Beware of false prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If all the fear and anxiety created is not real, should Camping and Family Radio be prosecuted after Saturday?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
If all the fear and anxiety created is not real, should Camping and Family Radio be prosecuted after Saturday?

-- They are not forcing anyone. It's called the First Amendment.

Prosecution? Silly idea.

That's one of the problems with America. Litigation for the dumbest things at the drop of a hat.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

What is the charge? Being Biblically illiterate is not illegal. And it only the Biblically illiterate that are scared.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I agree with Tomwebster.

And waking up Sunday morning, broke, out of a job, publically shamed, being throroughly confused and distraught is going to be more than enough "punishment" for them.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This has become international news, there are forums with major discussion going on, many scared people.

Dont people have a right to be protected from characters like this from causing anxiety and fear on a global scale?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
It's called Freedom of Speech.

Very different from yelling 'Fire' in a crowded movie house.

You are moving into the domain of the silly.

According to your standard, every time a political group mentions a negative outcome if someone does or doesn't vote for something, the "anxiety and fear" are worthy of a law suit.

Take a civics class and come back later.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
This has become international news, there are forums with major discussion going on, many scared people.

Dont people have a right to be protected from characters like this from causing anxiety and fear on a global scale?

You don't need a civics class, just open the Scripture and read it.

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

Hello mcorba:

This has been going on for years. Each generation of premillenialist sticks their head up every once in a while and shouts "it's the END!" Time always tells the truth.

Maybe this guy that predicted May 21st as the end of the world should be charged with being a PREMILLENNIALIST. Maybe, only maybe this will wake up some who are not hard shelled premillennialists and look
at the scriptues different. The amillennial teaching is not perfect, but I feel it's closer to what the bible is teaching.

May we study His Word closer,
The Lord be with you,
charlesj

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank u all for your comments.
What possesses these people to be so sure, and then so wrong?

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Thank u all for your comments.
What possesses these people to be so sure, and then so wrong?

Good morning mcorba:

The bottom line in these predictions all these years, in my opinion, is a mis-interpretation of Matthew 24. Matthew 24 is judgment on the nation of Israel and took place in A.D. 70.
Also, you can credit the KJV with translating the Greek word “aion” “world” instead of “age.” The Greek word “aion” means age. The Greek word “kosmos” is world.
The disciples asked “when will the end of the age be?” Matt 24:3 (My words)

Christ spoke of two ages when He was on earth. In Matt 12:32 Jesus said that whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this age (the age He was in) or the “age to come” (New Testament age). (The KJV again translates "aion" here as "world" and this confuses people.)
In reference to the age Jesus was in, the Old Testament age, it is referred to as the “last days” in several places in the writings of the apostles. This age was winding down and the believing Jew knew it. A new age started on Pentecost. Praise God!

Premills pick up on Matthew 24 and other places in the N.T. where it (especially the KJV) uses “last days” and applies it 2100 years later. This will continue on in each generation until Christ comes. If we were able to live until year 3000 the premills would still be
screaming "end of world" is here. This is sad.

May the Lord be with all of us as we honor and serve Him,
charlesj

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Or persecuted? Naw! It may in a round about way cause some people to consider that this is all going to end someday.:eek:

deanrobertsnet

May 15, 2011
Cardiff, UK
The whole thing is a shambles. The Christian Church will be trying to repair the damage caused by Camping's destructive rampage for a long time to come.

<< Link removed. Please see the forum rules. Thanks. >>

The Church needs to keep an eye on people like this. In fact, something should have been done back in 94.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
The whole thing is a shambles. The Christian Church will be trying to repair the damage caused by Camping's destructive rampage for a long time to come.

Read more: http://deanroberts.net/current-affairs/a-final-word-on-the-may-21st-rapture-prediction/

The Church needs to keep an eye on people like this. In fact, something should have been done back in 94.

So what do you think could have been done in 1994? We still have freedom of speech in the USA. Many have Bibles but their is a famine for hearing the Word of God.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in agreement with the idea that prosecution is just not valid here. It's the old say, who is worse, the fool or the fool that follows him? Being ignorant is not a crime.

At the end of the day, you have a write to make up whatever kooky end-of-world prediction you wanna make. In the states here that's a First Amendment right. Unfortunately, some zany ideas just gain traction for various reasons - ah-la the Millerites of the 19th century. I think at the end of the day, based on this and numerous cultures (even up to movies, books, etc.) we humans are fascinated with our end, perhaps more-so than our beginnings.

In the grand scheme, while I think it does make a mockery of Christianity to a certain extent, I have seen some very real and serious anxiety about the thought of a rapture. Perhaps this becomes a teachable moment for those who really want to understand Jesus and open up the Scriptures just like Tom says. On at least two occasions, I've been able to talk to someone about Jesus based on fear/worrying about their fate. I'd argue that whether or not you believe in the Rapture, we know from Scripture that Christians will be fine. As the old Skynard song says, troubles come and troubles will pass (paraphrasing). God does not move, but God works through all things.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Amen HammerStone....God does not operate in fear and confusion.....The Word tells us that very fact...that is one of the reasons I believe that will will not know the hour or day...We are to live as if our breathe we just took is our last...someone once asked me what was the safest mile to drive...it was the last mile....the next could end it all....

daviddee

May 21, 2011
All I can say is, some people were liek I hope it does not happy.....As for me, I wish it would come any day.....then again coming at the first of the month is always best, I would just love to see my bill collectors after it......ahahahahah

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
He will receive the eternal punishemnt for hsi false prophecies. ultimately God will deal with him. We have to forgive him and move on. I do not feel he should be prosecuted because that could lead to outlawing and proesuction of many Christian and biblical and general relgious values as a whole. The government is waiting for the day it can have some legal ground to bring the church under its authority and control.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I haven't worried about this guy one bit.
Anyone who asked me about him and his prediction before the date he gave, I told them flat out he was wrong because Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour but His Father.
I have also told them that this is not his first incorrect prediction and there will be many other people to follow-up making predictions like this or even worse.