Bible not coming "alive" to me anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO

DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THIS POSTER @friendof.

I implore you to seek God in prayer and his word. Psalms is a beautiful book of poetry by David,a Mann after God's own heart.
It will lift and encourage you.
I am also here to listen and encourage you as are many true believers.

Jw is a cult!

I am one of Jehovah's witnesses 3, do you have any questions about my faith, I will be glad to address your concerns. Were you aware that all religious organizations are cults?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses 3, do you have any questions about my faith, I will be glad to address your concerns. Were you aware that all religious organizations are cults?

What is your definition of a cult? It is not a synonym for a religious organization.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your definition of a cult? It is not a synonym for a religious organization.

IMO....MY definition of cult is any person or persons that indroctrinates another through deception and false ideations and that lifts up man made creeds and doctrines in opposition of God's word. Those that coerce, manipulate and control others by violence,lies,and deceptions.
Any person or organization can be a cult,JW,Mormons,Moon sun yung, Jim Jones,Charles Manson,ect ect.

Reactions: Goldie75

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol I thought you were talking to me,I have that one on ignore....sorry

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
IMO....MY definition of cult is any person or persons that indroctrinates another through deception and false ideations and that lifts up man made creeds and doctrines in opposition of God's word. Those that coerce, manipulate and control others by violence,lies,and deceptions.
Any person or organization can be a cult,JW,Mormons,Moon sun yung, Jim Jones,Charles Manson,ect ect.
Sometimes the behaviour of a cult may seem more passive, but if the basic doctrine about the Lord Jesus is unsound, then it is a misleading, cultist group.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the behaviour of a cult may seem more passive, but if the basic doctrine about the Lord Jesus is unsound, then it is a misleading, cultist group.

I agree.
The enemy is subtle and doesn't always act like a maniac.....lol
Ppl are seeking and are easy prey for smooth talkers, sometimes it is too late when they really see.
Scientology is really being exposed recently after years of being shrouded.
Jesus said the hidden would be brought to light and the shadows and darkness would be exposed!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree.
Ppl are seeking and are easy prey for smooth talkers, sometimes it is too late when they really see.
Jesus said the hidden would be brought to light and the shadows and darkness would be exposed!
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d You are right about smooth talkers. We are looking at James's Epistle and there is a lot of warning about unsound words there.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No sir it is the definition actually. What is a cult?:
1. Compton’s dictionary defines cult as: 1 :formal religious veneration 2 :a religious system 3 :a faddish devotion; also :a group of persons showing such devotion.

2. Funk & Wagnalls dictionary: 1. A system of religious rites and observances.
2. Zealous devotion to a person, ideal, or thing. 3. The object of this devotion.
4. The followers of a cult. [< colere to cultivate, worship]

3. Webster’s dictionary: A system of belief and worship; a subject of devoted study.

4. Readers Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary: A system of religious rites and observances: the cult of Aphrodite. 2. Zealous devotion to a person, ideal or thing.
3. The object of this devotion. 4. The followers of a cult; a sect. Syn. See Religion.

5. American college dictionary: 1. A particular system of religious worship esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies. 2. An instance of almost religious veneration for a person or thing esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: a cult of napoleon.
3. The object of such devotion 4. Sociol. A group having an exclusive sacred ideology and a series of rites centered around their sacred symbols; worship.

6. World book dictionary: 1. A particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies. 2. Great admiration for a person, thing, idea: worship. 3. A group showing such admiration; worshipers.

Are Jehovah’s witnesses a cult?
1. What do you say when someone asks you what your religion is?
Jehovah’s witnesses. (Which dictionaries does this fit? 1 2 3 4 5 6)

2. So then we are an organized system of religion? Yes, see tape: organization behind the name (1 2 3 4 5 6)

3. Would you say we have a zealous devotion to Jehovah? Yes, Ex. 20:5 (1 2 3 4 5)

4. Do we have rites and observances? Yes, the annual memorial of Jesus’ death, 5 weekly meetings that are consistent. (1 2 4 5 6)

5. Do we have a group of followers? Yes over 8,000,000 active. (1 2 4 6)

6. Do we worship? Of course we worship Jehovah exclusively (2 5 6)

So as you can see Jim, by definition we are a cult. A very dedicated one in truth. We live our lives by the faith sir. The poster through his bigotry and ignorance tried to hurt me and those of my faith, but in reality he helped to make known how dedicated we are to our God Jehovah. It is best however when someone disagrees in religious topics to reason with the Bible as to why one is on the wrong road, not by making slanderous, biased and ignorant accusations. Thank you sir, for approaching it logically and asking for evidence, that is appreciated not only by me, but no doubt God as well.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d You are right about smooth talkers. We are looking at James's Epistle and there is a lot of warning about unsound words there.
And do you suppose that the logic of men alone will enable us to correctly separate the tares from the wheat? They look so much alike. Jesus says:

"He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matt 13:28-30

And then again are we sheep always recognizing his voice or are we paying attention to strangers from whom we should be hearing... nothing at all?

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i first got saved and started reading the bible, it was so incredible. It was as if every passage spoke out to me. It was like I received messages straight from God and it was like this constantly. But now it's not like that anymore. What can I do? I probably sinned very badly because now the bible doesn't speak to me in that same intimate way. I've tried a lot to change this but it just doesn't. Does this mean the Spirit has left me?
Precious friend, sad to hear this, as The Word, as I see IT, Is An
Inexhaustible Mine Of Precious Gems. I will pray for you, and
hope this little study will be helpful, as we learn more of the
Wonderful Eternally Indwelling Holy Spirit. Amen?:

GRACE Word For our infirmities!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Be careful to not lean on your feelings nor your own understanding. You will waver like the wind every time your feelings change. I used to lean on my own understanding, and it led me straight to condemnation all the time. Talk about mental torture.

Lean on Jesus Christ alone, and you will stay firmly rooted in the most secure foundation there is. Then you shouldn't be concerned about whether the Spirit is leaving you, because you are already fixated on Christ, and that is Salvation.

Keep bringing your issues to God, who is more present and infinitely greater than us all. We should all be directing you back to God.
@Rudometkin Reminds me of Proverbs 3.5-6:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i first got saved and started reading the bible, it was so incredible. It was as if every passage spoke out to me. It was like I received messages straight from God and it was like this constantly. But now it's not like that anymore. What can I do? I probably sinned very badly because now the bible doesn't speak to me in that same intimate way. I've tried a lot to change this but it just doesn't. Does this mean the Spirit has left me?
Remember the purpose of the Bible is to connect you to God, so maybe you need to do a better job of connecting with God. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to pray constantly. Maybe start there.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember the purpose of the Bible is to connect you to God, so maybe you need to do a better job of connecting with God. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to pray constantly. Maybe start there.

I'm not good at praying anymore. I try but I keep repeating myself and lack words

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not good at praying anymore. I try but I keep repeating myself and lack words
I think you are looking at prayer the wrong way. Paul tells us to pray constantly, so we should always be talking with the Lord. Treat him like a friend, but remember he's boss (because he knows what's best for us and loves us).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Prayer and the Scriptures should go hand in hand...Romans 8 speaks of the believer crying Abba, Father...

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some days I have to trust this one:

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words (Romans 8:26)

MarriedCouple

Mar 26, 2022
NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The spirit you have only after became New Being. Which also means you are born Again.
This have nothing to do with sinning or not sinning. Salvation can't be lost either. But if you repent you will be forgiven.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some days I have to trust this one:

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words (Romans 8:26)

Right now I'm just lying in my room, waiting on God. Being still. Knowing He is God. Trying to hear from Him. Waiting. I guess that's a type of prayer?

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The spirit you have only after became New Being. Which also means you are born Again.
This have nothing to do with sinning or not sinning. Salvation can't be lost either. But if you repent you will be forgiven.

Thanks man. It's been my duty to uproot and defeat sin in my life. I am still striving to overcome

Reactions: Nancy