Believe, Then Receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COGTHW

Nov 5, 2016
NetChaplain said:
We'll just be in disagreement on this issue!
We don't have to be if we stick with the Scriptures,

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
NetChaplain said:
I believe God does not condemn anyone who is under a certain age, which is at His discretion!
Oh, so it's not part of His unchanging plan? How about Paul -- "I was alive once without the law. But the commandment entered, sin revived, and I died." (Ro 7:8-9) Does that speak of "God's discretion" or of an revealed actual plan that no one would die spiritually until he knowingly sinned against God??

The young are born with the sinful nature and it will manifest the older they get.
Correction: We are all born, unlike Adam, with an awareness of our flesh (Adam didn't know he was naked until he sinned) and NO awareness of God. That is .. we only know evil, NC! WE don't know good until we know God, right? So Adam was on a trajectory to know only good .. we are on a trajectory by birth to only know evil! Stop with the "God created is own spiritual offspring sinners from birth!" WE can only do what we know!

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
MOG411 said:
We don't have to be if we stick with the Scriptures,

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
If we did went according to scriptures, we all KNOW that baptism doesn't save. Baptism is not repentance (Acts 2:38 where is says "Repent AND [then] be baptized) .. nor is it "calling on the name of the Lord. (Ro 10:13). Water baptism enters those who are saved into the church. As I understand it, baptism unto salvation simply brings you back under the law where you can lose your salvation if you are not very careful/

skypair

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
skypair said:
Oh, so it's not part of His unchanging plan? How about Paul -- "I was alive once without the law. But the commandment entered, sin revived, and I died." (Ro 7:8-9) Does that speak of "God's discretion" or of an revealed actual plan that no one would die spiritually until he knowingly sinned against God??
The phrase "was alive" intends the sense that Paul only thought he had eternal life and was secure, it doesn't mean he was actually in possession of eternal life.

We can only know where we are when God reveals it to us, and He has always shown where we are wrong, otherwise there is no accountability incurred. The young cannot be made to understand the seriousness of our sin nature and thus are not accountable, for they have to realize it first for God to condemn them (Jhn 15:24; Rom 5:13).

COGTHW

Nov 5, 2016
skypair said:
If we did went according to scriptures, we all KNOW that baptism doesn't save. Baptism is not repentance (Acts 2:38 where is says "Repent AND [then] be baptized) .. nor is it "calling on the name of the Lord. (Ro 10:13). Water baptism enters those who are saved into the church. As I understand it, baptism unto salvation simply brings you back under the law where you can lose your salvation if you are not very careful/

skypair
Thank the Lord Jesus Christ, Scriptures say you are now saved by baptism, because it washes away sins.

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Scriptures say you can't put away the flesh you have to wash and kill the flesh, Jesus we thank you. As a matter of Scriptural fact Jesus say if you are not baptized in His holy name you will be damned.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

You gotta be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in order to be redeemed, than Jesus Christ for the truth. Amen.? I say Amen.

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
NetChaplain said:
The phrase "was alive" intends the sense that Paul only thought he had eternal life and was secure, it doesn't mean he was actually in possession of eternal life.
Scripture means that he has not died spiritually. That isn't the same as having eternal life.

We can only know where we are when God reveals it to us, and He has always shown where we are wrong, otherwise there is no accountability incurred. The young cannot be made to understand the seriousness of our sin nature and thus are not accountable, for they have to realize it first for God to condemn them (Jhn 15:24; Rom 5:13).
Yes, and uncondemned = alive spiritually. That is not total depravity or guilty of original sin. That is innocence.

skypair