Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:4-5, "But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even though we were dead in offenses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you are saved!" NET

If you used a good, modern translation you wouldn't need to ask this question.

how are we quickend or made Us alive “with” him?

how are we united with Him?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NET?

Garbage.

In your mind, perhaps. Your declaring it to be "garbage" doesn't make it so. It just shows how closed your mind is to excellent Biblical scholarship. And you call yourself "truther"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your mind, perhaps. Your declaring it to be "garbage" doesn't make it so. It just shows how closed your mind is to excellent Biblical scholarship. And you call yourself "truther"?
Gotta be careful what we open our minds to.

Lotsa garbage can fill it, ya know.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta be careful what we open our minds to.

Lotsa garbage can fill it, ya know.

Well, you should know! You call modern translations "garbage". That just shows that your mind is closed; a true Pharisee!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you should know! You call modern translations "garbage". That just shows that your mind is closed; a true Pharisee!
I cannot open my mind to modern versions because they all say something different.

I cannot open my mind to fake news..

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot open my mind to modern versions because they all say something different.

Every translation says something different. That's why there are separate translations. Duh!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every translation says something different. That's why there are separate translations. Duh!
The pure word of God says something different per translation?

How would YOU feel if we, here, re-translated every post of yours?

Would you be furious?

So is God, no doubt.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pure word of God says something different per translation?

How would YOU feel if we, here, re-translated every post of yours?

Would you be furious?

So is God, no doubt.

There is no "pure word of God". a) The original texts don't exist. The surviving texts are copies that differ from each other. b) No translation can be called the pure Word of God because the destination language differs in vocabulary, grammar, syntax, cultural understanding, etc. If you're implying that the King James Version is the "pure word of God" you are clearly delusional.

How would you "re-translate" -- whatever that means -- my posts? I write in conventional modern English, so what language would you "re-translate" my posts into?

God is furious because His words are translated into English? How delusional can you get?

And you call yourself "Truther"?????

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You cannot open your mind, period.

I can't open my mind to fake news either. (BTW, that's a propaganda phrase made up by Donald Trump to justify his distortion of the truth.)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "pure word of God". a) The original texts don't exist. The surviving texts are copies that differ from each other. b) No translation can be called the pure Word of God because the destination language differs in vocabulary, grammar, syntax, cultural understanding, etc. If you're implying that the King James Version is the "pure word of God" you are clearly delusional.

How would you "re-translate" -- whatever that means -- my posts? I write in conventional modern English, so what language would you "re-translate" my posts into?

God is furious because His words are translated into English? How delusional can you get?

And you call yourself "Truther"?????
Ick!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot open your mind, period.

I can't open my mind to fake news either. (BTW, that's a propaganda phrase made up by Donald Trump to justify his distortion of the truth.)
Fake news has been around since the garden of Eden.

Trump did not make it up.

Opening up the mind to fake news got Adam and Eve in their(our) mess.

Modern Bibles are fake news.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fake news has been around since the garden of Eden.

Trump did not make it up.

Opening up the mind to fake news got Adam and Eve in their(our) mess.

Modern Bibles are fake news.

Point #4: how exactly are modern Bibles fake news? Be specific!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are the same arguments used by Muslims against the Word of God Jim. the fact is the word of God is the most authenticated and true rendering of the word of God and we as believers have the Spirit of truth which confirms and protects the word of God and its truthfulness. Me thinks this is where your issue lies, you have not had the Spirit of Truth confirm the truthfulness of the word of God and you are merely using your own intellectual prowess, which can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of the word of God, and hence your confusion over the said topic and skepticism.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point #4: how exactly are modern Bibles fake news? Be specific!
They are all forced to say over 10% different from each other by copyright law, causing a difference of about 50,000 word changes. Times that by dozens of versions.
No book in the world has been rewritten like that, nor would it have a speck of originality..