Being Faithful to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Being born again is but a sample of the fulness of grace available IN Christ. You must be born again to SEE and enter into Zion...the kingdom of Heaven.

And you can only see it by being "In Christ"...>"One with God", because you are a born again part of it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My base understanding comes from where you are as a fundamentalist Baptist,
Maybe you've confused me with someone else. Maybe that's why you keep saying things that aren't correct about me.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We offer ourselves to God and He accepts the sacrifice or not...like Abel. The fire comes down when the surrender goes up...IF God permits.

You cant be talking about Salvation or becoming a Son of God, as God would never accept the sacrifice of a sinner , when GOD has only offered the Sacrifice of the Sinless Christ, so that the sinner can be accepted.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a good example of your fear showing again... This sort of exagerated example is far from what I am speaking of.... You can do better than this fear mongering.
The thing is . . . people can fall into error. We are to heed the Word. Fear . . . Fear God! Fear being wrong, and leading others wrongly.

Let not many be masters - teachers - there's a reason.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than dismiss these objections as though some immature rant of envy, rather, consider what the Bible says, and consider that the Scriptures are given to us by God to teach us, train us, make us wise, impart faith, many good things! Yes, the Bible is not God, but it shows which is the right path towards Him. Jesus is the Way, and in the Bible we learn of Him. So as we come to know Him, we have some guidelines so we can avoid error.

As I have said to you before what I am showing you is the meat of the word, it is hard to digest for the man that is still relying on his own intellect to discern rather than Spiritual discernment. When God sent to show these things he gave me two "Missions" summed up in two phrases.
1. Can the teacher be taught?
2 It is not about me being right, but us getting it right.

The first is for those who are in the leadership roles and are they so set in their ways that they cannot receive the revelation of God. Which we are discussing here. There is much more coming from all over the world here in these end times.
The second is about attitude, and learning through fellowship with other believers who are diverse from you, as we each know in part. AKA Unity of the Spirit and the Body of Christ.

If You cannot stomach this meat then you cannot stomach the meat and are not ready for it.... sorry to be so blunt.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is where testing the Spirits comes into play.... again read 1 Corinthians 12:3, and 1 John 4:1-6.

All the followers of Jesus were able to receive revelation that was beyond scripture and the Jewish religions understanding of scripture... do not be like those scribes and Pharisees as this second advent approaches. I Am not talking about Joseph Smith type revelation that is clearly contrary to the Word of God and from one disguised as an angel of light.... I am talking of those who are being shown the length depth and breadth of the love of God to the saints around the world. Ephesians 3:18

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Can the teacher be taught?
2 It is not about me being right, but us getting it right.
These are first things.

Don't we ever progress?

Ephesians 4:10-16 KJV
10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" This is our beginning point in building each other up in love. Do you suppose that is what is happening while we remain disagreed over what is the true faith and the true knowledge of Christ?

Focusing on the person of someone who disagrees with you, proclaiming all your opinions and ideas of what is wrong with that person, this has nothing at all to do with coming to unity in faith and knowledge of Christ, or building others up in love. Nothing! It's all fleshy.

are they so set in their ways that they cannot receive the revelation of God.

Do you realize that this is how many people come across to others with whom they disagree? Making this your objection is vanity. Focusing on your negative opinions as though they are truth is vanity.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is . . . people can fall into error. We are to heed the Word. Fear . . . Fear God! Fear being wrong, and leading others wrongly.

This is your fear.... We do not have the spirit of fear 2 Timothy 1:7

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the followers of Jesus were able to receive revelation that was beyond scripture
I knew a man who believed he was writing the new Scriptures that would carry the church into the millennium through this new revelation. He also believed that Jesus was returning in glory in 2021. He even had that message lettered on his corvette, then drove all over the nation sharing that message.

God gave His Apostles His Word and they wrote it down, which we do well to heed.

Much love!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is our beginning point in building each other up in love. Do you suppose that is what is happening while we remain disagreed over what is the true faith and the true knowledge of Christ?

Focusing on the person of someone who disagrees with you, proclaiming all your opinions and ideas of what is wrong with that person, this has nothing at all to do with coming to unity in faith and knowledge of Christ, or building others up in love. Nothing! It's all fleshy.

9000 denominations plus in the world tell me otherwise.... It is they who are still in the flesh and bouncing to and fro between the opinions and teachings of men and not relying on the teaching of the Spirit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again we're back to all this you you you stuff, and it is vanity.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew a man who believed he was writing the new Scriptures that would carry the church into the millennium through by this new revelation. He also believed that Jesus was returning in glory in 2021. He even had that message lettered on his corvette, then drove all over the nation sharing that message.

Did He proclaim "Jesus is the LORD" Or deny His Humanity? Did you even test the Spirit in him to see if this was the case? You see, Joseph Smith denied the divinity of Christ, and his humanity, Jonothon Taze Russell also did, Herbert Armstrong did as well... when you test the Spirits as instructed you save yourself a lot of trouble and time. After that you must rely on Spiritual discernment not mental discernment with the few that are left.

I am not looking to start a new religion or to gain a following or anything like that, just to share what he has shown me... All glory is his, and i point to the cross and Christ Jesus and His blood first and foremost. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rebirth is a new thing in Christ.
Rebirth equals the opportunity to make a better choice than our first carnal parents made.
Adam and Eve being uncorrupted had fellowship with God, walking with Him in the garden. Scripture does not teach that they were indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Scripture teaches rebirth in Christ comes through His death and resurrection.
The Holy Spirit is the quickening [bringing to Life] Spirit, the Spirit that brings Life. Without the Spirit we are dead. When we quench the Spirit, we are effectively dead.

Adam and Eve were Alive until they disobeyed God. After that they and all of their descendants were dead.

That is why Jesus was sent, to make Life again a possibility!

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." Rom 8:11

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" I Peter 3:18

Sins before the Law were overlooked, as sin is not imputed without Law. God holds us responsible for what He has told us.

Sin before the law was meaningless. Can a dead person worsen his position in the eyes of God. He is already dead.

The law given by God to Moses was a stopgap measure to give a person... if he really had the heart for it... a temporary covering until Jesus paid the price for something better and permanent. We must take hold of what Jesus brought and hold onto it until the end of our allotted time. ["endureth to the end"]
Let us use what He gave us in the Way that He instructs us to use it. If we need help in doing that, we have but to ask...

"Ask and ye shall receive..."

We know we are in Him, and we know He is in us, by His Spirit given unto us.
When and if we sin at any time after we have received the Holy Spirit, we are quenching the Spirit and leading ourselves toward unending death instead of toward unending Life. When we quench the Spirit, we are Not in the Spirit. When we sin, we are not in the Spirit, we are not abiding in Him. We are then abiding in death!

Are the temptations gone?
Our lives and Adam's life are very different things, starting in different ways, He fell from life to death. Did God's Spirit in Adam fail him? That's the problem with thinking that we and Adam are/were the same.

We aren't. Weren't.

Adam was Alive without sin until he died. He died when he disobeyed God. If instead of disobeying God Adam had eaten of the Tree of Life, he would never have died.

When we truly are born again, we have a clean slate, but we, like Adam [before disobedience], are still subject to temptations. The temptations must be finally overcome... and the power of God through the Holy Spirit in us makes that a possibility.

Jesus overcame the temptations and so must we. Only overcomers may partake of the Tree of Life. The only way a person can overcome is by following the lead of the Holy Spirit.

We are restored from corruption by sharing the death and resurrection of Christ, he entered into corruption by disobedience. That very same corruption that is overcome by the power of a new life in Christ. The new life in Christ wherein God promises to overcome by our faith the power of the flesh, and the world, and all evil.
Jesus paid the price to clean us up, so the corruption is gone, but being still corruptible, we must by the power of the Holy Spirit overcome the temptation to corrupt ourselves again [sin!].

When we quench the Holy Spirit and lead ourselves, we sin and are once again corrupted. Help is always there for us until we run out of time.

You question whether we may make the wrong choice as did Adam, whether we might fall from this life into death, didn't Adam fall from life into death? But our life is in Christ, who has promised, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.

So I continue to ask . . . do you believe this is true? That Jesus will NEVER leave you, NEVER forsake you?
He does not leave us. Rather we leave Him when we quench the Spirit and follow our own heads instead of the Head of the Body of Christ.

Are we still in the world of our temptations?

Have we finally completely overcome all of those temptations so that we are no longer tempted?

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." I John 2:15-17

The world of temptations will indeed pass away from each of us when we physically die, but if we are not doing the will of God at that time nothing of us would remain.

Reactions: Azim

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus paid the price to clean us up, so the corruption is gone, but being still corruptible, we must by the power of the Holy Spirit overcome the temptation to corrupt ourselves again [sin!].

In that it is our flesh - the body - that is corrupted, and we continue to live in our flesh bodies, no, not all temptations are gone. But all temptations can be subdued in the power of the Holy Spirit. But that is because the corruption is not in fact yet gone.

Our citizenship is in heaven now, but it is later that Jesus will change the "body of our humilitation" to be like His glorious body. We will exchange our bodies of humiliation for bodies glorious as His, but this shows how these bodies are the body of our humiliation.

"therefore it is no more I, but sin that lives in me. Nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh" "therefore, with the flesh I serve the law of sin, but with the mind, the law of God". "Put to death therefore your members that are upon the earth." Why? For you have died, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Simply stated, if we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Can we be alive in the Spirit, but not walking in the Spirit? Those who are alive in the Spirit are admonished to so walk.

Adam was Alive without sin until he died. He died when he disobeyed God. If instead of disobeying God Adam had eaten of the Tree of Life, he would never have died.

Yet for us, Jesus is our resurrection and our life, the Tree to which that tree pointed.

Out of one man's transgression Jesus has brought something so amazingly greater!

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that it is our flesh - the body - that is corrupted, and we continue to live in our flesh bodies, no, not all temptations are gone. But all temptations can be subdued in the power of the Holy Spirit. But that is because the corruption is not in fact yet gone.

Our citizenship is in heaven now, but it is later that Jesus will change the "body of our humilitation" to be like His glorious body. We will exchange our bodies of humiliation for bodies glorious as His, but this shows how these bodies are the body of our humiliation.

"therefore it is no more I, but sin that lives in me. Nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh" "therefore, with the flesh I serve the law of sin, but with the mind, the law of God". "Put to death therefore your members that are upon the earth." Why? For you have died, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Simply stated, if we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Can we be alive in the Spirit, but not walking in the Spirit? Those who are alive in the Spirit are admonished to so walk.

Yet for us, Jesus is our resurrection and our life, the Tree to which that tree pointed.

Out of one man's transgression Jesus has brought something so amazingly greater!

Much love!
Carry on my friend walking toward the Light. We certain disagree in points, but I am not God.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carry on my friend walking toward the Light. We certain disagree in points, but I am not God.
Something we do not disagree on, I think, is our desire to overcome all things in Christ, and at the end, that each shall have praise from God.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As I have said to you before what I am showing you is the meat of the word, .

Explain these, as these are all the same,.. fact.

Explain why...

"God who saves you, keeps you saved, no matter how you behave, later "

"Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved, no matter how you behave later".

"The blood of Jesus, that is your eternal pardon, always keeps you forgiven, no matter how you behave later".

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is teaching licentiousness. The Gift of Grace is not to be buried in the ground Like the servant who was given one talent did... It is shallow faith at best.

He’s gone in one of the ditches with this. What is the opposite ditch?

Reactions: David H.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is teaching licentiousness. The Gift of Grace is not to be buried in the ground Like the servant who was given one talent did... It is shallow faith at best.

I can always find the self saving deceivers who believe that Christ does not, and can not keep you save.
Thank you David, for stepping up into the light so that we can see your Legalism.