Bible alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prestige electric car named after Tesla that changed the face of the automobile industry. Then someone put a Tesla badge on a diesel beach buggy with a fiberglass body that looked like a Tesla.
You putting a biblical badge on your church does not make it the genuine article.

what is then? I have asked a 100 times and you cannot answer

a group of people or a bible study is not the church founded by Christ and not a covenant instituted by God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prestige electric car named after Tesla that changed the face of the automobile industry. Then someone put a Tesla badge on a diesel beach buggy with a fiberglass body that looked like a Tesla.
You putting a biblical badge on your church does not make it the genuine article.

how can you enter a covenant with faith alone?

must be a ritual an outward sign

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is tradition

handed down or made known or delivered or taught

he Paul an apostle received truth from God and taught it to the people that is the very definition of tradition

the teaching authority of the apostles Matt 28:19
It's only "tradition" from our perspective, not from his. He wasn't citing tradition, he was citing Jesus Christ. Again, big difference.

When Paul speaks for Jesus, he is acting in his role as Apostle. He is getting his information first hand, not second hand or third hand etc. Tradition, on the other hand, is doctrine, customs, or practices that are passed down from generation to generation, which means they are second hand or third hand sources.

The ONLY authoritative source for doctrine are the scriptures, which are both inspired and first hand information.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and does not believe in ANY innovations or new traditions
No new revelation after the death of John the apostle

thee faith once for all

thee sacred deposit of faith given by Christ to his church his apostles
Since then the only thing the church has authority to do it safeguard this truth
Teach all nations and wield the two edge sword of truth, one to define this truth the other to condemn all heresy and error to the glory of God but the power of the Holy Spirit!
The church was NOT founded on Peter alone. Rather, Jesus is founding his church on Peter and his other Apostles to whom the Father has revealed the truth, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” The RCC has twisted this to formulate the basis for a chief bishop known as the Pope, who speaks for Christ and has his authority. This doctrine is a distortion of Jesus' teaching, apparently invented to feed egos of power hungry men.

Jesus would NEVER establish an army of soldiers dedicated to the condemnation of heresy. He wrote a parable about this, condemning those who wish to "bury their talent in the ground." The message of that parable is clear. Do business with the truth, don't try to protect it. Your heretic hunters have evil motives and are not working for Christ.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is this. Mistakes and misunderstandings and misapplications of scripture take place when one does not take the time to understand the immediate context of any particular passage. Does Jesus talk about living water? Yes. Does he mention it here in John 3? I don't think so. But I am open to persuasion.

I would need to first understand John 4, and perhaps John 7 to see if the water metaphor in John 3, aligns with the water metaphor in John 4. What does it mean to have living water flowing out of me? And how is that like being born of water?
Actually, the Scripture is explicit...

John 7
38The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” 39But this He said in reference to the Spirit...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church was NOT founded on Peter alone. Rather, Jesus is founding his church on Peter and his other Apostles to whom the Father has revealed the truth, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” The RCC has twisted this to formulate the basis for a chief bishop known as the Pope, who speaks for Christ and has his authority. This doctrine is a distortion of Jesus' teaching, apparently invented to feed egos of power hungry men.

Jesus would NEVER establish an army of soldiers dedicated to the condemnation of heresy. He wrote a parable about this, condemning those who wish to "bury their talent in the ground." The message of that parable is clear. Do business with the truth, don't try to protect it. Your heretic hunters have evil motives and are not working for Christ.

yes on the apostles eph 2:20
But only those in union with peter
He is the first matt 10:2
Has the jurisdictional authority of the key of the kingdom of david and is holy father

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the Scripture is explicit...

John 7
38The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” 39But this He said in reference to the Spirit...
I don't know why but I am failing to communicate my idea. Do you not see that "living water" is NOT explicitly mentioned in John chapter 3?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes on the apostles eph 2:20
But only those in union with peter
He is the first matt 10:2
Has the jurisdictional authority of the key of the kingdom of david and is holy father
Your dogma is not supported by scripture. First of all, all of the Apostles have the same authority as Peter. And their authority is given to them personally, not to an office. And if you respect Peter as you seem to suggest, then he tells you the qualifications for Judas' replacement. Only those who have been with Jesus during his earthly ministry are qualified to be an apostle. Everyone from the RCC is disqualified on that basis.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your dogma is not supported by scripture. First of all, all of the Apostles have the same authority as Peter. And their authority is given to them personally, not to an office. And if you respect Peter as you seem to suggest, then he tells you the qualifications for Judas' replacement. Only those who have been with Jesus during his earthly ministry are qualified to be an apostle. Everyone from the RCC is disqualified on that basis.

matt 10:2 first is peter
Peter is the leader after Christ ascended

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 10:2 first is peter
Peter is the leader after Christ ascended
Negative.

Notice how Paul speaks about Peter and the others.

Galatians 2:5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you. 6 But from those who were of high reputation (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)—well, those who were of reputation contributed nothing to me.​

Paul tells you that Peter's status as leader made no difference to him. He tells you that God shows no partiality.

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.​

Paul tells you that he corrected Peter because Peter was mistaken.

The RCC teaches false doctrine. Sorry.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water
I don't know why but I am failing to communicate my idea. Do you not see that "living water" is NOT explicitly mentioned in John chapter 3?
Water and Spirit in John 3, water and Spirit in John 7--it's not complicated.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, But "living water" is not in John 3.
It's water. Water doesn't give birth. Even
amniotic fluid doesn't. Water isn't pregnant. The Water isn't literal water. Born of the Spirit means the person has a different nature. Amniotic fluid isn't a nature--amniotic fluid doesnt give birth to amniotic fluid, and we are not a race of amniotic fluid, amniotic fluid isn't even a stage in human development--to insist "water and Spirit" means "amniotic fluid and the Spirit" is to compare apples to oranges.

Now, if water doesn't refer to the Spirit, then it refers to the Word as already noted.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Negative.

Notice how Paul speaks about Peter and the others.

Galatians 2:5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you. 6 But from those who were of high reputation (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)—well, those who were of reputation contributed nothing to me.​

Paul tells you that Peter's status as leader made no difference to him. He tells you that God shows no partiality.

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.​

Paul tells you that he corrected Peter because Peter was mistaken.

The RCC teaches false doctrine. Sorry.

that’s the prerogative of a peer
They are both apostles
But Peter is first supreme
And all must obey in hierarchy authority
It was Peter to decided the matter remember

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s the prerogative of a peer
They are both apostles
But Peter is first supreme
And all must obey in hierarchy authority
It was Peter to decided the matter remember
No, Peter did not "decide" anything, he took the lesson he learned from Paul and repeated it almost word for word at the Jerusalem Council years later. Paul "decided" and Peter submitted to the Word of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Peter did not "decide" anything, he took the lesson he learned from Paul and repeated it almost word for word at the Jerusalem Council years later. Paul "decided" and Peter submitted to the Word of God.

Peter approval is required
He has the jurisdictional authority of the keys

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's water. Water doesn't give birth. Even
amniotic fluid doesn't. Water isn't pregnant. The Water isn't literal water. Born of the Spirit means the person has a different nature. Amniotic fluid isn't a nature--amniotic fluid doesnt give birth to amniotic fluid, and we are not a race of amniotic fluid, amniotic fluid isn't even a stage in human development--to insist "water and Spirit" means "amniotic fluid and the Spirit" is to compare apples to oranges.

Now, if water doesn't refer to the Spirit, then it refers to the Word as already noted.
The water represents natural birth, coming from the womb. Follow the flow of conversation between these two men and bear in mind that Jesus often uses what people give him to add to their knowledge. Nicodemus was the one who first mentioned being born from his mother's womb again. Jesus uses that to make his point.