Best Teachers On Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
default_hmm.gif
He is so full of himself that he can't even get his wording straight.
default_hehe.gif
Thank you, ...yes, my comment was rhetorical!
But seriously, he is really, really out there, scary!

Reactions: Taken and Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, ...yes, my comment was rhetorical!
But seriously, he is really, really out there, scary!

default_wacko.png
Yeah, some people just need to take a break, breathe, and pull their head out of their anus.

Reactions: DNB

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,
I just ran across the nonsense which I normally don't see because I have better things to spend my time on than what Proverbs 26:4 & 5 delve into.

But for anyone interested, my use of the word "disinformation" is intentional, because the commentators KNOW they can't resolve Prophetic Scripture. They mistakenly conclude that Dan. 2 identifies Four world empires, and then assign those "Four" to Chapter 7, and then argue back and forth between themselves why the depictions aren't fulfilled Historically. And Daniel 8 is no better; Daniel 9 is what Montgomery called the "dismal swamp of O.T. prophecy"; and Daniel 11 carries some contrived convolutions until they simply can't be explained away.

The commentators KNOW they DON'T HAVE THE TRUTH (thus "misinformation" is ruled out) so they KNOWINGLY present their BEST LIE -- DISINFORMATION. It's because ~they're the experts and they have to provide an answer~. Of course if they'd waited until the era approximate to NOW, they could have 20/20 hindsight to see that ALL Daniel's prophecies are fulfilled in the 1900's to 2022.

And what is the Book of Daniel's Lion/Eagle; Bear; Leopard; & Dreadful, except what we see in Rev. 13. So what they butchered in the foundation, is butchered in the culmination.

So I leave things where we started:

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly,
lest you be like him yourself.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've posted this video elsewhere on the forum, but since the OP asked, and we have this very interesting current situation with the virus, then I thought it wire appropriate to offer it here as well... I'm not trying to flood the forum with this... It just seems timely.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've posted this video elsewhere on the forum, but since the OP asked, and we have this very interesting current situation with the virus, then I thought it wire appropriate to offer it here as well... I'm not trying to flood the forum with this... It just seems timely.

This may be beneficial so someone, but not to me. It's hard to drain the swamp when we're fighting alligators, and the alligators are nipping at our heels. Time is running out and if we don't get ready for the immediate future, we won't be able to care for ourselves, and much less for others.

And THAT is scary.
Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I get started … what I am asking in concept is nothing less than a straight forward question with a straight forward response. I'm not looking for the opinions that have followed this inquiry on another Christian forum. Not trying to be rude - I'm trying to get an understanding of various view points. I'm very well aware that people will have different opinions - that is acceptable and expected. What I'm not looking for is the response "Just read the Bible and the Holly Spirit will guide you".

So my question to you - as an individual - is who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies. Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Oh by the way - I'm very well aware to avoid those folks who give you time and day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your input.
Jonathan Kahn is a converted Jewish Priest who has very precisely united old and new testament events with our events today.
He studies from the original text in Hebrew and Greek.
I personally have really enjoyed his book The Harbinger and The Oracle.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jonathan Kahn is a converted Jewish Priest who has very precisely united old and new testament events with our events today.
He studies from the original text in Hebrew and Greek.
I personally have really enjoyed his book The Harbinger and The Oracle.

Hi H2S,

I've perused his Harbinger, and he sings a convincing song, but his presentations are all wrong. Specifically, he delves into Daniel 9 failing to grasp what Walvoord already presented via his Scholars, -- the literal text; the actual words; the nuance of the words; History; and compliance with the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9. Of course Walvoord is no better having dismissed the findings of his own experts, and reverting to "commonly accepted doctrines", just as Cahn -- not Kahn. :)

It's all so simple, and I can't figure out why people can't/won't see the obvious. -- I.e., there is NO Scriptural or Societal precedent for the KJV "seven and sixty-two". This is a non-incremented number, -- versus four score an ten; a dozen and a half; a mile and a quarter, which are all "legal" increments. And the ONLY INSTANCE I've ever hear of anything remotely comparable was from a beauty pageant where the host introduced all the women as 5 feet, with the taller girls being 5 feet 13 inches. -- True story. :) But a pair of shoes does not cost seven and sixty-two dollars.

Now the RSV and MSG CORRECTLY present the seven as one duration with the FIRST anointed one; and the sixty-two as a second duration with the SECOND anointed one:

Dan. 9:25 ...from the going forth of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off, ...

If the "church" can't figure out the simple stuff, they won't be able to solve the complex.

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my question to you - as an individual - is who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies.

** Word of God forward to His servants, "ABOUT" the last days.

Gen 49
[1] And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that "which shall befall you" in the last days.
Isa.2
[2] And it "shall come to pass" in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
Mic.4
[1] But in the last days it "shall come to pass", that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

** Word of God "IN" the last days.

Acts 2:
[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
2Tim.3
[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
Heb.1
[2] Hath in "these" last days
Spoken to us by his Son whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Jas.5
[3] Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
2Pet.3
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Explaining?
Giving Understanding of the Knowledge Revealed?

Scripture tells us the BEST SOURCE for "understanding" the Knowledge revealed.

OT -
Understanding "About" God given to Milk babes, was "Limited".
OT -
Given:
Word, Wisdom, Instruction & Understanding,
In: All manners of Workmanship.
In: A wise Heart to Discern Judgement.

Understanding From: (Source)
Job 32:
[8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Prov 2:
[6] For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

NT - (Jesus speaking)
John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

NT -
Luke 24:
[45] Then " opened he" their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures...(the knowledge)

WHO is the Best Teacher for Knowledge?
Answer: The Lord God.

WHO is the Best Teacher for Understanding the Knowledge?
Answer: The Lord God.

NT -
2 Tim 2:
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee Understanding in all things.

There IS a caveat:
"Knowledge" from The Lord God, is Given, is preached across the World, is Written, is Translated into numerous native languages, is available in numerous Churches, Libraries, stores, internet...and Every Person has FREEWILL, to hear, believe or Reject the "Knowledge".
The Caveat:
"Every person Committed in Belief"; has 24-7 Access for asking The Lord God His Understanding of the Knowledge Revealed.

Some Commit in Belief...Some do not.
For those IN Committed Belief...aka known as "IN CHRIST"...
1 John 5
[20] And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Personally, for me, I ask the Lord for Understanding of the Knowledge I am reading and studying.

Glory to God,
Taken

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, for me, I ask the Lord for Understanding of the Knowledge I am reading and studying.

You used an awful lot of words to say nothing. It reminds me of the "Amazon product Questions" where the answer is: "I don't know, I haven't used it yet."

How about this? -- Regarding ANY interpretation for the Book of Daniel, the angel DEMANDS an END-TIME interpretation:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

So when some "prophecy expert" explains that the Prophecies start at ~483BC and include detailed History from ~200BC, -- IGNORE THEM. THEY'RE LIARS.

That would certainly be a start, -- but "I don't know, I haven't used it yet" is blather, and there's no shortage of blather so don't add to it.
Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You used an awful lot of words to say nothing. It reminds me of the "Amazon product Questions" where the answer is: "I don't know, I haven't used it yet."

How about this? -- Regarding ANY interpretation for the Book of Daniel, the angel DEMANDS an END-TIME interpretation:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

So when some "prophecy expert" explains that the Prophecies start at ~483BC and include detailed History from ~200BC, -- IGNORE THEM. THEY'RE LIARS.

That would certainly be a start, -- but "I don't know, I haven't used it yet" is blather, and there's no shortage of blather so don't add to it.
Bobby Jo

Thanks for sharing reading explicit dialogue is too complicated for your understanding.

And your Answer for of the Best Teacher of Scripture can be reduced to the same as a response for an Amazon product...

"I don't know, I haven't used it yet"

Is ridiculous.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... your Answer for of the Best Teacher of Scripture can be reduced to the same as a response for an Amazon product... Is ....
... accurate.

I gave ONE example and can easily give DOZENS if not HUNDREDS; and you gave empty blather. But perhaps you missed the question.

Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... accurate.

I gave ONE example and can easily give DOZENS if not HUNDREDS; and you gave empty blather. But perhaps you missed the question.

Bobby Jo

So?
I gave evidence in 15 verses out of the OT and NT for the source and extent of Understanding, including prophecy, as expressed per Scriptural Teaching, and is the source I rely on for my understanding of Scriptural Prophecy.

I could care less you think Scriptural verses are blather.
Obviously you like your answer;

"I don't know, I haven't used it yet"

Not surprised.

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
** Word of God forward to His servants, "ABOUT" the last days.

Gen 49

Glory to God,
Taken

Hmmm thanks but not what I asked for … seems like folks out here like to respond but fail to read what was asked … interesting

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm thanks but not what I asked for … seems like folks out here like to respond but fail to read what was asked … interesting

Prophecy is what is said to come to pass.
OT men had Prophecy, from the Best Teacher;
Their source; the Word of God.
NT men had Prophecy, Fulfilled, and more Prophecy told them and forward to us, my Best Teacher; the Word of God.
You should have got that from my response.
The Scriptural references related to the source of knowledge AND understanding of the knowledge.
I guess perhaps you wanted a favorite Commentators opinion. Scripture teaches it is the word of God that is the knowledge He wants us to have And Understanding FROM Him.

God Bless,
Taken

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should have got that from my response.
God Bless,
Taken

Actually I didn't read what you wrote. Glanced over it and quickly saw that the response was, as way too many responses are, more for the benefit of the person writing the response rather than the person seeking information that they requested. What you have written doesn't address my question your response addresses your need to share what you think is needed - not what was asked. I know how I learn - you do not. I know my limitations - you do not. I know what my goal is - you do not If you do not answer my question in the format I've requested it does you good it does not meet my objectives.

De Colores
KC

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before I get started … what I am asking in concept is nothing less than a straight forward question with a straight forward response. I'm not looking for the opinions that have followed this inquiry on another Christian forum. Not trying to be rude - I'm trying to get an understanding of various view points. I'm very well aware that people will have different opinions - that is acceptable and expected. What I'm not looking for is the response "Just read the Bible and the Holly Spirit will guide you".

So my question to you - as an individual - is who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies. Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Oh by the way - I'm very well aware to avoid those folks who give you time and day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your input.

I did not respond to your Op because you had excluded me. My experience is that there are no good teacher out there to help me understand the end time prophecies.

20 years ago I went to a Bible college to learn from the lecturers, but what I found was that the lecturers did not understand the context of what they were teaching from the recommended textbooks or they were peddling their own theories. What I have come to understand is that even our "considered good" English translations reflect the theological understanding of the people who formed the team of the translation of the translation committee and that what the outcome was an acceptable compromise of the committee members.

The outcome of this realization is that I have considered more carefully the source texts of the translations to validate what the various translations present as "their gospel truth of the matter."

What I have chosen to do is to not read the multiply Prophecy commentaries that are available out there and to study the scriptures myself and to allow the revelations to come, be it that that has been a very slow process for the revelations to come about the End Time Prophecies themselves.

Yes it is good to read the context of what others believe and to come to terms with the basis of their presented theories, but to determine who the best authors are to read to gain this insight is very much in the readers ball park to determine as errors in our understandings abound everywhere.

May the Lord guide you as to what authors you read as He allows you to gain your insights into the End Time. Remember, no author that you may read has so far been able to fully explain how the End Times are unfolding and who the entities are who are playing the leading roles in the unfolding End Time prophecies.

The End Time Prophecies have been sealed and hidden from our understanding and History has been used to justify misleading pointers that have been used to falsely explain the ET prophecies.

Good luck in your search for God's truth in this matter.

Shalom

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The End Time Prophecies have been sealed and hidden from our understanding and History has been used to justify misleading pointers that have been used to falsely explain the ET prophecies.
But a few 'wise' people will understand the prophesies. Daniel 12:10, 2 Peter 1:19
'wise'; those who reject all the opinions and fanciful notions about the end times and who carefully and prayerfully examine all the Prophetic Word.