BIBLE GOSPELS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What verse says they went into the world....Galatians 2:9 says they gave up going to the Gentiles as commanded.
No it doesn't

Once again...What verse says the church was to go into the world in place of the twelve apostles
The apostles, the Twelve are he leaders of the Church. I gave you the verses.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing there says that you can apply anything you read in scripture to yourself. It all depends on the context and who was being addressed..
I simply disagree with you.

Apparently what the Lord speaks to me through certain scriptures, He does not also speak to you.

Perhaps because you do not want to believe in the application in question.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I simply disagree with you.

Apparently what the Lord speaks to me through certain scriptures, He does not also speak to you.

Perhaps because you do not want to believe in the application in question.

Would you like me to explain why I think you are incorrect to think that the passages you referred to do not apply to you?
Or do you just want to on believing that they do?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like me to explain why I think you are incorrect to think that the passages you referred to do not apply to you?
Or do you just want to on believing that they do?
By all means, share your opinion.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By all means, share your opinion.

OK, perhaps we can have a discussion on this.
You said "I consider that 1 John 2:20 is written to me, yes. Also John 16:13."

First do you actually mean 1John 2:20?
It is a rather ambiguous verse and means different things in different translations.
For example the NRSV says "all of you have knowledge" - which true. We all have some knowledge, so the verse is meaningless.
The KJV says "ye know all things" which is untrue. Nobody knows "all things".

So can I ask what you think it says, or do you really mean vs 27 (which is what most people quote) "but the anointing which you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that any one should teach you; as his anointing teaches you about everything".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV says "ye know all things" which is untrue. Nobody knows "all things".

It is not untrue. it is qualified by what is written in the next verse:

1Jo 2:21, I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

What it means is that when we hear anything being presented to us as a fact, if we have the unction of the Holy Ghost, we can discern whether that thing is the truth or a lie. We know the truth instinctively. Every tidbit of information, when it is presented to us, we know whether it is true or false, instinctively, through the discerning power of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I didn't.
Firstly you need to recognise that Paul is wring letters to people to address disputes and errors that have arisen. He is not writing a theological manual.
This is what you said, but maybe I was wrong about what you were saying...that is not all he wrote about....is that what you were saying?

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it doesn't

The apostles, the Twelve are he leaders of the Church. I gave you the verses.
In Galatians 2:9 the apostles said they would go to the Jews and not the Gentiles, which would be contrary to their "commission" to go unto the world

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing there says that you can apply anything you read in scripture to yourself. It all depends on the context and who was being addressed..
Otherwise, we should all be building Arks!

:confused:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Pe 1:3, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4, Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Heb 11:33, Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

2Co 1:20, For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Rom 4:20, He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21, And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22, And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly you need to recognise that Paul is wring letters to people to address disputes and errors that have arisen. He is not writing a theological manual.
This is what you said, but maybe I was wrong about what you were saying...that is not all he wrote about....is that what you were saying?

Yes, he wrote words of encouragement and to Timothy and Titus he wrote instructions about their missions. But basically he wrote concerning disputes and errors. The important point i was trying to make is that he was not writing a theology manual.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Galatians 2:9 the apostles said they would go to the Jews and not the Gentiles, which would be contrary to their "commission" to go unto the world

The twelve went to the Gentiles.
Paul went first to the Jews and then to the Gentiles.
Trying to separate their roles is not Biblical.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is not untrue. it is qualified by what is written in the next verse:

1Jo 2:21, I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

What it means is that when we hear anything being presented to us as a fact, if we have the unction of the Holy Ghost, we can discern whether that thing is the truth or a lie. We know the truth instinctively. Every tidbit of information, when it is presented to us, we know whether it is true or false, instinctively, through the discerning power of the Holy Ghost.
"if," the biggest word in our lexicon, eh

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The epistle of Paul to the Romans is the most concise theology manual ever written...