Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying that there will always be non-Christian, unbelievers, on any Christian forum?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are saying that there will always be non-Christian, unbelievers, on any Christian forum?
Hmmm

Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Sometimes one needs to open there eyes.

Mat_13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Dont be so ignorant.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17 speaks of the nature of those who are truly in Christ (born again).

When Peter said that they believed and were sure that Jesus was the Christ, I don't think he was speaking for Judas: Jesus was correcting Peter in the next verse.

So yes, I suppose that there are many who give lip service to the concept of being a Christian, who really do not know the Lord; my point being that if anyone is truly born again, they are not going to live by the flesh but are going to bear the fruit of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-23 for what each thing looks like respectively).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you realkly should study eh law, remember Jesus when the Adultress was brought before Him, the law required her to be stoned to death, the law requires blood to cover the sins, yet that never attained to anything, the law and its sacrifices did nothing.

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

that flesh thing that please people but not God.

As for the cross, should i mention again, the Romans did not put people up on that cross to tickle there feet. People where put there to die, JEsus was put up there an innocent man.

Mat 27:23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

Yet Jesus an innocent man went to the cross to become our perfect sacrificial lamb, to shed His blood for all mankind, it was not His sins that put Him up theer @bbyrd009 "yours"

1Pe_2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Rev_1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

But than why do you care, you need to pay for the free Gift, His sacrifice is not enough for you as it isnt fo many.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But than why do you care, you need to pay for the free Gift, His sacrifice is not enough for you as it isnt fo many.
You talking to me?

I didn't pay one red cent for the free gift that was given to me.

However, the gift given was righteousness (Romans 5:17); which, as it turns out, is a practical thing (1 John 3:7).

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You talking to me?

I didn't pay one red cent for the free gift that was given to me.

However, the gift given was righteousness (Romans 5:17); which, as it turns out, is a practical thing (1 John 3:7).
You really should read to see who the post was addreesed to.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if any would come after Me let him pick up his cross daily and follow
Than they die, but you cant comprehend it can you, its all about you.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

You only die once.

Jesus said He would leave the 99 to find the one that was lost, seems sometimes the one that is lost, doesnt know it or is too proud to ask for help.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
post #445 (Believers stay righteous through their obedience) (the latter end of which I responded to in post #447 (Believers stay righteous through their obedience)) doesn't appear to be addressed to anyone that is specified in the post (#445)...which is the reason why I asked if it was to me.
YE i missed that it was to our unbelieving friend. You should ask Him why He is here, because I cant get an answer, a man on a christian forum who does not believe that Jesus died for His sins. And he is not teh only one...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he is not teh only one...
I don't know who else shares his opinion on that matter...

But then again I don't need to know.

When the sower sows his seed, he sows it among all types of ground; knowing that only one type of ground will bear the proper fruit.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know who else shares his opinion on that matter...

But then again I don't need to know.

When the sower sows his seed, he sows it among all types of ground; knowing that only one type of ground will bear the proper fruit.
Amen to that:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The point is that true believers are reckoned righteous - justified - in the sight of God (Romans 5.1) and eternally secure (Romans 8.38-39); the obedience of faith - obedience to the faith - is a characteristic of the truly justified.

Reactions: Helen and mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
if any would come after Me let him pick up his cross daily and follow
Than they die, but you cant comprehend it can you, its all about you.
it's all about me? You don't think maybe telling me that i don't have to pick up my cross and die daily and also telling me i'm being selfish somehow is a bit...thick? or i mean incongruous or whatever? Can you clarify this any, how i am being selfish there? ty

i mean you do realize on some level that i was just Quoting Jesus there right?
"Than they die" is your response to "if any would come after Me let him pick up his cross daily and follow," mjr?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The point is that true believers are reckoned righteous - justified - in the sight of God (Romans 5.1) and eternally secure (Romans 8.38-39); the obedience of faith - obedience to the faith - is a characteristic of the truly justified.
of course agreeing with this is no problem, i agree. A point is really that it's a way to change the subject, right, and discuss ideals instead of reals?

Certainly a few who are judged for their works will be found to have built on Rock, yes. I doubt anyone disagrees?
So the point in this current context might be more likely
"Is teaching you to leave your cross on the ground and ignore the Law 'Building on the Rock?'"

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it's all about me? You don't think maybe telling me that i don't have to pick up my cross and die daily and also telling me i'm being selfish somehow is a bit...thick? or i mean incongruous or whatever? Can you clarify this any, how i am being selfish there? ty

i mean you do realize on some level that i was just Quoting Jesus there right?
"Than they die" is your response to "if any would come after Me let him pick up his cross daily and follow," mjr?
You know what happened to Jesus after He took up His cross????

B

brakelite

There is you must admit a great divergence of opinion on what "obedience to the faith' actually means right?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You know what happened to Jesus after He took up His cross????
well mjr, and so that is your justification for refusing to pick up your cross and follow?
Iow you haven't read "he who seeks to save his life will lose it" yet or something?
no offense but as you will not reply to this post anyway i'm just going to move on ok,
and i wish you the best of luck with your Not Following Jesus Christianity