Best Teachers On Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can post entire chapters of Scripture, but it doesn't mean they answered the OP. And YOU didn't answer the OP ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Good grief man, get a grip.
Many gave answers of Commentators and Preachers thay chose as their trusted TEACHERS.

I gave my answer, my Chosen Teacher, is The SOURCE...Jesus Himself.
And gave Scriptural Evidence...
Any man can Choose Jesus as their TEACHER!
Or
Any man can choose Another man, as their TEACHER...then go comparatively SEE if what their MAN TEACHER has TAUGHT them is evidenced in Scripture according TO Jesus' (the Source), Teachings.

So I skip over the MAN Teacher and go directly to Source, JESUS, as my Teacher...

So what's it to you, you carrying on as If...that is unacceptable to you.
WHO cares? I could care less, Who you have chosen as "your" Teacher.
Stop trying to badger me, as if what you do, has any effect on what I do.

kc_hhsl... put out a general OP...for opinions of who people think are preferred Prophecy teachers.

My answer was given, and remains...Jesus.
MY Verification in Scripture was Given and remains.

If that is over your head, or you object...WHO cares? I don't, so buzz off.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it's easier to pontificate than to answer the OP.

Bobby Jo

Actually it will be more satisfactory to ignore you, since your behavior is unbecoming when comprehension is over your head.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... when comprehension is over your head.

Me thinks the OP is "over YOUR head". Have you considered responding to the OP, or do you prefer simply running your mouth?

... and you don't need to answer my question, -- it's rhetorical.
Bobby Jo

Mar 30, 2020
Arlington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amazon.com: 9781641407922

Many authors have written books involving the interpretation of prophecy, primarily on the books of Daniel and Revelation. Few of the popular authors in this field have exhibited more than a small amount of spiritual insight, with the result that the fruits of their labor are equally capable of attainment by an unbeliever who, of course, would be incapable of any true spiritual enlightenment.

Also, the popular authors tend to interpret only those portions of Scripture that would appeal to their reading audience and to avoid portions that might be offensive and thus endanger the appeal of their books.

So Christ also having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to them that wait for him, unto salvation. (Heb. 9:28)

But of that day and hour knows no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only. (Matt. 24:36)

Anyone who sets a precise date for the ending of this age- regardless of source or reasoning- is wrong!

Now from the fig tree learn her parable Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished. (Matt. 24:32‑34)

It has been realized by students of the Bible for more than two hundred years that the parable of the fig tree meant that Israel would become a nation again.

Israel became a nation again on May 14, 1948.

A Message for the Human Race

It is clear from the correlation between these verses that the great earthquake of the sixth seal occurs shortly before the last three and a half years <the great Tribulation> of this age.

Although this earthquake will be of supernatural magnitude, unlike the subsequent calamities of the great Tribulation, it will have natural causes. Can we thus determine approximately when this earthquake is likeliest to occur?

And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; ...for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26)

Notice that Luke 21:25‑26 is a description of outward signs also occurring at this time. What are the only signs in the sun that are visible to the naked eye? Sunspots! The word translated as 'stars' in Luke 21:25 may equally be in reference to the planets. Is there a connection between the cause of this great earthquake and these other, simultaneously occurring outward signs?

According to Wood, the next two sunspot cycles will peak in 1982 & 1993...307

Now, to the surprise of many scientists, there has come evidence that the alignments of the planets can, for sound scientific reasons, affect the behavior of the earth. But one of these occasions‑ an alignment of the planets which occurs only once every 179 years‑ is due in 1982309

The most likely time for the triggering of the earthquake is the time midway between the spring and fall of 1982. Thus, the focal point of likeliest time is midnight August 4-5, Israeli time, midway between spring and fall.

The next appearance of Halley's comet will be in 1986 ... it will appear brightest in February of 1986 . . 318

Almost certainly this was the star that the Wise‑men followed, and it was the tail of Halley's comet that was used by God to point their way.

The alignment of the planets converges with a sunspot peak only once every 1,969 years. In this situation, we have the precise concurrence of a series of events that is unique, with a single event (Israel) that is likewise unique, all of which was prophesied nineteen centuries ago. Mathematically, there is no chance whatsoever that these events are merely coincidental.

...as modern chronologers have demonstrated, that the date of the Christian era, or of the birth of Christ Himself, was moved FOUR YEARS from the true time. ...but there seems to be no doubt of the fact, that the birth of the Lord Jesus was made full four years later than the truth. 314

What is the significance of the six days of the restoration and the seventh day of rest spoken of in Genesis, chapters 1 and 2?

Deduction based on various statements in the Bible; however, place the date of creation only a few thousand years in the past. The precise date usually found in the headings of the King James Bible is 4004 B.C., this date having been worked out by the Irish theologian James Ussher (1581‑1656). 319

...with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day. (2 Peter 3:8)

This date of 4004 B.C. is a date indicated by the Scriptures.

As we have seen previously, Christ was actually born in the year that we record as 4 B.C. Thus, it was four of the Lord's days (exactly 4,000 of our years) from the indicated date of "creation" to the birth of Christ. Using the same reckoning, the time of the Lord's return (which will be at the beginning of the seventh day, the millennium) should be the year 1996. If He has not returned by this time, then He has tarried because the bride still hasn’t made herself ready.

I think that the following conclusions are both accurate and appropriate:

1. Before midnight Israeli time August 4‑5, 1982 the last 3 1/2 years before the physical return of Christ (the Great Tribulation) could not begin. Now it can begin anytime.

2. We still see through a glass darkly what the 3 1/2 years before (the first half of the last week of years) the Great Tribulation will transpire as.

3. In His mercy, the Lord has tarried. He probably should have been back no later than 1996.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before I get started … what I am asking in concept is nothing less than a straight forward question with a straight forward response. I'm not looking for the opinions that have followed this inquiry on another Christian forum. Not trying to be rude - I'm trying to get an understanding of various view points. I'm very well aware that people will have different opinions - that is acceptable and expected. What I'm not looking for is the response "Just read the Bible and the Holly Spirit will guide you".

So my question to you - as an individual - is who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies. Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Oh by the way - I'm very well aware to avoid those folks who give you time and day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your input.

I may not come from your particular school of eschatology, which means my 'good teachers' may not be who you're after...but I'll list 'em anyway!
I like listening/reading Sam Storms, Kim Riddlebarger, Greg Beale, Johnathan Menn, Dean Davis, Voddie Baucham. They're all in the Amillennial category, just fyi.

I've posted this video elsewhere on the forum, but since the OP asked, and we have this very interesting current situation with the virus, then I thought it wire appropriate to offer it here as well... I'm not trying to flood the forum with this... It just seems timely.

Good video. He spoke well, his points were clear, concise and biblical, I think.

Reactions: Brakelite