Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Son of Man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins still dies.

May I ask what is your scripture reference on this? maybe quote it verbatim also, so that we can see whether it says what you say it says.

ah, i've done that to death already... Ezekiel 18:20 though, although we have NT refs also, "go and sin no more," "be perfect as I am perfect," "no sinners will inherit," "little children, do not be deceived," et al

Ezekiel 18:20, does not say, specifically, what you said in the first quote above. The father cannot die for the son, and the son cannot die for the father; this is not to say that Jesus cannot die for the sins of the world.

For if it did mean that, then the scripture would be contradicting itself; which it does not.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
this is not to say that Jesus cannot die for the sins of the world.
actually it is, but you are allowed to interpret that however you like, ok
For if it did mean that, then the scripture would be contradicting itself
again, in your mind perhaps, yes
Jesus is the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world.
certainly true in a sense, sure. No Son of Man may die for another's sins, either. Both are true.
Maybe kind of hard to see at first bc this is intentionally hidden, but i guess obviously "taketh away" is not "covered," etc.
fwiw i would not disagree that fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, either

so what i would suggest here?
Is go find out what all those who sing "When We All Get to Heaven" believe, and then believe the opposite of...whatever that is, at least until further notice, til you find the Two Greeks, or Nehushtan, or can't find any blood, or figure out who you are going to save by picking up your cross, or, um, how you are going to do any greater works than the (High) Priest you just got done "worshipping"...

there are even a few other concepts in Scripture that will make this concept apparent, i'm trying to list all i can easily think of

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009,

I think that your last post tells me that your doctrine is contrary to the doctrine that I have learned in solid Christianity. So I am going to put you on my ignore list in obedience to Romans 16:17.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've always deduced that any sinless human would have satisfied Father God.
as long as you perceive God as your judge in need of appeasement this will continue to obtain, sure.
see, your premises are revealed when you say this, in a way that you...are not currently open to perceiving

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think that your last post tells me that your doctrine is contrary to the doctrine that I have learned in solid Christianity.
i certainly hope so; ty

"solid" Christianity lol, good one
feel free to drop by "America Collapsing" and post your thoughts along with the other Christians, k

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So I am going to put you on my ignore list in obedience to Romans 16:17.
ah, so what is going to change again, sorry?
i mean you're already ignoring me up the wazoo, right,
although we have NT refs also, "go and sin no more," "be perfect as I am perfect," "no sinners will inherit," "little children, do not be deceived," et al
Maybe kind of hard to see at first bc this is intentionally hidden, but i guess obviously "taketh away" is not "covered," etc.
fwiw i would not disagree that fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, either

so what i would suggest here?
Is go find out what all those who sing "When We All Get to Heaven" believe, and then believe the opposite of...whatever that is, at least until further notice, til you find the Two Greeks, or Nehushtan, or can't find any blood, or figure out who you are going to save by picking up your cross, or, um, how you are going to do any greater works than the (High) Priest you just got done "worshipping"...

there are even a few other concepts in Scripture that will make this concept apparent, i'm trying to list all i can easily think of
so bam keep ignoring, make it official if you like, ok with me
May I ask what is your scripture reference on this? maybe quote it verbatim also, so that we can see whether it says what you say it says.
hopefully my response here becomes a little more understandable in this context also?

Last edited:

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
as long as you perceive God as your judge in need of appeasement this will continue to obtain, sure.
see, your premises are revealed when you say this, in a way that you...are not currently open to perceiving
You're hilarious! ... Thanks.
Aaaaah, can I get up off the floor now?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance, to me, would mean that thereafter there would be a willingness to do anything that the Lord desired of them.
I think we have different ideas about what repentance is. When a person repents, he turns around or is turned around so that he is no longer doing certain things which were sin or which led to sin. There may indeed be a willingness to do whatever the Lord desires, but that is not repentance. That may be a recognition that repentance is needed.

Repentance is rather that action or inaction taken by following the lead of and allowing the power of the Holy Spirit in us to stop sinful actions or inactions by us and/or in us that lead to sin. Did we miss anything at the first repentance? Is additional repentance required to complete the work in us?

The Holy Spirit is there to lead us into truth, but where is the truth? One place is within the written scriptures. Without the Holy Spirit, how could we recognize or understand what is written? We could have a carnal understanding but not the understanding of God.

Truth may also may be found in the writing of men on forums such as these on in the mouths of preachers/teachers in many of the pulpits in church buildings. As we see here on this forum, however, there are many things taught here. Is all of it truth? I think not.

When we are being led by the Holy Spirit, a proper sifting of things in scripture or from pulpits or on forums can occur within us if we allow it. This would be the work of the Holy Spirit in us. But because of the lack of need [need as God defines it] at the moment, or because of quenching of the Holy Spirit, we sometimes have no answer to questions, or we may even have the wrong answers to questions. God has all of the right answers, but He doesn't share them with us to satisfy our curiosity or so that we can win a debate of a forum. He always has a purpose. He may choose to use willing and available vessels when He determines there is a need.

B

brakelite

I've always deduced that any sinless human would have satisfied Father God.
That it actually was God who sacrificed Himself makes it all the more impressive!
Yes, "the Son of God" was the sacrifice ... He was the Son of God
because God's Spirit was the "father" (He played the role of "father").
Sorry my friend but I cannot agree that any member of the Godhead was playing a "role". The Soon of God is Literal. He is Gods Son, in the highest sense of the word. God is Jesus Father, in every sense of the word. And I do not speak of the incarnation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may indeed be a willingness to do whatever the Lord desires, but that is not repentance.
I beg to differ.

When repentance is in a person's heart, they change who is their Lord and Master.

Before coming to Christ, I was my own Lord and Master, and therefore satan had control of my life because he is all about self-rule and pride.

After coming to Christ, Jesus is now the Lord of my life; which means that when I become aware in my life of things that are sinful, I do not need to repent again. I already did that when I received Jesus as the Lord of my life. I simply apply the Lordship of Jesus to that particular sin that has been revealed. If I do not apply His Lordship to that sin, then I in effect repent of my repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10 (kjv)) because now I have changed direction once again and Jesus isn't my Lord anymore because I didn't surrender to Him in that area. I may even continue to submit to Him in the former areas that He has already dealt with. But because I am holding something back from Him, my direction is off-base and I may not be walking in that straight direction down the narrow path toward the narrow gate. If I am 1 degree off in my direction I could miss the gate by miles, especially if the journey is long.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry my friend but I cannot agree that any member of the Godhead was playing a "role". The Soon of God is Literal. He is Gods Son, in the highest sense of the word. God is Jesus Father, in every sense of the word. And I do not speak of the incarnation.
Why are these 3 verses in Scripture? ... Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:20, Luke 1:35

Mary + God the Holy Spirit >>>>> the Son of God
(Or perhaps you prefer "the son of Mary"?)

Gabriel said to call Him "Jesus", "the Son of God", "the Son of the Highest".

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peeked in for a moment and saw an indictment on my character (after a season).

Romans 16:17 says, Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Peeked in for a moment and saw an indictment on my character (after a season).

Romans 16:17 says, Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
This is a "christian" forum, what did you expect....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Exactly what i said, did you really think you could go on a christian forum and not expect you character to be attacked, it is a dirty war out there. The flesh is an awful thing and the enemy puts it to good use when he can.