Being 'Born Again'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
However, not everyone who is born from above finishes the race. Some will be disqualified.

Listen.
The blood and death of Jesus, is the only "qualifier" that God Accepts, to accept you.
Once Qualified by the Cross of Christ, then Eternally Qualified by God, will you remain.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Most people do not believe in once saved.....sin all you want and go to heaven.

What you are describing is the diaper stage, the thumb sucking stage of Christianity, where people are confessing sin, and trying to keep themselves saved.
Spiritual Maturity is PAST THAT .........to get PAST THAT type of "self saving", thinking, as that is the wrong mind.......not renewed.

Paul tells us to get PAST ALL that.... here...

Hebrews 6:1-4.

We are to get out of the crib, off the TIT, and get out MIND renewed by revelation that is to learn who you have become, as "made righteous", "The righteousness of God, in Christ".

Look at this verse.

"As Christ IS, so are the born again.......in this World".

Now, does that sound like you can lose your salvation?
Does that sound like you should be repenting and confessing sin, for 10-50 yrs?

So, the issue most Believers have, is not SINING, its, wrong faith......its not understanding what it means to be born again, and now exist in the KOG< in CHRIST...as "one with God".

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are describing is the diaper stage, the thumb sucking stage of Christianity, where people are confessing sin, and trying to keep themselves saved.
Spiritual Maturity is PAST THAT .........to get PAST THAT type of "self saving", thinking, as that is the wrong mind.......not renewed.

Paul tells us to get PAST ALL that.... here...

Hebrews 6:1-4.

We are to get out of the crib, off the TIT, and get out MIND renewed by revelation that is to learn who you have become, as "made righteous", "The righteousness of God, in Christ".

Look at this verse.

"As Christ IS, so are the born again.......in this World".

Now, does that sound like you can lose your salvation?
Does that sound like you should be repenting and confessing sin, for 10-50 yrs?

So, the issue most Believers have, is not SINING, its, wrong faith......its not understanding what it means to be born again, and now exist in the KOG< in CHRIST...as "one with God".

Not going to respond to such a silly post

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Silly, yes! You know I have meet druggies and they can look you in the eye and say the most absurd things....
It all makes sense between their ears and the fertile mind of a druggy.
Yep, God the Father so loved the world that He gave up His Son to start a religion of sin.....with heaven as a reward for evil and sinning. Because God the Father always supported evil and sin.....

That only works in a drug mind....or retarded or insane.....it does not work for anything that is real.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe heaven will be full of evil! I think it is hilarious!
This is an inaccurate pejorative. You malign the the one whom you address. Personally, I wonder whether you believe this is actually true. Do you really think that @Carl Emerson believes heaven will be full of evil?

Or are you just saying things that are not right?

Much love!

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's an opinion not supported by the Bible. Have you heard of the lake of fire by chance? The wicked are destroyed. But the saved live on. In a great house there are both vessels of honour AND vessels of dishonour.
When the sons of the kingdom are cast away or spit out of Jesus' mouth...where do you think they go?

ALL who call on the Lord will be saved. The question is...where will they go?

Jude 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

You aggressively damn the faithful...

May the revelation of His Love and Saving Grace abound in your life.

Reactions: GTW27 and marks

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen.
The blood and death of Jesus, is the only "qualifier" that God Accepts, to accept you.
Once Qualified by the Cross of Christ, then Eternally Qualified by God, will you remain.

There's this

Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Then there's also the one about the separation of the sheep and the goat. These passages do not talk about the unbelievers. The bible says, in John 3:18, that the unbelievers/unbelieving are already condemned.

There's going to be people who are/were partakers in the communion with Christ but unfortunately do/will not make it.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There's this

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Then there's also the one about the separation of the sheep and the goat. These passages do not talk about the unbelievers. The bible says, in John 3:18, that the unbelievers/unbelieving are already condemned.

There's going to be people who are/were partakers in the communion with Christ but unfortunately do/will not make it.

Have you got any good news ???

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There's this

For the record your thesis makes no distinction between Eternal life and the Kingdom of God.

This is the distinction between one's status as a Child of God and ones condition as we can for a time become a prodigal.

One can be born again and miss out on the blessings of the Kingdom through disobedience, but ones eternal status is in tact.

Our resulting eternal reward will suffer but our soul will be saved.

There is only one sin that is unforgivable all other sins do not threaten our salvation if we are repentant.

What saves us from the journey to hell you are threatening with and what seals our salvation is the Spirit of the Fear of the Lord within. Jer 31:40 confirms this.

It is not the fear of hell that keeps us saved but the fear of Him.

This is the good news - a permanent relationship with God that endures to the end and then into eternity.

We are not called to be in fear of hell once we have become part of His family. God is not on a cloud ready to smash us at one false move if we are a true believer.

Life with Jesus is a celebration of life not a constant fear of death.

This is the good news.

The fear of hell is not the beginning of wisdom.

Being in Jesus is a Love relationship not a game of Russian roulette in which we could get the bullet of hell at any tine.

His blood has covered our every sin - His choosing occurs before we have done any right or wrong it has nothing to do with our performance...

Faith and His good works is the formula not fear and 'our goodness'.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are comfortable with God contradicting Himself... ???
I wouldn't be if He did that, no.

No guarantee agreement (covenant) is without responsibility on the part of the guaranteed. I just had a car engine replaced under warranty. If I had chosen not to have my car towed to the dealership, the engine would not have been replaced. When I did choose to do so, however, guess who paid for the towing? A guarantee is not a sentence—it is a provision for service on the part of the guarantor. Nevertheless, I have the assurance that my guarantor will cover me if I comply with the terms of the guarantee.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to explain, I think that a good understanding of what happens at rebirth may help to solve the OSAS issue.

I think this is so very true!

To me, the question of whether one can lose salvation, become dead in sin again from being alive in Christ, well, maybe I see it something like this.

To some, salvation is like a Rock Collector, Who, finding those stones He chooses to preserve, to collect, He gathers them unto Himself. But if one of them should later displease Him, or later turn out to be cracked, flawed, whatever the reason, that stone may find itself back on the beach.

To me, salvation is like being one of those stones, only, the Collector, our Creator, gathers us to Himself, but transforms us into gold as He does, then begins to cleanse and purify that gold. And we question, "Can't we become that old rock again?" No. We did not change ourselves into gold, and we cannot change ourselves back to rock.

Much love!

Reactions: GTW27

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't be if He did that, no.

No guarantee agreement (covenant) is without responsibility on the part of the guaranteed. I just had a car engine replaced under warranty. If I had chosen not to have my car towed to the dealership, the engine would not have been replaced. When I did choose to do so, however, guess who paid for the towing? A guarantee is not a sentence—it is a provision for service on the part of the guarantor. Nevertheless, I have the assurance that my guarantor will cover me if I comply with the terms of the guarantee.

I dont think the Nature of New Covenant reduces to being conditional on our performance.

2 Timothy 2:13
If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Reactions: Pearl

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think the Nature of New Covenant reduces to being conditional on our performance.

If ever a verse was taken out of context,...

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: (2 Timothy 2:12)

What does abiding have to do with performance?

I don't think the New Covenant model has angels dragging hardened backsliders into Heaven kicking and screaming, either.

What is the "OSAS issue?"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 5:25-32 KJV
25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The Greatest Love Story of all time!

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yep, God the Father so loved the world that He gave up His Son to start a religion of sin..

You just said that God started a religion of sin....
So, Grailhunter, look in the mirror, as it sounds like, you are the "druggie", that you were describing.

Listen, God didnt start a "religion"......and He certainly didnt start "sin".

You sound kinda crazy, or demonic.
Maybe the drugs?