Being Faithful to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was my sister who testified before her passing that she never really understood how much God loves her until she was dying of cancer. God has a way of revealing Himself to us that no one can duplicate!

Yes, the more Bible we can have flowing into our minds, the more our minds will be reshaped to look like the Bible. Having the mind of Christ!

Much love!
Very true my friend . GOD knows exactly how to draw us only closer to HIM . Even in our sufferings . Yes indeed my friend .
Job suffered massive. Oh but the Lord IS with the lambs . And now your sister is in a far and i do mean FAR BETTER PLACE
at rest in the glorious LORD . Present with the KING . Far better than here . its us who are left behind
and are awaiting the COMING of the KING . It simply dont matter what a lamb has to go through in this life
HOPE IN JESUS abounds through all things . And if we simply understood that the END of a lamb is far better
than ANYTHING it has ever known . Even now we have JOY in the LORD . BUT JUST IMAGINE the DAY WE ARE ALL HOME forever .
The lambs have all hope . FOR JESUS IS OUR HOPE . And HOPE IN HIM can abound no matter what comes against it .
Lambs KNOW of the new heavens and the new earth and we look forward to that day . THERE IS ONLY HOPE IN THE LORD .
Now let all that draws breath praise and thank the LORD . They can take from us all earthern goods
And even cast us in prison AND STILL THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS and STILL WE WILL SING TO THE LORD .
Our END IS GOOD . AND THAT IS THE TRUTH and IT GIVES ME GREAT HOPE JUST KNOWING THAT . Now let all PRAISE THE KING .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true my friend . GOD knows exactly how to draw us only closer to HIM . Even in our sufferings . Yes indeed my friend .
Job suffered massive. Oh but the Lord IS with the lambs . And now your sister is in a far and i do mean FAR BETTER PLACE
at rest in the glorious LORD . Present with the KING . Far better than here . its us who are left behind
and are awaiting the COMING of the KING . It simply dont matter what a lamb has to go through in this life
HOPE IN JESUS abounds through all things . And if we simply understood that the END of a lamb is far better
than ANYTHING it has ever known . Even now we have JOY in the LORD . BUT JUST IMAGINE the DAY WE ARE ALL HOME forever .
The lambs have all hope . FOR JESUS IS OUR HOPE . And HOPE IN HIM can abound no matter what comes against it .
Lambs KNOW of the new heavens and the new earth and we look forward to that day . THERE IS ONLY HOPE IN THE LORD .
Now let all that draws breath praise and thank the LORD . They can take from us all earthern goods
And even cast us in prison AND STILL THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS and STILL WE WILL SING TO THE LORD .
Our END IS GOOD . AND THAT IS THE TRUTH and IT GIVES ME GREAT HOPE JUST KNOWING THAT . Now let all PRAISE THE KING .
Amen!!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I appreciate your confirmation. I feel that we waste a lot of time when we fail to understand what another person is saying. I know sometimes people can have a difficult time seeing past a disagreement, and especially if they start to feel threatened by it.

What do you say concerning this passage in Colossians, that we are in fact hid with Christ in God, in the heavenly realm, to be revealed when He is revealed?

Having died with Him, being raised with Him?

Where does being born again fit?

God creates in 2 steps. The Genesis account reveals to us that first God created the heavens and the Earth...there was chaos (tohou bohou) THEN He said let there be light. It is only in verse 14 of 1 Genesis that God created lights in the temporal universe. In our own walks we can understand this as either going from the light of the heavenly realm into the lives of the individuals or else going the other way of going from the temporal light into the light of heaven. It works either way.

So then we are born again into the family of God...as equal members with God's people the Jews...we according to the Spirit and they according to the flesh. However, we are just as vulnerable to error as they were as we lack the individual light until we receive the anointing power of Christ to walk personally as Jesus walked. That is what the baptism in the Spirit is about. God first works His nature into our hearts THEN we are anointed to walk in His power. One is inside and the other is an outer covering (once our outer man is taken out of the way). So we are born again ..initial salvation...into a wilderness walk..saved from Egypt. We can be led by the Spirit but to enter into Zion is to cross over into the Promised Land. There is a saved FROM...and a saved TO.

The issue is one of scale.

Being led by the Spirit brings peace and joy. At this level we are already sons of God. But there is still a risk that we will fail the purpose of His grace. So we need to fear and grow in humility with our newfound knowledge of God...otherwise we will be puffed up in the outer man and fall into the condemnation of the devil. That's why we need for a few to go further and enter into Zion. This is for the whole church to relate to. Whoever receives a prophet in the name of a prophet gets a prophet's reward.

I understand born again referring to when we are baptized into Christ's death and burial, and recreated in our spiritual resurrection, even as we await our physical resurrection.

How do we have anything at all except in Christ?

Maybe my question to you is this,

Romans 6:4-12 KJV
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

When in a man's life does this happen?

I would answer, this describes our recreation, being born again. That going forward, we reckon that these things are in fact true, and live accordingly, the faith by which we have access into the grace in which we stand.

Much love!
Being born again is only a taste of the full measure of grace. i see it as a sample...or what the Bible calls aravon...a downpayment until the conditions are met.

Our old man is indeed crucified as we enter into He Body. We are no longer the same. But the New Creation must be put on. WE are renewed by His grace and we also need to be empowered by His grace. It is grace anti grace...or grace upon grace (actually a grace that faces the other way).

We are born anew on a corporate scale...being members of the Body. We remain carnal, however, not spiritual because we need to be crucified in the outer man. Not very many become spiritual in Christ but a proper submission sees us as being covered by the saints. This is where it pays to be a believer in Christ...that is...IF...we let go of our pride and start esteeming others for what God has done in them. Otherwise the Body fragments into divisive entities...as we have seen.

It can get confusing...Old Man/outer man. The Old Man is who we once were and no longer are...but the outer man we keep with us as long as we are in this world...and for as long as we remain uncrucified in our own life force.

Again it's about scale.

A taste of something is not the same as its full power.

We are to go from righteousness to holiness. From being declared righteous by faith and practice, to entering into the very presence of God to walk there without the slightest imperfection. There is the Bride of Christ and there are many guests. And there are the rejected ones who never learned their place in humility and the fear of the Lord. Their sin is one of iniquity.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand.

Do you believe Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us?

Much love!

If you choose to live in Sin, He will remove His presence from you.... AKA quenching the Spirit.

I Can only speak for myself, but being Born again at a young age there were times i was living in sin, and the Spirit was not with me.... But he was still there. In other words, He never left me, but he was not leading me either, and I by my own will and strength lived my life as i saw appropriate... the end result was failure. I Did not mature Spiritually and part of that complacency was built into the doctrines I was taught.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you choose to live in Sin, He will remove His presence from you.... AKA quenching the Spirit.

I Can only speak for myself, but being Born again at a young age there were times i was living in sin, and the Spirit was not with me.... But he was still there. In other words, He never left me, but he was not leading me either, and I by my own will and strength lived my life as i saw appropriate... the end result was failure. I Did not mature Spiritually and part of that complacency was built into the doctrines I was taught.

Wow…I never thought about that. I came to God so much later in life, after I had lived a whole life of raucousness and pride and had seen there was nothing in it.

But I’ve seen younger people in my family and seen two pulls going on with them and that the pull of the world is still so strong for them. They haven’t tired of it or seen yet that it’s smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another nonsense label that deflects.

You say Bible alone is the only way to know God.... that is textualism. God reveals himself to us by His Spirit, that is the full council of God, and this is confirmed in the word of God. (1 Corinthians 2:10-11)

When fundamentalism pushes itself to the extreme and becomes mere textualism and rationalism, lost is the relationship we have with Christ through His Spirit in us. I say this as one who has lived this being a fundamentalist myself. Christianity is ALL about the relationship, first and foremost... throughout church history we have seen this drifting into textualism over relationship occur as doctrines become institutionalized by the church, and repeated in creeds rather than being vibrant experiences we live in our relationship with Christ.... Case and point being OSAS versus coming to the full assurance of the faith.

Alot of doctrines are like this.... for example the deity of Christ can be taught and accepted mentally, but in relationship with Him, he is able to show the truth of who He is. A Person who He has shown his deity to will never waver from that truth. (1 Corinthians 12:3)

Reactions: Azim

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow…I never thought about that. I came to God so much later in life, after I had lived a whole life of raucousness and pride and had seen there was nothing in it.

That is true, those who come to Christ later in life have already reached that state of brokenness and knowing that their own will and strength leads to failure, so their Transformation is accelerated in this regard. Hence they have a more dramatic conversion. Those brought up in the church have a much harder time reaching this outcome, and in fact being brought up in the church tends to put that person on a pedestal of Pride That God will have to knock them off of. My doctrines that I believed were all "right", But I did not "Know" them to be true relationally, until he revealed Himself to me after he knocked me off my pedestal of pride. I Immediately "Knew" and felt his Love for me as the worm that I am and knew and felt his suffering for me on the cross in a personal way but it was not until years later that I experienced the power of his resurrection in my life (Philippians 3:10)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say Bible alone is the only way to know God....
I do not say that. Either you have misunderstood me, or you are misrepresenting me. If it's the former, perhaps reread some of my posts, or ask a question.

If the latter, there really isn't any fruitfulness in continuing.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Can only speak for myself, but being Born again at a young age there were times i was living in sin, and the Spirit was not with me.... But he was still there. In other words, He never left me, but he was not leading me either
He's with you, He's not with you, which are you saying?

That you believed the Word that He was with you, but had no experience of Him in your life? That you had no indication that Chrsit was there, only, since the Bible says He was, then He was? Is this the right idea?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been thinking again recently about how all of the Bible is like one of those pictures where you see the black ink on a white page but if you stare at the picture long enough you suddenly see it as if it’s a black page with white ink upon it and a completely different picture emerges.

our default position is to see the dark with the light as the background. The other way is to see the light with the dark as the background.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can get confusing...Old Man/outer man. The Old Man is who we once were and no longer are...but the outer man we keep with us as long as we are in this world...and for as long as we remain uncrucified in our own life force.
Actually, this makes sense to me. Yes, it's a difficult and confusing subject, and we have to think and speak in new ways to communicate about it.

The Adamic man is dead, but we're left with his hardware/software, as it were. Which is corrupted by sin. Fatally flawed. And made more corrupt by our own sin.

The ruling power that lived in our bodies before our death in Christ is gone. But we continue to have those bodies and brains that continue to operate according to the principles of sin. Now we have the mind of Christ, being joined to Christ. But we have to walk in that mind, contrary to the fleshy mind, in order to transcend the fleshy mind. And even as we do walk in the new mind of Christ, it reforms our outer man, bringing it into greater alignment with the new inner man, who is created patterned after God Himself.

Well, that's how I think of this!

Being born again is only a taste of the full measure of grace. i see it as a sample...or what the Bible calls aravon...a downpayment until the conditions are met.
The conditions. This may be the point on which we may differ.

The deposit. A security deposit upon which to base a claim. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit, that is, the Holy Spirit is our seal unto the day of redemption. God has put His seal upon us in His Spirit given to us to secure us until that day He redeems us. And this is why His Spirit given to us is how we are to know whether or not we are in Him, and He in us.

The full measure of grace, something wonderful to meditate upon, and I think I'll try to spend my morning doing just that! Thank you for the mention!

One of the Jesus Culture songs I like, Freedom, where she sang, Run into wide open spaces, grace is waiting for you, I misheard this as, "Run into wide open spaces, graces, waiting for you", and I imagined myself running from the dry and constricted canyon into the wide grassy meadow, dotted about here with giant wrapped packages, God's graces given in our lives, blessings and giftings and service.

There is much to be said about the fulness of grace!

:)

In our own walks we can understand this as either going from the light of the heavenly realm into the lives of the individuals

I don't really understand what you mean here in this part.

We are born anew on a corporate scale...being members of the Body.

On this part, I would rather say, I, myself, am born again. I am convinced that I am. The Bible tells me how I can know, and I have overwhelming evidence. That being born again is to have begun a new live as a being who did not exist before. Once I was a child of Adam, but that man is dead, and now I am a child of God. His spirit child living in the corrupted body of the Adamic man.

And what remains is that my mind be renewed away from functioning according to the old way, and to come to function according to the new way.

Losing all fleshy values, desires, choices, putting away all fleshy reasonings and presumptions, and seeing as God sees, hating what God hates, loving what God loves. The man we are reborn as is this way, because he is created patterned after God. But renewing the mind happens over time, and we live as according to the faith we have.

I think God sometimes gives a gift of faith - which is how I interpret my experience - that enables us to attain to more than we have of ourselves attained. That He does this sometimes to simply give us sooner rest, as we simply live sanctified. I think many who think they've entered this are mistaken, being prideful. Perhaps sometimes to accomplish some particular work. Perhaps sometimes (as I think concerning me) to give an advance view of something that I am to attain to.

I think God was showing me something complete and pure and absolutely taught in the Bible. And that He's shown me that believing the truthfulness of His Word that teaches these things, very plainly, is the faith that provides access to this abundant life.

A taste of something is not the same as its full power.
Again, so very true, and such wonderful promise of what is to come!!

:)

We are to go from righteousness to holiness. From being declared righteous by faith and practice, to entering into the very presence of God to walk there without the slightest imperfection. There is the Bride of Christ and there are many guests. And there are the rejected ones who never learned their place in humility and the fear of the Lord. Their sin is one of iniquity.

I'm going to consider this more before replying, I don't want to seem neglectful!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's with you, He's not with you, which are you saying?

I am speaking of his active presence in our lives here, where he does not speak or teach or discipline you etc.

I do not say that. Either you have misunderstood me, or you are misrepresenting me. If it's the former, perhaps reread some of my posts, or ask a question.

If the latter, there really isn't any fruitfulness in continuing.

@marks said on this post page 4...

"I'm all about the Bible as our means to know God. We know Him in our spirit, however, if what we think we know is not Biblical, well, we need to stick to Biblical. Afraid of God? No, I'm not afraid of God. And that includes His servants. And even so, I will continue to compare your words, and other's words to God's Word."

My Point there are things we can only know in relation to Him that are beyond the Word of God as written. No matter how much you try to show the scriptures on the love of God they pale in comparison to knowing his love personally, for example. There are "deep things" of God that only the Spirit of God can reveal to us (1 Corinthians 2:9-11) Continue and read to the end of that chapter as well. The Natural man cannot receive these things... that is the person that is relying on his own mind and intellect to know God... think about that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alot of doctrines are like this.... for example the deity of Christ can be taught and accepted mentally, but in relationship with Him, he is able to show the truth of who He is. A Person who He has shown his deity to will never waver from that truth. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
Interestingly, the passage you reference is not about Jesus' deity, but His lordship. And we can mean that in two different ways. We can acknowledge that Jesus is the Lord of All Things. We can speak the truth of His Lordship over us, over me.

But what you are describing is that you have a preference for believing what you experience within yourself over what is written in the Word. And again I encourage you to esteem the Word of God, the Bible, to be the means that God has given to keep us from error, and that His Word, rather than our opinions of our perceptions of our experiences, is the arbiter of truth. That the Bible takes precedence over our thoughts and feelings.

This is no denial of knowing God! This is affirming that God reveals Himself in His Word. We do well to heed that, whenever our thoughts or feelings are telling us something is true, that the Bible says is not true. God will NEVER contradict His Word. This does not mean that He does not reveal Himself to us personally, of course He does! And this does not mean that we do not find great consolation in the experience of knowing God, we do! This means that our experience of knowing God will NEVER contradict Scripture.

You speak of things being not clearly revealed. As though these questions were about things that lack clear answer. My objection is when the Bible specifically says something different.

The Bible tells us that way we can know we are in Him, and He in us, that it is by His Spirit that He has given unto us. That's an inner experience of knowing God. But it's the Bible that tells us this, and goes on to tell us a lot more so we can know whether it's the real thing.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I'm all about the Bible as our means to know God. We know Him in our spirit, however, if what we think we know is not Biblical, well, we need to stick to Biblical.
Did you miss the part where I said that we know Him in our spirit?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter how much you try to show the scriptures on the love of God they pale in comparison to knowing his love personally, for example.
Yes, and some declare that they should leave their wife and marry this other guy's wife instead, and that God loves them, and they feel His love in that choice, and you certainly see what I mean.

And the some thing can happen in smaller ways, more insidious. So again, God's love is declared and defined in the Bible, and as we are being conformed to Christ, we will also find ourselves in complete agreement with the Bible, and if we are not, it's not Christ we are being conformed to, as least in that way.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am speaking of his active presence in our lives here, where he does not speak or teach or discipline you etc.
That still sounds contradictory. He's active with you, but not doing anything? See, this is one of those things. He says He never leaves you, never forsakes you. He says He will compete His good work "until the day". He says there's not a single son He doesn't train as you do children. He says nothing can ever separate you from Him, His love.

But the man who feels condemned by the sins they see in themself will often hide from God. That's been one of man's responses to sin from the beginning.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are "deep things" of God that only the Spirit of God can reveal to us (1 Corinthians 2:9-11) Continue and read to the end of that chapter as well. The Natural man cannot receive these things... that is the person that is relying on his own mind and intellect to know God... think about that.
I'm not talking about the natural man, I'm talking about the regenerate.

And the same point continues to apply. If you think the Holy Spirit has revealed some "deep thing" to you, and that "deep thing" disagrees with what the Bible plainly teaches, then I challenge you to reconsider what you think you've learned. God will not contradict Himself. But we can contradict Him. So if there is any contradition, we should accept the fault, and not lay it on God.

I know you've argued that these things are not clearly made known in the Bible. The objections I bring are those passages that show a truth that is in conflict.

Rather than dismiss these objections as though some immature rant of envy, rather, consider what the Bible says, and consider that the Scriptures are given to us by God to teach us, train us, make us wise, impart faith, many good things! Yes, the Bible is not God, but it shows which is the right path towards Him. Jesus is the Way, and in the Bible we learn of Him. So as we come to know Him, we have some guidelines so we can avoid error.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly, the passage you reference is not about Jesus' deity, but His lordship. And we can mean that in two different ways. We can acknowledge that Jesus is the Lord of All Things. We can speak the truth of His Lordship over us, over me.

But what you are describing is that you have a preference for believing what you experience within yourself over what is written in the Word. And again I encourage you to esteem the Word of God, the Bible, to be the means that God has given to keep us from error, and that His Word, rather than our opinions of our perceptions of our experiences, is the arbiter of truth. That the Bible takes precedence over our thoughts and feelings.

What he is showing me does not contradict the word of God it rather deepens my understanding of it... for example asking, who are the saints in revelation, led to him showing me who the saints are in the church right now.... a concept much of the church does not distinguish between. My base understanding comes from where you are as a fundamentalist Baptist, But in the process of Holy Spirit teaching I have learned to receive truths that other brothers and sisters in Christ hold to. For example Calvin's election is true when applied to the saints not to the faithful etc.

You see, when you arrive at the truth all of a sudden all of church history begins to "make sense" and you see the hand and plan of God in all of it, how he knew man would err in his understanding and how he got us to move on from that error each time. There is a peace that comes from Him showing you this.

Yes, and some declare that they should leave their wife and marry this other guy's wife instead, and that God loves them, and they feel His love in that choice, and you certainly see what I mean.

And the some thing can happen in smaller ways, more insidious. So again, God's love is declared and defined in the Bible, and as we are being conformed to Christ, we will also find ourselves in complete agreement with the Bible, and if we are not, it's not Christ we are being conformed to, as least in that way.

This is a good example of your fear showing again... This sort of exagerated example is far from what I am speaking of.... You can do better than this fear mongering.