Bible alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem stuck to your theology, unable to consider the text on its own. This is a major flaw in your hermeneutic that leads to misunderstanding.
Stuck to the text "...living water... this He spake of the Spirit..."--yep!

Either way, it is clear, and we agree, it's not speaking of water baptism.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tradition is revelation from God.
Have you never read where Jesus was critical of traditions? I wonder if you read the verses I cite? Traditions are neither authoritative nor infallible. The only thing that remains authoritative and infallible are the scriptures themselves. If you don't believe that, then this explains all the errors you seem to believe.

do you think it’s just made up stuff?
Yes, of course it is.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
very simply there not his successors

we are up against the great apostasy
Everything since Pius 12 is in question
Exactly : welcome to the Protestant Party! We've been waiting for you to wake up and reject the system!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

that is small t tradition or customs

large t tradition is divine revelation
Handed down

1 cor 11
As I received from the Lord I made known to you

taught

the teaching authority of the apostles
Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly : welcome to the Protestant Party! We've been waiting for you to wake up and reject the system!

the holy church still exists in her faithful bishops

Luther himself demand the holy church to hold a council and decide on his positions, they condemned them all, so much for Protestantism
Matt 16;18 18:18
Bound on earth bound in heaven

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the holy church still exists in her faithful bishops

Luther himself demand the holy church to hold a council and decide on his positions, they condemned them all, so much for Protestantism
Matt 16;18 18:18
Bound on earth bound in heaven
Who says the Church is preserved in some bishops? Did you invent a new system then? What authority to you have to do that? Sounds like you're Protesting to me. So much for your Catholicism. If you're wearing one of those silly Halloween costumes take it off.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says the Church is preserved in some bishops? Did you invent a new system then? What authority to you have to do that? Sounds like you're Protesting to me. So much for your Catholicism. If you're wearing one of those silly Halloween costumes take it off.

The holy church founded by Christ is eternal
His kingdom shall have no end

Lk 1:32-33

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. How are you redefining the Church as you wish? You're just a Protestant.

2. Those very same bishops are the ones who put the Pope in place.
The very ones you put your trust in have already proven untrustworthy.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is small t tradition or customs

large t tradition is divine revelation
Handed down

1 cor 11
As I received from the Lord I made known to you

taught

the teaching authority of the apostles
Matt 28:19
Paul is not citing a tradition here. He is claiming direct revelation. There is a difference.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jude 1:3
And not by scripture alone

Jude 1:3
Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.​

Here Jude tells you that the faith was handed down to the saints "once for all." By this we know that Jude would not agree with your dogma, which allows for other men to innovate new traditions, especially those handed down by the RCC.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stuck to the text "...living water... this He spake of the Spirit..."--yep!

Either way, it is clear, and we agree, it's not speaking of water baptism.
My point is this. Mistakes and misunderstandings and misapplications of scripture take place when one does not take the time to understand the immediate context of any particular passage. Does Jesus talk about living water? Yes. Does he mention it here in John 3? I don't think so. But I am open to persuasion.

I would need to first understand John 4, and perhaps John 7 to see if the water metaphor in John 3, aligns with the water metaphor in John 4. What does it mean to have living water flowing out of me? And how is that like being born of water?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A prestige electric car named after Tesla that changed the face of the automobile industry. Then someone put a Tesla badge on a diesel beach buggy with a fiberglass body that looked like a Tesla.
You putting a biblical badge on your church does not make it the genuine article.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is not citing a tradition here. He is claiming direct revelation. There is a difference.

it is tradition

handed down or made known or delivered or taught

he Paul an apostle received truth from God and taught it to the people that is the very definition of tradition

the teaching authority of the apostles Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 1:3
Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.​

Here Jude tells you that the faith was handed down to the saints "once for all." By this we know that Jude would not agree with your dogma, which allows for other men to innovate new traditions, especially those handed down by the RCC.

the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and does not believe in ANY innovations or new traditions
No new revelation after the death of John the apostle

thee faith once for all

thee sacred deposit of faith given by Christ to his church his apostles
Since then the only thing the church has authority to do it safeguard this truth
Teach all nations and wield the two edge sword of truth, one to define this truth the other to condemn all heresy and error to the glory of God but the power of the Holy Spirit!