Bible software recommendation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but I use the YouVersion Bible app on my phone. It's pretty good, lets you choose from a bunch of different versions if you want and you can highlight verses, there's audio if you want to listen to it, pretty cool app.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What bible softwares are you using and why do you recommend them?
I like TheWord (theword.net). It's free and has a lot of free modules. It also has a lot of modules you can buy if you want to. Sometimes it can be a little confusing if you aren't tech-savvy; but the folks in the support forum are knowledgeable and helpful. I also like the look of it a lot better than E-Sword.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use Biblegateway because it has just about every translation there is.

I use Blue Letter Bible because it also has the Hebrew and Greek, which I find useful.

NETBible is useful mainly for the translators' notes which explain WHY their translators translated the way they did, and what the alternatives are.

I also have a CD-based John MacArthur study bible program, which I got for Johnny Mac's commentary, but for reasons I won't get into, I don't use it anymore.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl