Being Faithful to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can be faithful to God without walking on the level of the Spirit in Zion.

We can pray and meditate on His words while remaining humble and thankful in all things. We can be quick to forgive and ready to help others. We can learn to be patient and have self-control when we learn how weak we can be.

We can learn righteousness given time and practice. We can learn from our past mistakes,

Another aspect of faithfulness is the ability to esteem others as higher than ourselves. This falls under the category of meekness and humility. We can allow for others to be more advanced in spiritual things than ourselves...because we trust in God not ourselves. If and when it is time for us to do as others have done, then God will allow us to enter into a closer walk with Him...when we are ready. Until then we are to be faithful in little.

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." Luke 16:10

Most of us will never experience the higher walk that is IN Christ. However, if we are faithful in what the Lord has given to us, then we will inherit everlasting life.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos
Aye... Are we not to choose what God would choose for us rather than what we would choose for ourselves? Can any of us elevate ourselves? Should we even try?

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos
Aye... Are we not to choose what God would choose for us rather than what we would choose for ourselves? Can any of us elevate ourselves? Should we even try?

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

This is a great response my friend. :) I hope that others here on the forum will see how important a humble stance is before God if not before our fellow brethren in Christ.

ArkansasJames

Jun 10, 2022
Wright Co. Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can pray and meditate on His words while remaining humble and thankful in all things. We can be quick to forgive and ready to help others. We can learn to be patient and have self-control when we learn how weak we can be.

We can learn righteousness given time and practice. We can learn from our past mistakes,

Another aspect of faithfulness is the ability to esteem others as higher than ourselves. This falls under the category of meekness and humility. We can allow for others to be more advanced in spiritual things than ourselves...because we trust in God not ourselves. If and when it is time for us to do as others have done, then God will allow us to enter into a closer walk with Him...when we are ready. Until then we are to be faithful in little.

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." Luke 16:10

Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ. However, if we are faithful in what the Lord has given to us, then we will inherit everlasting life.

Would really love any advice on how to be quick to forgive, I know as a Christian one if not my biggest fault is to hold a grudge, sometimes even against myself for my many shortcoming toward such a Holy and merciful God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would really love any advice on how to be quick to forgive, I know as a Christian one if not my biggest fault is to hold a grudge, sometimes even against myself for my many shortcoming toward such a Holy and merciful God.

To be temporally minded means you put great importance on everything that happens to you in a given moment. Being eternally minded means you are able to put things in their proper perspective. We need to look at things within the bigger picture. This world is a simulation of reality. It's seems so real that we can put everything we have and are into it. But Jesus said to put our treasure in heaven where there are no offenses possible--- and where things last. What we do here indeed reflects where we allow ourselves to be. God is watching what we do in every situation. To be eternally minded is peace.

“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” Rom. 8:6

Nothing here continues into eternity. Rejoice in the Lord always.:)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is Zion a religious spirit?

Zion is a place in the spiritual realm. The Kingdom of Heaven. We can be in two places at once...this may sound far fetched but it has to do with the duality of the spiritual walk in Christ.

When we walk in the Spirit there are 2 realms being superimposed on each other. We see the world THROUGH Christ. In His light we see light (Ps. 36:9). So we walk in supernatural power (grace) made possible by the resurrection life of Jesus.

Even though what I'm saying is very straightforward I realize that this sounds foreign to many believers...due to the lack of sound doctrine nowadays.

What's both interesting and sad at the same time is that people are taught to reduce God's standard to what people are already doing AND thereby neglecting the spiritual walk on one level AND neglecting the more basic salvation that is based on meekness and humility. Claiming to be more than we are...claiming to be further advanced than we are ...is a recipe for disaster. So then unless we are truly walking as Jesus walked by grace we should humble ourselves and avoid condemnation of those who promote the flesh as being Spirit and Spirit as being flesh. We are but unprofitable servants. That's the proper attitude at whatever level we are walking at.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That’s been me too. I worked really hard for way too many years to try to change that about myself. I would think I was doing pretty good sometimes and then would come someone being extremely rude, spiteful, mean, controlling, passive aggressive, and I would once again boil over into murderous rage and resentment in my heart at how they were treating me. I would get past that and determine to try harder and then the same thing would eventually happen again. I wanted to stop murdering in my heart and mind, but I couldn’t. Then one day I came across this again and spang! a lightbulb went on - 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
I suddenly saw that I couldn’t do what I’d been trying so hard to do. I had trusted God but then at some point I began trusting in my own effort. I don’t know how much of that was just ignorance, or pride, or feeling I owed it to God to try hard to be good, or if some of it was being raised by a perfectionist. I was one big ball of mess.
So I stopped trying. I told God I was going to return to trusting only Him and wait for Him to birth the child He had promised, if I would just trust. I no longer got mad at myself for failing as I saw this was the same boat every fallen human is in and a leopard CANT change his spots. I was no better than anyone else and never would be unless God did something about it.

Reactions: Azim

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ. However, if we are faithful in what the Lord has given to us, then we will inherit everlasting life.
This is a great thread. One of the ways to the Holy Spirit is thru works meet for repentance. When we do good works we receive the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-25).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is a great thread.

Ive a question for you.

Episkopos just told the forum that : """Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ.""

So, you believe that being told that you'll probably exist like that, instead of being told the Truth that God will help you become exactly the opposite....... is a "good Thread"?

So How is this point of view....""Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ."""" A "good Thread", Devin553344 ???

> Enlighten us.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The other day I resisted temptation and God blessed me with fruits of the holy spirit encouraging me to obey the commandments. It was great.

Reactions: Episkopos

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive a question for you.

Episkopos just told the forum that : """Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ.""

So, you believe that being told that you'll probably exist like that, instead of being told the Truth that God will help you become exactly the opposite....... is a "good Thread"?

So How is this point of view....""Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ."""" A "good Thread", Devin553344 ???

> Enlighten us.
Born again children obey the commandments. Few do that and can lose their salvation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Born again children obey the commandments. Few do that and can lose their salvation.

People that worry about Commandments, never talk about the Cross and all heretics teach that you can lose your salvation.
Why do you think that is, Devin?

And you didnt answer my previous's post's question, and i dont blame you, as its too revealing.

Here is your "good Thread's" main point..... Its a beauty.....no doubt.

""""" Most of us will never experienced the higher walk that is IN Christ."""""

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People that worry about Commandments, never talk about the Cross and all heretics teach that you can lose your salvation.

And you didnt answer my previous's post's question, and i dont blame you, as its too revealing.

Hebrews 6:6 teaches us to repent if we're not obeying the commandment otherwise we crucify Christ a new:

Hebrew 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It's clear that any other teaching is heresy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hebrews 6:6 teaches us to repent if we're not obeying the commandment otherwise we crucify Christ a new:

I have a Thread that details that heretics are often first deceived in the book of Hebrews.
Perhaps you read it, as you are in it.

Hebrews 6, actually teaches that if you reject Messiah, never being born again....that you "crucify Him again", you "trod underfoot the blood of Jesus", as this is the "willful sinning" found in Hebrews 10:26, and in the last 10 verses of Acts 28.

All of this, is to reject Christ, and this is the "unpardonable sin" being committed by those HEBREWS (Jews) who we read about as they are rejecting their Messiah.
Paul is preaching the Gospel to them, and they are spitting on the Cross in all those verses.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a Thread that details that heretics are often first deceived in the book of Hebrews.
Perhaps you read it, as you are in it.

Hebrews 6, actually teaches that if you reject Messiah, never being born again....that you "crucify Him again", you "trod underfoot the blood of Jesus", as this is the "willful sinning" found in Hebrews 10:26, and in the last 10 verses of Acts 28.

All of this, is to reject Christ, and this is the "unpardonable sin" being committed by those HEBREWS (Jews) who we read about as they are rejecting their Messiah.
Paul is preaching the Gospel to them, and they are spitting on the Cross in all those verses.
That doesn't sound correct to me. Hebrews 6:6 speaks of falling away, not rejecting the Messiah. And it speaks of rejected dead works:

Hebrews 6:1-6
1Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this we will do if God permits.
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That doesn't sound correct to me. Hebrews 6:6 speaks of falling away, not rejecting the Messiah. And it speaks of rejected dead works:

Falling away, in Heb 6, is not "losing your salvation".
Nor is...>"dead faith", in James.....suggesting "dead salvation".

So, to fall away from the word, is because you never had it, to begin with... " the seed of the word = fell upon stoney ground and had no, found no root".
They Heard it, and played Christian for a month, but there was no faith mixed with the hearing of the word.
They are not actually saved.

They are falling away from hearing, that never really was believed, but it was sort of ....pretended...but had no actual root of Salvation, in them.

Notice that your Heb 6 verse is talking about restoring them to "repentance"........and that is not what you would do with someone who is a backslider.
They dont need to "re-believe"..
So, the people in Heb 6, have tasted the heavenly gift, have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit.
What does that mean in the book of HEBREWS?
It means that "jews require a sign"......and "signs are for the Jews"... and notice that its Paul the Apostle, who is talking to JEWS.
Paul has the "signs of an Apostle"..2 Corinthians 12:12..and these are "heavenly signs"...and these Jews have TASTED this that Paul has manifested for them...they have seen it with their eyes, and know its true.. and still they do not accept Jesus as their Messiah, "WILLFULLY">.. and that is the unpardonable sin, and you can't repent of that heart, if that is your "falling away" heart, as it was theirs., Devin.
See them again in Acts 28, the Last 10 verses.
Paul again, dealing with these same, HEBREWS = Christ rejectors.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Falling away, in Heb 6, is not "losing your salvation".
Nor is...>"dead faith", in James.....suggesting "dead salvation".

So, to fall away from the word, is because you never had it, to begin with... " the seed of the word = fell upon stoney ground and had no, found no root".
They Heard it, and played Christian for a month, but there was no faith mixed with the hearing of the word.
They are not actually saved.

They are falling away from hearing, that never really was believed, but it was sort of ....pretended...but had no actual root of Salvation, in them.

Notice that your Heb 6 verse is talking about restoring them to "repentance"........and that is not what you would do with someone who is a backslider.
They dont need to "re-believe"..
So, the people in Heb 6, have tasted the heavenly gift, have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit.
What does that mean in the book of HEBREWS?
It means that "jews require a sign"......and "signs are for the Jews"... and notice that its Paul the Apostle, who is talking to JEWS.
Paul has the "signs of an Apostle"..2 Corinthians 12:12..and these are "heavenly signs"...and these Jews have TASTED this that Paul has manifested for them...they have seen it with their eyes, and know its true.. and still they do not accept Jesus as their Messiah, "WILLFULLY">.. and that is the unpardonable sin, and you can't repent of that heart, if that is your "falling away" heart, as it was theirs., Devin.
See them again in Acts 28, the Last 10 verses.
Paul again, dealing with these same, HEBREWS = Christ rejectors.
The bible is clear about people that don't help the less fortunate, and it also is clear on sinners. They don't go to heaven. God is merciful, but you can't expect to go to heaven if your caught up in unrepentant sin. That said: I think God has mercy on whom he will have mercy on regardless.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matt 7:13-14