Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds pretty clearly like you're putting man and man's teaching OVER God's Word.

How have I misunderstood that?

not mans teaching
But what is revealed by God thru Christ to his church his apostles eph 4:5 one faith of Christians Jude 1:3 thee faith

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said anything about the Bible
It’s the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” that’s the problem....

WHAT you DID IS ACCUSE (people who say "SCRIPTURE ALONE) of IGNORING ...

You can easily see why the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” causes so many problems and why we can simply ignore creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ! [/B]

False.
Scripture Alone EXPRESSLY supports the Apostles teaching AND the EXPRESS Authority of Christ!

we are to be taught by Christ!

eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Man made creeds, councils, dogma, that you FAVOR, and EQUAL to Christ's Teachings....
IS TAUGHT WHERE IN SCRIPTURE?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you don’t agree we will break off and start a new sect or cult
Violating scripture in the process

Seems you do not recognize, the SPLITTING OFF....was expressly FOR Disagreeing with The Roman Catholic Church going AGAINST SCRIPTURE....
* A BIG Disagreement BEING:
Catholics projecting:
*Buying ones way into Salvation Acceptable.
*Working ones way into Salvation Acceptable.

So Speak for YOUR POSITION...
Can you BUY your way into Salvation?
Can you WORK your way into Salvation?
Have you RECEIVED and POSSESS Salvation NOW ?
(IF so)...IS WORKS how you KEEP your Salvation?
(IF not)...WHEN do you RECEIVE Salvation?
(IF not)...WHY do you (whenever that may be) RECEIVE Salvation?

No need for a long drawn out commentary ...
Simple answers with your words regarding your position.
Are you able to give simple honest answers?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You referred to Luke 3:2 and said word of God is not limited to Bible alone.
So i am asking you what you mean by this with its connection to Luke 3:2 - please share

Just that the word of God came unto John
It did not come by the bible

Also please share what Bible Alone Heresy is - thank you

It depends on who you ask

basically it is the Bible is our only authority that implies a personal interpretation also

God, Christ, the HS, the church, the apostles cannot be any authority at all, only scripture
1st problem is that the church of the apostles says what is and what is not scripture
The Bible comes from the teaching of the apostles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT you DID IS ACCUSE (people who say "SCRIPTURE ALONE) of IGNORING ...

Really? Luther demanded a council of the church to decide on his doctrines
The church agreed held a council and condemned all his doctrines
So you’re saying you agree with the holy apostolic council of Trent?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you don’t agree we will break off and start a new sect or cult
Violating scripture in the process

So i am asking you what you mean by this with its connection to Luke 3:2 - please share

Are you unable to give credence

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems you do not recognize, the SPLITTING OFF....was expressly FOR Disagreeing with The Roman Catholic Church going AGAINST SCRIPTURE....
* A BIG Disagreement BEING:
Catholics projecting:
*Buying ones way into Salvation Acceptable.
*Working ones way into Salvation Acceptable.

No need for a long drawn out commentary ...
Simple answers with your words regarding your position.
Are you able to give simple honest answers?

these are half truths and accusations having no basis in reality

only Christ has authority to found the church Matt 16:18

eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27 Neither give place to the devil.

28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Romans 15:6
    That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. 2 Corinthians 13:11
    Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
  3. Philippians 1:27
    Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mindstriving together for the faith of the gospel;
  4. Philippians 2:2
    Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you unable to give credence

The word of God came unto John...

how? By the Bible alone? The word of God is not limited to scripture alone

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your definition/understanding of the Church that you keep referring to?

I think you are twisting the true meaning of Bible Alone/Sola Scriptura. Just like the modern govt has twisted the original meaning of Separation of Church and State in the U.S. Constitution; along with many other things.

The Bible is the only thing left in this world for a True Christian to stand upon. It is attacked daily from all sides. If it were of no consequence, this would not be the case.

The old nursery saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"? One of the biggest lies ever to be foisted upon mankind.

Corrected version, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but WORDS are the most destructive weapon known to man."

Words have power ... great power.

The govts of the world are well aware of this. And the Bible is, and always has been, the biggest, most immovable, obstacle to their agendas, power and control over society.

"It is impossible to socially or mentally enslave a Bible-reading people." -Horace Greeley

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your answer is, in fact, Sola Scriptura. I will let you ponder the evidence in your own answer.

it may have been recorded later by Luke but when it came unto John it was the word of God but not scripture

Lk 24:25

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it may have been recorded later by Luke but when it came unto John it was the word of God but not scripture

When God spoke to John it immediately became Scripture just as John told us by recording what God told him = Scripture.
The Word of God became flesh = the Lord Jesus Christ = which became Scripture = which is the Word of God = which is Scripture = Sola Scriptura.

Sola Scriptura - where idols are crushed to dust, where religion dies, where men are made ALIVE and God is Glorified.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your definition/understanding of the Church that you keep referring to?

The communion of saints united to Christ by the valid bishops of the holy church

all sects cults heretics, schismatics, jews, Muslims, apostates etc are outside the holy church

I think you are twisting the true meaning of Bible Alone/Sola Scriptura. Just like the modern govt has twisted the original meaning of Separation of Church and State in the U.S. Constitution; along with many other things.

The Bible is the only thing left in this world for a True Christian to stand upon. It is attacked daily from all sides. If it were of no consequence, this would not be the case.

the Bible yes the Bible alone with a personal interpretation no

Faith and sacraments
Scripture and tradition (teaching authority of the apostles)

The old nursery saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"? One of the biggest lies ever to be foisted upon mankind.

Corrected version, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but WORDS are the most destructive weapon known to man."

Words have power ... great power.

The govts of the world are well aware of this. And the Bible is, and always has been, the biggest, most immovable, obstacle to their agendas, power and control over society.

"It is impossible to socially or mentally enslave a Bible-reading people." -Horace Greeley

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thanks, i will check it - have to leave now - will be back later - Peace to You and Understanding - AMEN

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God spoke to John it immediately became Scripture just as John told us by recording what God told him = Scripture.
The Word of God became flesh = the Lord Jesus Christ = which became Scripture = which is the Word of God = which is Scripture = Sola Scriptura.

Sola Scriptura - where idols are crushed to dust, where religion dies, where men are made ALIVE and God is Glorified.

where error and decisions occur

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The word of God came unto John...

how? By the Bible alone? The word of God is not limited to scripture alone

Off on a tangent.
The Word of God came unto John....YES!
John WROTE the Word of God that came unto John...YES!
What John WROTE IS IN the Bible....YES!

So try to stay on point....
Has God personally TALKED TO YOU?
IF SO, DO YOU THINK THAT OKAY, to INCLUDE IN the Bible?
IF NOT, DO YOU THINK anyone PREACHING, claiming IT IS SCRIPTURE, but it is NOT...
IS OKAY?

Luther demanded a council of the church to decide on his doctrines

Luther leveled charges against the church of teaching BEYOND Scripture, as IF it was Scripture.

The church agreed held a council and condemned all his doctrines

Actually the church IGNORED him.... UNTIL...the public joined in and ALSO wanted the church to RESPOND to the charges.

THEN...was Luther given an audience of the church. The church simply DENIED the charges.
Many men Gave Money AND Labored to build Peter's Bascilla...IN EXCHANGE FOR FORGIVENESS OF THEIR SINS, that the church Offered .... and GAVE...to those who trusted the church's offer.
* Notice, the church counsil did not take the testimony of such men.
* Be honest. The church wasn't.

So you’re saying you agree with the holy apostolic council of Trent?

Search my posts, what I HAVE SAID, if you are wondering what I believe or agree with.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these are half truths and accusations having no basis in reality

only Christ has authority to found the church Matt 16:18

eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27 Neither give place to the devil.

28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

LOL...request...

Response....A LIST OF SCRIPTURES...that none address the questions.

Not surprised.

Reactions: David in NJ