that Jesus added, vividly, the setting of The Pre-trib coming with lot and Noah. Why on Earth would he inject that setting?
was he just confused?
No
Jesus was not confused.
The setting was normal life, Commerce, buying and selling, peace time, marrying and giving in marriage.
In other words ,very normal life on this planet. Now on your after the tribulation coming which you incorrectly construe us the rapture, there is none of that, I repeat none of that is going on.
So by leaving out the setting , and just recklessly omitting it, you try and reframe those verses. Only the pre-trib rapture fits there's nothing you can do to cleverly disguise it as one coming, when we can see very clearly these are two separate events.
In fact there is not a single post-trib Rapture verse in the entire Bible. Your Matthew 24 verse that says after the tribulation ,it clearly says angels are gathering ,not Jesus, and they are Gathering From Heaven, not earth.
Inclusion of verses will get us truth.
Hiding them is very telling of a man made embarrassment.

Let's start over then. Maybe I'm just not fully understanding what you are applying to what?

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

What are you applying verse 39 to, and what are you applying verse 40 to? IOW, per those verses and your take on them, are we at the beginning of great trib, or at the end of great trib?

As to verse 38, they are doing those things in spite of the warning given by God to Noah, that the end of all flesh is at hand. Not to mention, they can't miss the fact Noah has been building this huge ark in preparation for this soon approaching judgment day. Yet, they continue to live life as normal, all the way up until Noah enters the ark and shuts the doors. That's when judgment day initially began. Obviously, once the rain started up and there was no end in sight, they were no longer doing this any more---eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage. Except Pretrib has them still eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, for at least another 3.5 years post the initial coming of the Son of man. Apparently, because they conflate the day of the Lord with that of great tribulation.

When Noah entered the ark and shut the doors, this would be akin to when the beginning of the coming of the Son of man occurs, thus when judgment day initially begins involving the final days of this age. IOW, the beginning of the day of the Lord, where the day of the Lord is not to be mistaken for the beginning of great tribulation. Matthew 24:29, for one, makes it crystal clear that the day of the Lord begins immediately after great tribulation.

Something else to note. While it is true that God protected Noah and those aboard the ark during the flood, He didn't do that by having to remove them from the earth altogether. Pretrib implies that God is simply not capable of protecting the church during His wrath unless He removes them from the planet entirely. Don't some of you ever learn anything from any examples in the OT? Such as what I just brought up. Plus, here's another example.

Exodus 10:14 21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

Notice what verse 23 says---but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. God did not have to remove anyone from the planet in order to make it pitch black in some places but not pitch black in other places.

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last trump, what is your opinion on when that is meaning? Because until the last trump sounds first, no one could possibly be ascending to heaven in an immortal bodily state. And that presents a problem if the proposed Pretrib rapture is not meaning the last trump but is meaning prior to it. Which then means, per Pretrib, the church is being translated to heaven still in the same state they are in before the rapture even occurs.

And what state are they in before the rapture occurs? They are in the same state you and I are in right now, a mortal state, a flesh and blood state. And we are to believe that the church enters heaven in that state? After all, it obviously can't be meaning an immortal bodily state, that if, even per Pretrib, the last trump is not meaning prior to great trib, it is meaning after great trib.

As if it makes sense that the church enters heaven in the same state they are in before the alleged Pretrib rapture occurs. Even Jesus when He acended back into heaven, He did that in an immortal bodily state, not a mortal bodily state instead. Before He died He was in a mortal bodily state. After He died then rose, He was no longer in a mortal bodily state. He was in an immortal bodily state. It was after He rose that He then eventually ascended back into heaven.

Which brings up another point, the dead in Christ that rise first. How can they remotely do that without it involving the last trump per 1 Corinthians 15-52? Except Pretrib has them rising prior to great trib rather than after. Now we are back to where we started. Are Pretribbers going to argue that 1 Corinthians 15-52 is not meaning after great trib but is meaning prior to great trib, then think some of the rest of us are going to take that argument serious?

If Pretrib does not dispute that 1 Corinthians 15:52 is meaning post trib, thus agrees, but disagrees that 1 Thessalonians 4:12-17 is also meaning post trib, it's no wonder some of the rest of us can't get on board with the idea that Pretrib is plausible, the fact, per this scenario, Pretrib has the dead in Christ rising without it even involving the last trump. IOW, it is ludicrous that the dead in Christ can rise without it involving 1 Corinthians 15:52. It is equally ludicrous that 1 Corinthians 15:52 is meaning before great trib rather than after.

BTW, there was a time involving decades that I too was a diehard Pretrib rapture believer myself. If I was able to eventually change my mind about that, anyone should be able to do so as well.
At one time I was a postribber.
Then I saw that I had to omit huge parts of the bible
So once I saw that error I had to change my mind.
The issue for a postrib rapture doctrine is that the 3 comings have to reformed into one.
That is the magic act that postribbers are challenged with.
Their answer to that dilemma is to quickly divert into another component.
...as in changing the issue into " last trump"
The last trump is blown every year at the feast of trumpets in Israel.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's start over then. Maybe I'm just not fully understanding what you are applying to what?

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

What are you applying verse 39 to, and what are you applying verse 40 to? IOW, per those verses and your take on them, are we at the beginning of great trib, or at the end of great trib?

As to verse 38, they are doing those things in spite of the warning given by God to Noah, that the end of all flesh is at hand. Not to mention, they can't miss the fact Noah has been building this huge ark in preparation for this soon approaching judgment day. Yet, they continue to live life as normal, all the way up until Noah enters the ark and shuts the doors. That's when judgment day initially began. Obviously, once the rain started up and there was no end in sight, they were no longer doing this any more---eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage. Except Pretrib has them still eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, for at least another 3.5 years post the initial coming of the Son of man. Apparently, because they conflate the day of the Lord with that of great tribulation.

When Noah entered the ark and shut the doors, this would be akin to when the beginning of the coming of the Son of man occurs, thus when judgment day initially begins involving the final days of this age. IOW, the beginning of the day of the Lord, where the day of the Lord is not to be mistaken for the beginning of great tribulation. Matthew 24:29, for one, makes it crystal clear that the day of the Lord begins immediately after great tribulation.

Something else to note. While it is true that God protected Noah and those aboard the ark during the flood, He didn't do that by having to remove them from the earth altogether. Pretrib implies that God is simply not capable of protecting the church during His wrath unless He removes them from the planet entirely. Don't some of you ever learn anything from any examples in the OT? Such as what I just brought up. Plus, here's another example.

Exodus 10:14 21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

Notice what verse 23 says---but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. God did not have to remove anyone from the planet in order to make it pitch black in some places but not pitch black in other places.
The white horseman kicks off the GT.
That starts the trib.
He immediately persecutes christians.
Those left behind are beheaded.
Thank you for Including vs 38.
Before the flood.
It is also used with lot as the same example.
With lot it is also a prejudgment example.
Both are the same setting.
Peacetime, commerce, normal life.
Not by any stretch can that coming (Rapture) be postrib..
The postrib coming in mat 24 and rev 19k has a totally different gathering...not the rapture.
It just will not jive at all.