Being born again - the Meta (Beyond) physical experience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep spamming. I won’t read it.

do you wanna answer my question so I can understand where you are coming from?

Listen brother or sister;
Listen close.

I believe the days of playing material religious church is over. It’s all about spiritual living now.

Having faith in the Gospel of Christ, the death, burial, and resurrection. Faith alone. If you don’t like it that is okay with me. God works on people’s hearts and minds as they seek him out by faith. He is a rewarder for those who do such things… it leads to a renewed life of having love towards God and love towards others.

Love to you,
in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

spam? It’s a free and public site
I’m just sharing???

brother no, there can be no unity in Christ without having the same faith!

the church has a eternal and cannot change!
Truth is immutable!
The church is founded by Christ Matt 16:18 and is ir-reformable!

Apostolic tradition (teaching) council of Trent with the authority of Christ!

if any man says you can be justified by “faith alone” let him be anathema!

there is only one church Jn 10:16 all other are heretical assemblies of the tradition of men!

Christ is king and we must obey!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thank you for sharing.

I have stated my view: as I do not believe “anyone can replicate what the first century apostles driven church had accomplished in keeping the bride of Christ pure and blameless until his return which happened in 70 Ad”,

so just understand my position.

As I understand yours now which it makes no difference to me if you go to church or not that choice is up to you. I don’t believe I have to go to church in order to be saved. As my view is way different than yours.

As long as we understand each other that is a good thing @theefaith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why being born again is beyond the material experience it is a brand new spiritual life given to the believer.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t have any problems with you. I just wondered what your denomination you may be from? Unless you do not desire to disclose it’s fine.

no denominations

Traditional Roman Catholic

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool brother/sister I love you either way it goes.

Just know though we differ in our views if you need anything you can always pm.

God bless you, gonna try to stay off here for a little while, you have a good rest of your day,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thank you for sharing.

I have stated my view: as I do not believe “anyone can replicate what the first century apostles driven church had accomplished in keeping the bride of Christ pure and blameless until his return which happened in 70 Ad”,

so just understand my position.

As I understand yours now which it makes no difference to me if you go to church or not that choice is up to you. I don’t believe I have to go to church in order to be saved. As my view is way different than yours.

As long as we understand each other that is a good thing @theefaith.

ok thanks

the church is eternal and cannot change
If there were apostles then there must be apostles now
Christ said the apostles remain until the end of the world
“Behold I am with you (the apostles) to the end Matt 28:19-20

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh if you would like to @theefaith the spoiler in the original post is indeed me, myself in the flesh going over John 3:1-15. Explains verses, and also bringing up definition of some words to consider.

Glory to God for all he has done for all people, praise be to the Son as well.

:)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I clicked it but my internet on my phone is slow could you write a paragraph of what you are presenting here? I’m not sure I under Exactly. What is Gnostics again? I forgot.
near as i can tell they are what we might call “know-it-alls” now, maybe dunning-kruger syndrome? Anyway, an excerpt from the link,

The name Nicodemus in the Bible

There's only one man named Nicodemus in the Bible but he plays quite a part. His name appears only in the gospel of John (a mere 5 times; SEE FULL CONCORDANCE) and his literary character develops beautifully from scholarly and skeptic to justificatory and finally sympathetic, empathic if not outrageously exuberant.

The gospel of John is one of the latest additions to the New Testament; it was written when the synoptic gospels had been circulating for decades and the letters of Paul even longer. Its perspective is clearly that from after the resurrection of Christ and its intended audience knew that the protagonist was going to end up alive and glorious. The audience's assumed foreknowledge of the facts is clearly demonstrated by John's introduction of the story of the raising of Lazarus, in which he refers to Mary as the one who had anointed Jesus (JOHN 11:2). He's not referring to something he's already told. John's own version of that account would follow in chapter 12.

John is not trying to add more facts but organize the existing facts in a new way, quite possibly also to address the follies of Gnosticism, which slowly began to distinguish itself as an independent philosophy around the time of John's writing. The early Gnostics began to believe that salvation was the result of a certain true knowledge and that this true knowledge could be achieved by a life of study and ascetic self-denial. Christianity differs from Gnosticism in its belief that salvation comes from Christ, whose love surpasses all knowledge (EPHESIANS 3:19). Knowledge is of course highly appreciated in the Bible, but ultimately it's not knowledge but he who makes us able to stand blamelessly in the presence of God, and he gives great joy (JUDE 1:24, Jude is also a relatively late book). Or said popularly: if true knowledge was the key, the devil would be in.

John's gospel is deliberately joyful; it even ends with a quip (JOHN 21:25; also see JOHN 20:30-31). John is probably too early to be an actual formal response to Gnosticism, but it deliberately shows the inadequacy of the intellectual effort and does that in the form of satire and downright banter. Commentators rarely touch the comic character of the debate between Nicodemus and Jesus, but while Nicodemus is obviously displayed as a stern academic and a very learned man, Jesus treats him like a banana…”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool brother/sister I love you either way it goes.

Just know though we differ in our views if you need anything you can always pm.

God bless you, gonna try to stay off here for a little while, you have a good rest of your day,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

thanks

Interpretation provides meaning!

Meaning provides understanding!

Understanding produces unity!

Examples:

Text: a Fat sandwich man.

What does it mean: a fat man making sandwiches?

Or does it mean: a man making fat sandwiches?

No Hurry:

Does it mean we don’t have time so hurry up?

Or does it mean we got lots of time?

Seven spirits of God:

Does it mean there are seven holy spirits?
Or the seven gifts of the spirit?

Seven churches:

Does it mean there are seven churches?

Or the one church at seven different locations?

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Does it mean “faith alone”? “Accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior”?

Or does it mean the Christian sacrament of baptism?

Only the church who wrote the scripture in the first place has authority from Christ to interpret scripture! And teach all nations!
Matt 28:19

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good questions for those seeking to seek out for, the Bible is such a tremendous help. Subsequently also is the Holy Spirit helpful to have in praying and asking God to help you understand as well. :)

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for posting Happytrail,

You cant observe something unless you able to have faith it exist. Not true. That is the basic element of exploration. We don't know, we have no faith. We will see what we see. Such as the kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem. People are born again now today, and as the travel along by faith, the can grow rooted in the truth about God and Jesus.

That is what modern Christianity teaches. But, I completely disagree. Every word means something. A bunch of pagans took over Christianity in the first 4 centuries and have perverted the message ever since. The Kingdom of Heaven will be established on the earth. The only way anyone will see it is A) be raised from the dead and transformed, B) be raptured and transformed C) be resurrected in the 'second resurrection' and transformed.
There is no "born again" in this life. That's just Christianese slogans with no legitimate Scriptural support.

When they die and leave they are given their reward by God having served willingly by their choice to do so.

Not a word in Scripture suggests that is true.

I do believe that the kingdom has been established and those who live by faith will be able to enter because of chooseing to serve God having faith on Jesus, death, burial, and resurrection.

That is something someone told you. You liked it, so you repeat it. It is not in the Bible. It is not suggested in the Bible.

Today there are born again believers who are created into a new creation, new inner man inner woman, is born inside of the person who has faith. The are given the Holy Spirit. The spirit of Christ. They whom choose walk by the spirit they are sons or daughters of God. To have love for God, and to have love towards all mankind. Until the day of death which one returns to God believer or not. Two destinations inside the kingdom or outside due to faithlessness (God still gives them a spiritual body).

I don't believe that a bunch of people who completely ignore everything YHVH and Jesus said about the Law, and sanctification, and righteousness and obedience are led by the Spirit AT ALL. The Bible says they are deceived and headed for destruction. No one is led by the Spirit to pollute the Sabbath. No one is led by the Spirit to honor the days of pagan gods and attach Jesus to them. The whole idea is insanity on steroids.

Modern Christianity is paganism with Jesus attached. It is Babylon. It is the world. The world erects trees to honor their gods. Christianity does the same. YHVH said don't do that, and even said he will destroy those that do it when he returns as reigning Messiah. Isaiah 66, the whole chapter.

Back to "grace." Grace is for the obedient. It is what teaches a person how to be godly. Titus 2, the whole chapter.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey happytrails thank you for sharing your heart on the subject. Everyone has their own choices to make. You may disagree if you want too. However I will just stick with what has been learned about the Bible as a whole.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you suggest modern Christianity is paganism?

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you suggest modern Christianity is paganism?
Every ritual and observance was previously done by pagans.

NONE of them were done by Jesus. Yet, modern Christianity insists that pagan rituals are appropriate for someone who claims to follow Jesus.
In fact, Jesus' Father strictly forbade them.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey happytrails thank you for sharing your heart on the subject. Everyone has their own choices to make. You may disagree if you want too. However I will just stick with what has been learned about the Bible as a whole.

What is specific about the Bible is that Christianity gets none of its doctrine or religious observances from it.

What if the doctrines created 1,700 years ago by Romans were wrong?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every ritual and observance was previously done by pagans.

NONE of them were done by Jesus. Yet, modern Christianity insists that pagan rituals are appropriate for someone who claims to follow Jesus.
In fact, Jesus' Father strictly forbade them.

An example please?

And just cos the pagans did or has something don’t make it evil

example

they had priests and offered sacrament

The church has priests and offers sacrifice

they had fathers

we have fathers

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An example please?

And just cos the pagans did or has something don’t make it evil

example

they had priests and offered sacrament

The church has priests and offers sacrifice

they had fathers

we have fathers
Jeremiah 10:1-5 The tree of Tammuz was a celebration of his sexual prowess. An evergreen was decorated with silver and gold testicles. The wreath is the feminine counterpart. At the core of this wickedness is the fact that Tammuz had sexual relations with his mother. That is part of the celebration.

Yes. It DOES make it evil. Deuteronomy 12:28-32

The goddess Semiramis, known later as Ishtar, landed in the Euphrates and turned a bird into an egg laying rabbit as proof of her deity.

Sunday is the day honoring Sol Invictus. Constantine declared this the day of rest in the Roman Empire. "You can worship any god you want, even Jesus. But, you have to obey OUR god's religious observances."

Roman paganism, inherited from Babylon, is the model for Christianity. That is what Jesus tells us to escape. Revelation 18:1-10