Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"You focus on initial salvation, while I focus on maintaining it."
Since the Bible says that Christians are "kept by THE POWER OF GOD" that means that no one *maintains* their salvation. But everyone must work out their salvation with fear and trembling. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since the Bible says that Christians are "kept by THE POWER OF GOD"
that means that no one *maintains* their salvation.
But everyone must work out their salvation with fear and trembling.
BIG DIFFERENCE.
Foist of oil ... who are these "Christians" you refer to (chapter and verse)?

Second of oil ... I don't see the BIG difference.
Perhaps you could explain it to me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who has come to know Jesus in the true sense of the word will not argue against obedience. Those who argue do not understand it was because of disobedience that Jesus died....consider its gravity!

Again, everyone who in gratitude understands and embraces the immense price given for their redemption will with open heart ask, Lord what will you have me do?.... intrinsically knows that his Commandments were not given in vain or as some passing experiment which can by sleight of hand be dismissed or modified to suit the carnal disposition.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, @quietthinker, it is merely sound doctrine that we are not saved through our obedience (whether we are referring to initial or continued salvation), but unto it.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You guys have the free will to continue believing the lies you have been taught through family, friends, churches, etc. You have been deceived, brainwashed, etc. ... ultimately by Satan, who is the greatest liar and deceiver in the history of the world.
It would appear from your posts that you are the one who has been deceived by the Father of Lies. He would like you to believe that you are capable of *maintaining* your salvation, when you could do nothing to receive it in the first place. IT WAS ALL OF GOD'S GRACE AND MERCY.

Reactions: Helen

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
not BAC's.
May I say to everyone that ...
the possessive apostrophe "s" has nothing to do with plural.
Usually, the plural is indicated by adding an "s".
This seems to be prevalent in the USA more and more.

And while we"re at it ...
Guess what Americans got from the KJV?
... our/their heart instead of hearts.
I love it when Americans say
... our/their life instead of lives.
Even on national TV.
<<< English lesson over for today >>>

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys have the free will to continue believing the lies
you have been taught through family, friends, churches, etc.
You have been deceived, brainwashed, etc. ... ultimately by Satan,
who is the greatest liar and deceiver in the history of the world.

Now there's a broad brush!

Are you certain you can attain to salvation by your good works?

What about those that aren't good?

If you are to be reckoned according to your works, then, aren't you already guilty?

much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not very good news if true! Because whose works are complete and perfect? No one's, that's who. Well, Jesus. Him alone.
It is true that all of us have sinned (1 John 1:10).

But it is not true that all of us will sin.

1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, Hebrews 10:14, 1 John 3:9; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10.

Romans 5:5, Colossians 3:14, Hebrews 10:14.

See also my signature.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Foist of oil ... who are these "Christians" you refer to (chapter and verse)?
1 PETER 1
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed
be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Second of oil ... I don't see the BIG difference. Perhaps you could explain it to me.
What you have failed to understand is that salvation (eternal life and justification by grace) is God's GIFT to the one who repents and believes.

The Bible does NOT teach that any Christian can *maintain* their salvation. But the Bible commands all the children of God to work out their salvation with fear and trembling. This is called sanctification by the power of the Holy Spirit -- for it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Which means total surrender to God and walking in the Spirit while mortifying (crucifying) the flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Bible commands all the children of God to work out their salvation with fear and trembling.

This particular mandate is reiterated in different words in the following:

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A born again believer is someone who has repented of all of their sins.

He who sins is of the devil...1 John 3:8.
So would you say then that after a person is born again he will never sin again and therefore will never again need to repent? Or are you saying that he has repented in advance for any and all sins will commit later? Or are you saying something else? Please clarify.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So would you say then that after a person is born again he will never sin again and therefore will never again need to repent? Or are you saying that he has repented in advance for any and all sins will commit later? Or are you saying something else? Please clarify.
I am simply quoting 1 John 3:8...make your own conclusion about what that verse is saying to you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said in times past that in Psalms 51:3, David confesses all of his future sin(s); and that in this he is forgiven of all of his future sin(s)...1 John 1:9.

But I would also desire to preach the reality that we can be righteous even as the Lord is righteous (1 John 3:7); pure even as He is pure (1 John 3:3); and may walk even as He walked (1 John 2:6).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that all of us have sinned (1 John 1:10).

But it is not true that all of us will sin.

1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, Hebrews 10:14, 1 John 3:9; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10.

Romans 5:5, Colossians 3:14, Hebrews 10:14.

See also my signature.
Yet having sinned, if we're to be accepted according to works, this disqualifies us. And, to avoid the trap of falling into hypotheticals, if we Do sin, we have an advocate, Who advocates our acceptance based not on our works, our good or bad behavior, but on His finished work.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet having sinned, if we're to be accepted according to works, this disqualifies us. And, to avoid the trap of falling into hypotheticals, if we Do sin, we have an advocate, Who advocates our acceptance based not on our works, our good or bad behavior, but on His finished work.

Much love!
Yes...there is grace if or when we do sin.

But for the sake of those whose iniquity is found to be hateful in their sight...I would proclaim to them that there is victory in Christ over the power of sin.

I believe that there are both saved and unsaved who live according to Romans 7:14-25...

The unsaved are contented to keep living the lifestyle that is presented in those verses....while the saved are discontented with a lifestyle of sin, and their heart's cry is...Wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death? Romans 7:24.

These will surely graduate into a Romans 8 lifestyle very shortly.

Last edited: