Being Teased by God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
At times, do you guys feel almost like God's teasing you? :\ I know it isn't true, but so very many times, it's like He puts something right in front of me, and then snatches it away again. Not only that, I feel like the more and more times it happens, the more I don't feel good enough for anything. :\ What do you guys do when/if you feel like this...?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At times, do you guys feel almost like God's teasing you? :\ I know it isn't true, but so very many times, it's like He puts something right in front of me, and then snatches it away again. Not only that, I feel like the more and more times it happens, the more I don't feel good enough for anything. :\ What do you guys do when/if you feel like this...?

Dear Sister:

In your patience possess ye your souls. - Luke 21:19

And please give this video a watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1hUq1ts70

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

There have been times in my life, when I felt not only teased by God, but betrayed by Him as well. It felt like God made me a special rug, it was soft and beautiful, and he made it just for me to stand on it. And then when I stand on it, feeling how loved I am by God, the rug get's pulled out from underneath me. It was like I could almost hear God laughing... That was at one of the lowest points in my life. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

But hear me. I bless that day of darkness and despair, above all the days of sunshine that he has given me. Why? Because I knew it was at that moment in time, that defining moment, that I needed to choose who I was to serve. Until this time, you see, I had been riding fences, wandering underneath God's wings, but teasing with the world. But God brought me to the end of myself, and I knew without a doubt that this was the time in my life, that I needed to make a choice. That I could choose to walk away, and forsake all that I have held dear, or I could serve God. Not because of what he has given me in my life, and I have had a very, very blessed life. Not because of what he was doing in my life at that time, but because simply he was God.

That was it.. Because he was God.. and I decided that the fact that he was God was enough for me.

The words spoken by Job never felt truer... Though he slay me, yet will I serve him.

Joshua David

Reactions: Angelina

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks for the replies, guys. ^^ I really appreciate it.

rockytopva: I wish I could watch the video. ;o; I really do. But my stupid internet with its bandwidth limitations all but forbid it. lol. However, the next time I'm where I can watch the video, I certainly will. Thanks so much. ^__^

Joshua David: Yep, that's exactly the way my life has felt, really. Every time things start getting reasonably good, what I want most in life feels like it ends up shot to pieces and I'll never be in reach of it. I've been slowly growing in God's grace, but there are still areas that I need to seriously work on. :\ I've wondered if it's not those specific areas that are keeping me from being blessed with a good boyfriend and maybe eventually a husband. :\ For a long time, I thought that it was probably the issues I had with lust that were keeping me from it. I got rid of the lust...things started getting good...then that rug you talked about was ripped right out from under me. I keep trying to do better, but nothing seems to work. Nothing seems to get any better. I'm not asking for easy but I am asking for hope. :\ I feel as though there's no hope in regards to finding that specific man, meant for me...know what I mean? I keep praying about it and praying about it, but I feel ignored. People are pitched into my path who seem perfect for me, then something comes up that shows me they absolutely aren't. :\

So...yeah. =_= It stinks. lol Not trying to feel sorry for myself or anything, just looking for advice is all. :) Thanks a ton, guys.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Laugh.

Try this:
Pull the youtube up and press pause - walk away - when you come back it will have uploaded or
downloaded whatever its called.
Press play.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I do not believe God is concerned with the circumstances of my life - He is concerned with my reaction to them. I think of the circumstances as kind of a script - a play filled with props. God gives me the strength to love and forgive in the face of joy and despair I am feeling in response to my daily life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God does not tease God does not use evil to produce good, God does not use evil, there is no evil in Him. His is not satan, does not think like satan.If God had evil thoughts He would not be perfect in Love and would not be God. Pity that is how we see Him.

In His LOve

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
Laugh.

Try this:
Pull the youtube up and press pause - walk away - when you come back it will have uploaded or
downloaded whatever its called.
Press play.

XD Yeah, it's not that. It's the fact that we only have a certain amount of gigs we can download during a week, and since there are four people on the internet most of the time here, the bandwidth goes away really, really quickly, and then our ISP throttles out speed back and gives us a warning. So we have to be really careful with how we use our internet. =_= It totally stinks.

I guess I do not believe God is concerned with the circumstances of my life - He is concerned with my reaction to them. I think of the circumstances as kind of a script - a play filled with props. God gives me the strength to love and forgive in the face of joy and despair I am feeling in response to my daily life.

Well said, aspen. :D I guess in a way, this life is a lot like a play. ^^ But it won't be like this forever!

God does not tease God does not use evil to produce good, God does not use evil, there is no evil in Him. His is not satan, does not think like satan.If God had evil thoughts He would not be perfect in Love and would not be God. Pity that is how we see Him.

In His LOve

Yeah, I know. ^^ It's not that I think He really -does- tease, it just feels like sometimes He doesn't...well, I guess I'd call it letting me "have my way". But it isn't even that. I don't just want to be in a relationship because it's cool or something. I want to find someone who is loving and loyal. :\ Someone who can take care of me and is supportive. Someone I can truly love and support in return. No matter how much I pray or try to change, I always end up feeling as though I'm not good enough for anyone. I always feel ugly and stupid. And I always feel like God must see me that way too, even though I know there couldn't be a single bit of truth to it.

I just don't know what God wants me to change before He'll show me who it is that I'm supposed to be with for the rest of my life.

I know there are lots of things in my life I could improve on, it would just be so much easier if God would show me that there CAN be something good for me in this life instead of things that are always constantly pulling me down and making me feel worthless.

I guess it comes down to this; I feel like God wants me to be perfect before I can have anything. I try hard to be what He wants me to be, but obviously, true perfection isn't possible, so...:\

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Joshua David: Yep, that's exactly the way my life has felt, really. Every time things start getting reasonably good, what I want most in life feels like it ends up shot to pieces and I'll never be in reach of it. I've been slowly growing in God's grace, but there are still areas that I need to seriously work on. :\ I've wondered if it's not those specific areas that are keeping me from being blessed with a good boyfriend and maybe eventually a husband. :\ For a long time, I thought that it was probably the issues I had with lust that were keeping me from it. I got rid of the lust...things started getting good...then that rug you talked about was ripped right out from under me. I keep trying to do better, but nothing seems to work. Nothing seems to get any better. I'm not asking for easy but I am asking for hope. :\ I feel as though there's no hope in regards to finding that specific man, meant for me...know what I mean? I keep praying about it and praying about it, but I feel ignored. People are pitched into my path who seem perfect for me, then something comes up that shows me they absolutely aren't. :\

I just wanted to share a little bit about what happened to me. The personal situation that I was in was almost an exact mirror of what you are going through. I spent years away from God. Not really abandoning him, just not living my life for him. I was so lonely in my life. I couldn't find anyone to share my life with. There were a few girls that I thought that I was going to spend the rest of my life with, but my relationships kept falling apart right before my eyes. After a failed marriage ( huge mistake ), and spending literally years between dating people, I was convinced that I would never find someone to really love me for me. And then I met this girl, Mia. She was the one who got me back into a relationship with the Lord. I decided to rededicate my life to God. And for the first time in a long time, I was really happy. We would sit around and talk about God, and the bible. She really cared for me. I thought that she was 'The One'. Then... the relationship started to have some problems, and to literally feel apart right before my eyes, and there was nothing that I could do about it. I was so tired of this. I was confused, hurt, and angry at Mia, at the world and at God.

God was there in my darkest hours, listening, caring, and loving me. He put a poem in my heart, and I took out a piece of paper and started to write. I didn't really know where this poem was coming from, but it spoke directly to me. It spoke of a conversation between God and me. I told God how I was hurting and how I didn't think I would ever be happy again. His response was the rest of the poem. He told me that He brings people into my life, and takes them out of my life. Some of them come in to bring Joy and light, and some of them bring me pain and darkness. But he told me that he was painting the picture of my life. He told me that I didn't understand why it was necessary for Mia to move out of my life. But that she had accomplished what she was meant to, ( bringing me back to him ). Now it was time for me to trust him.

And I did. Oh I was still hurting, and in fact, as weird as it is for a guy to admit this, I was crying like a baby. But I remembered Job. And with tears in my eyes, I said, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the Name of the Lord." I praised him through the tears. I would like to tell you that I met someone the very next day. But that wasn't the case. I eventually moved back to my hometown. And while I was here, I met a wonderful woman. I felt such an instant and immediate connection with this woman that I don't think I can really explain it to you. Our very first date, I took her to IHOP, for supper and coffee. And we talked and talked. It was like she was my best friend. We talked and talked and talked. In fact, that first date, lasted 8 hours. We didn't leave until 4 in the morning. I found out later that she had been praying for someone, and she told me exactly what she prayed for, and it matched me to a 'T'. You see, we both had been praying for someone specific. Someone who could accept us for who we were. After three months, I asked her to marry me. After another two months, I was married to this wonderful Lady that I have had the privilege to call my wife for almost 5 years now, and I love her more now, than I ever did.

Now I understand why God moved Mia out of my life. My relationship with Mia fell apart so suddenly because God knew that the longer the relationship went on, the more pain I would have gone through when it ended. It was a necessary pain, to prevent more pain later. But the dearest lesson that I learned, was that we serve God because he is God. We don't serve him because of what he can do for us, we serve him because of who he is. We may not always get what we want, when we want it, but we must trust him nonetheless. Because he knows the plans that he has for us, plans for our good, and plans to prosper us. But we need to trust him.

Hope this helps,

Joshua David

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
>>But the dearest lesson that I learned, was that we serve God because heis God. We don't serve him because of what he can do for us, we servehim because of who he is. We may not always get what we want, when wewant it, but we must trust him nonetheless. Because he knows the plansthat he has for us, plans for our good, and plans to prosper us. But weneed to trust him.

I agree completely; sometimes, it's just hard to trust him when we feel as though he doesn't even exist in our lives (The lies that Satan makes us believe. >.<). It does help. ^^ Thank you for posting this. I'm glad you finally found the perfect woman for you. ^__^

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

"...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
- Job 1:21

Things happen. Go figure.
- me

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
...well, yes, I know things happen, but just knowing that doesn't make it any easier. :\ I just wanted to know how everybody copes with it. I know the Lord gives and the Lord takes. Whatever He does is good and just. But it still hurts. All I ask for is loving responses; not sarcasm, please. :\