Bible Verse of the Day - February 27, 2021

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yall are just a few on here that have deeply encouraged me in my faith. I want yall to know I am grateful for yall and thankful to see how God uses yall to reach others.
Just keep on trusting in God sister and teaching those two little ones the same.

I really do wish that more forum members spent even half as much time trying to encourage others as they do trying to win so many unwinnable [by them] arguments in controversial discussions!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just keep on trusting in God sister and teaching those two little ones the same.

I really do wish that more forum members spent even half as much time trying to encourage others as they do trying to win so many unwinnable [by them] arguments in controversial discussions!

I'm getting better at it, John. :) The trouble is, they don't always accept encouragement. When they dislike your doctrine, many times they ignore your blessings and go straight to telling you why you're going to Hell, LoL.

But I try. As teachers go, I disagree with Behold maybe more than most, but I acknowledged him the other day anyway, and told him that I do consider him as a teacher in Christ. No one devotes that much time to it unless they are. You just hope for people that they can do a responsible job of it, for their own sakes as well as others.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm getting better at it, John. :) The trouble is, they don't always accept encouragement. When they dislike your doctrine, many times they ignore your blessings and go straight to telling you why you're going to Hell, LoL.

But I try. As teachers go, I disagree with Behold maybe more than most, but I acknowledged him the other day anyway, and told him that I do consider him as a teacher in Christ. No one devotes that much time to it unless they are. You just hope for people that they can do a responsible job of it, for their own sakes as well as others.
I hear you my friend! It can be very difficult to always bite your tongue.

Sometimes people we disagree with on this or that, do nevertheless accomplish good work for God. Jesus' own disciples warned Him against one not following them but see here his response:

"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part." Mark 9:39-40

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you my friend! It can be very difficult to always bite your tongue.

Sometimes people we disagree with on this or that, do nevertheless accomplish good work for God. Jesus' own disciples warned Him against one not following them but see here his response:

"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part." Mark 9:39-40

Indeed. I think for me the truly difficult thing to withstand is when they stop discussing the word with you during a talk on doctrine. That says dishonesty to me, as if they don't want the scriptures themselves to be discussed unless it paints their position in a favorable light. I know I can be a stronger than average debater sometimes, but I am honestly trying to just get to the truth with people, and there have been several times (one time just recently with Charity) where I openly acknowledged that I was wrong on something and just changed my opinion.

Why is that such a hard thing to do for people? If they were honestly searching for the truth, it should be natural. But instead I am one of the rare few on forums that I have ever seen do it. It strikes me that many don't actually care about finding the truth, and after you've wasted pages discussing things with them sometimes. It deserves a rebuke. I just have to be careful, because that one thing in particular has this way of bringing out the worst in me, and I wanna jump on them like a tiger and ride them for about fifty feet by their face, LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think encouraging and inspiring are more important than arguing or discussing. Sharing personal testimony of what God is doing in our lives will bless people more than knowledge or cleverness. Thanks @Mayflower.

You might actually be right about this, Pearl.

Unfortunately, there is also the dirty work of correcting people whenever it is deemed absolutely necessary (2 Timothy 3:16).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. I think for me the truly difficult thing to withstand is when they stop discussing the word with you during a talk on doctrine. That says dishonesty to me, as if they don't want the scriptures themselves to be discussed unless it paints their position in a favorable light. I know I can be a stronger than average debater sometimes, but I am honestly trying to just get to the truth with people, and there have been several times (one time just recently with Charity) where I openly acknowledged that I was wrong on something and just changed my opinion.

Why is that such a hard thing to do for people? If they were honestly searching for the truth, it should be natural. But instead I am one of the rare few on forums that I have ever seen do it. It strikes me that many don't actually care about finding the truth, and after you've wasted pages discussing things with them sometimes. It deserves a rebuke. I just have to be careful, because that one thing in particular has this way of bringing out the worst in me, and I wanna jump on them like a tiger and ride them for about fifty feet by their face, LoL.
You are speaking about the beast which is in each man. Anyone who really loves God and loves his neighbors should be striving to kill that beastly nature in himself.

It is one of those impossible things... for you and for me as well as for the other guy. For God it most certainly is possible, but He has made it so that He will only help us in this IF we sincerely ask Him and surrender to Him.

None of us want to admit that we are or even that we might be wrong. This is so sometimes even when we are confronted a witness from God Himself. We have already decided... therefore leave us alone with our decision. This is where @bbyd009 might jump in with a comment about the pursuit of "death more abundantly".

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, there is also the dirty work of correcting people whenever it is deemed absolutely necessary (2 Timothy 3:16).
Yes, but some people don't like to be told that they may be wrong and some get very nasty about it.

There is obviously a need for both but the 'correcting' needs to be done in the right way - gently and with love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we must do both . out of great love for the lambs if error is spotted it must be corrected and done so quickly .
Just as GOD corrects those he does love so too by HIS SPIRIT we would correct any who does err .
We are living in the most deceptive times . And due to a false sensual love many are becoming
very quick to not correct anything , THINKING they are doing what is best for others . BUT NO . THIS will only leaven
the flocks . IF we truly love , then we would truly correct . FOR as GOD desires none to perish , we ought to desire none to perish .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking about the beast which is in each man. Anyone who really loves God and loves his neighbors should be striving to kill that beastly nature in himself.

It is one of those impossible things... for you and for me as well as for the other guy. For God it most certainly is possible, but He has made it so that He will only help us in this IF we sincerely ask Him and surrender to Him.

Yes. I'm embarking on another fast, so we'll see what that does for me. :cool:
None of us want to admit that we are or even that we might be wrong. This is so sometimes even when we are confronted a witness from God Himself. We have already decided... therefore leave us alone with our decision. This is where @bbyd009 might jump in with a comment about the pursuit of "death more abundantly".

LoL.
Yes, but some people don't like to be told that they may be wrong and some get very nasty about it.

A few, yes. LoL.

I think many join forums already having an established ministry in teaching others in various formats. Some are pastors or former pastors. Others (many actually) have their own websites and followings that they may invite here. Others are part of other forums - or are leading them - and have a specific doctrinal slant they are peddling going in.

In other words, they are already committed to a view, and will immediately go on the defensive if someone starts casting real doubt on what they are saying. I think that can be a real problem around here, because you will be presented with things you've not seen before. I think many come in thinking they have seen it all, and they can counter any argument, only to find out that they are getting left out to dry and blowing in the wind.

They're just not open, and that in and of itself gets exposed... but Amadeus has always been a good example to me, so maybe as I get older I won't get quite as tempted to lose patience with people.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our hour of persecution is truly at the door . I dont think most realize just what this HR five bill , or SGB as i call it
really entails . They say its about equality . NO , its not about equality at all , nor is social justice .
THIS IS simply about silencing the voice of truth forever . THIS law , if the senate passes it
WILL rush persecution RIGHT in upon us . I found a wonderful message from the persecuted churches .
I will try and bring it . ITS COMING for us too . And we must not fear man , nor fear to suffer any loss .
March on my friends , march on IN THE LORD . JESUS was with paul , james , peter and them
even at the hour of their death , HE was WITH THEM . The time of relative peace here in the west IS OVER .
PERSECUTOINS will come . And we must be ready . Which means i invite us all to reread all those examples
in the bible . Learn that well . Cause our hour of persecution will be upon us sooner than most think .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister , have you had a chance to peek at it yet . You are loved sister . LET the GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED .

No, I still need too. I spaced. Ill see if I can figure out the closed captioning and take a look tonight. I have to do videos on mute at night. :rolleyes: