Beware of false prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's truly too bad that many 'Christians' were scared by this guy, but who can they blame other than themselves? God gave us His written Word to guide us safely into His Kingdom. Those who don't take heed get lost. Being lost can be very frightening.

Psalm 119:105 (ESV)
[sup]105 [/sup]Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some false prophets come in under the name of Truth and twist and twist and twist scripture until Jesus becomes human and sinful ..........

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love that Psalms quote, thank you.

With ref to my original comment, what do people think of this?
http://www.christianpost.com/news/fearful-teen-commits-suicide-due-to-harold-campings-judgment-day-prediction-50542/

A civics class wouldnt have helped this situation.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
If you want to understand what is coming (and soon I might add) read Matthew 24.

Then, when those around you are shocked and run to join the false prophets like the dust and dirt balls in those Swiffer ads, you will not only not be swayed, but will be in a position to help them.

sdcougar

Mar 17, 2010
South Dakota
What I have read of the Camping affair has related either to exposing his false teaching [he did not claim to be making a prophecy; rather in some unimanginable way, he thinks he has all the numbers figured out] or reminders to Christians that despite false teaching we ARE supposed to be ready for Christ's return.

What has been sadly missing from what I've read is that this is an opportunity for Christians to be witnesses to others, explaining that the Bible says no man knows the hour, etc. and presenting the Gospel. We should seize the opportunity. This 100 million dollar campaign had people everywhere talking about this, most of whom do not know Christ.