Bible alone question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary is not the spiritual mother of everyone. Where is your scriptural support to believe that nonsense. There is not one verse in scripture( in context) to support any of the RC traditions about Mary. You are following men not God.

Reactions: Taken

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) Where in the Bible does it say that Mary is the spiritual mother of all Christians?
b) Jesus did establish His kingdom! Read your Bible!

BTW, Mary is no queen. She is dead.

Jn 11:25 alive in Christ

Spiritual Mother!

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huge Difference Between:
PRAYING “FOR” saints, and PRAYING “TO” saints.

Huge Difference Between;
Heavenly saints “Collecting and Delivering” PRAYERS to God, and
Heavenly saints “Collecting, and then themselves PRAYING TO God to Answer the Prayers.”

Heavenly Saints, are Heavenly Servants of God;
(Paraphrasing...receive Gods mail, take it to Him.
* NOT receive Gods mail, read it, and then go ask God to answer His MAIL with YES God will do what the “mailman says”!

God does NOT answer EVERY PRAYER REQUEST!
And CERTAINLY not because a Heavenly Servant, makes decisions for God that GOD SHOULD answer EVERY MAIL REQUEST!

God is ALL KNOWING. HE knows what Prayer Requests He will and will not grant.

prayers are made to God thru their intercession and merits

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What saints?
Heavenly saints, whose station is to Serve God? Not men on earth.
Earthly saints, who are to PRAY FOR their brethren.
Brethren of Earthly saints, are other Earthly saints.
Earthly saints, to PRAY FOR Heavenly saints? (Why? Are they in jeopardy of losing their sainthood? Lol)

You should learn who is a saint and why and their role.
No one is directed to pray TO saints.

we are called to be saints

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary is not the spiritual mother of everyone. Where is your scriptural support to believe that nonsense. There is not one verse in scripture( in context) to support any of the RC traditions about Mary. You are following men not God.

we are supposed to follow men in the apostolic tradition Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31

Spiritual Mother!

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!

Behold thy mother!

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are supposed to follow men in the apostolic tradition Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31

Spiritual Mother!

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!

Behold thy mother!

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow Jesus not men who change God’s word for profit, power, and control of others through un-scriptural traditions like the RCC does.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow Jesus not men who change God’s word for profit, power, and control of others through un-scriptural traditions like the RCC does.

you say you do anyway!

do you actually believe him and obey him!

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission as Christ! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 acts 1:8 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42
1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prayers are made to God thru their intercession and merits

Provide a Scripture of anyone told To PRAY TO Saints.

For the unconverted, Intercession TO God is through Jesus...
For the converted, they do not require an Intercessory TO GOD.

Provide a Scripture whereby Intercession TO God is through anyone else.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are called to be saints

Called to be, is not called to interfere, is not called an intercessory.

You have been taught to pray TO Saints...
what Scripture says to do that?

You have been taught to pray TO Mary...
What Scripture says to do that?

Why do you not VERIFY what you are taught by men, with Scripture?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Provide a Scripture of anyone told To PRAY TO Saints.

For the unconverted, Intercession TO God is through Jesus...
For the converted, they do not require an Intercessory TO GOD.

Provide a Scripture whereby Intercession TO God is through anyone else.

I said to God not to saints

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Called to be, is not called to interfere, is not called an intercessory.

You have been taught to pray TO Saints...
what Scripture says to do that?

You have been taught to pray TO Mary...
What Scripture says to do that?

Why do you not VERIFY what you are taught by men, with Scripture?

verify with scripture where is that in scripture?

thee faith was once delivered to the saints and not again to you personally in scripture

the church posses the fullness of truth 1 Tim 3:15

we must listen to men
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Acts 1:8
Acts 8:31
And many more

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 12 is nothing to do with Mary. The Woman IS the Nation of ISRAEL.

Is ISRAEL, accepting Jesus is the Christ.
Is the DEVIL, seeking to destroy ISRAEL, for accepting Jesus is the Christ.

Rev 12:
[11] And they (ISRAEL) overcame him (DEVIL) by the blood of the Lamb, (Lord) and by the word of their (ISRAEL) testimony; and they (ISRAEL) loved not their lives unto the death. (Ie tribulation martyr’s)
[12] Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil (DEVIL) is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
[13] And when the dragon (DEVIL) saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman (ISRAEL) which brought forth the man child.(JESUS)
[14] And to the woman (ISRAEL) were given two wings of a great eagle, that she (ISRAEL) might fly into the wilderness, (Mt Zion) into her (ISRAEL) place, where she (ISRAEL) is nourished (VIA the 144,000 Tribesmen & A lamb) for a time, and times, and half a time, (3.5 years) from the face of the serpent.(DEVIL)
[15] And the serpent (DEVIL) cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, (ISRAEL) that he might cause her (ISRAEL) to be carried away of the flood.
[16] And the earth helped the woman, (ISRAEL) and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon (DEVIL) cast out of his mouth.
[17] And the dragon (DEVIL) was wroth with the woman, (ISRAEL) and went to make war (KILL) with the remnant of her (ISRAEL) seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.