Bible Study Tools

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised to hear that. I copy and paste from Bible Hub all the time. Here's an example:

New International Version
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
New Living Translation
English Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
New American Standard Bible
King James Bible
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
International Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the universe.
NET Bible
GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the beginning God created heaven and earth.
Jubilee Bible 2000
King James 2000 Bible
American King James Version
American Standard Version
Douay-Rheims Bible
In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.
Darby Bible Translation
English Revised Version
Webster's Bible Translation
World English Bible
Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --

It won't let me. For whatever reason it will not allow the copy option. Not sure why.

D

Dave L

Would appreciate direction to on-line study tools. Maybe some of your favorites. Thank you all in advance.
Blessings
There is nothing that compares to reading through the bible once a year. A great resource for that is Footsteps Through the Bible: A 52-Week Chronological Reading Plan and Study Reference

Many free bible reading systems help too. I'm using M’CHEYNE BIBLE READING PLAN this year.

Also depending on $$$ Logos 8 is a great bible and theological library collection. Or Online Bible, a free program that works marvelously.

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is nothing that compares to reading through the bible once a year. A great resource for that is Footsteps Through the Bible: A 52-Week Chronological Reading Plan and Study Reference

Many free bible reading systems help too. I'm using M’CHEYNE BIBLE READING PLAN this year.

Also depending on $$$ Logos 8 is a great bible and theological library collection. Or Online Bible, a free program that works marvelously.
Yes,it's good to read a balance of Old and New Testament passages consecutively. :)

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Acolyte So how is the Bible study going?

My studies are moving slower than I'd like.. praying for discernment and understanding.
Sometimes I move on without really getting the feeling I understand. Then it wears on me.
I'd like to see a forum (just one) that everyone agrees on. What would it be? Maybe that Father loved us so much, He gave His only begotten Son that we might be saved and glory in HIS name.
I pray I will find the understanding so many here seem to have.. as we walk this path, maybe to focus on that which we agree, instead of disagree.
I don't know all the "labels" (dispies, preterists, etc.), and from what I've read here, I'm glad I dont. They seem to cause strife. Not worthy to comment on most boards because I'm not as informed, and I won't speak against someones beliefs.
Thank you for asking. Lol I have found most most of these sites helpful. A few do not work on mobile, but I expected that.
Blessings for the new year and a closer walk with our Father. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My studies are moving slower than I'd like.. praying for discernment and understanding.
Sometimes I move on without really getting the feeling I understand. Then it wears on me.
I'd like to see a forum (just one) that everyone agrees on. What would it be? Maybe that Father loved us so much, He gave His only begotten Son that we might be saved and glory in HIS name.
I pray I will find the understanding so many here seem to have.. as we walk this path, maybe to focus on that which we agree, instead of disagree.
I don't know all the "labels" (dispies, preterists, etc.), and from what I've read here, I'm glad I dont. They seem to cause strife. Not worthy to comment on most boards because I'm not as informed, and I won't speak against someones beliefs.
Thank you for asking. Lol I have found most most of these sites helpful. A few do not work on mobile, but I expected that.
Blessings for the new year and a closer walk with our Father. :)
Happy new year to you also!

As we get into the Word, inevitably there will be some aspects of interpretation that will focus on our individual interpretation rather than some supposed hierarchy imposing its uniform will on everyone: it's an individual responsibility prayerfully to seek the mind of God.

Yes, there are various Bible helps about for study purposes; some of them very useful!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblesoft has FREE Bible study software OneTouch which one can download from their website. It includes several Bible versions, classic Bible study tools like a Strong's, etc., commentaries, etc., maps, etc., and I think a Greek/Hebrew Interlinear Bible of the actual manuscripts.

Reactions: Tims

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been developing a Bible search engine as a hobby project of mine, and now it is finally starting to get ready. I would like to introduce it to you, and ask for comments about it:
I like it. I can see that it could be useful when you're struggling to find a particular verse, when the words used differ in different translations, e.g. I was trying to remember where it mentions excluding someone from the church (excommunicating) but I couldn't remember the phrase used, so I searched for "exclude" and that found the verse I was looking for - 1 Corinthians 5:2 :

WEB - (2) You are arrogant, and didn’t mourn instead, that he who had done this deed might be removed from among you.
KJV - (2) And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

It uses "exclude" in the FBV:

You are so proud of yourselves! Shouldn't you have wept with sadness, and excluded the man who did this?​

Reactions: Tims