Bible Verse of the Day - May 16, 2021

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
downloadfile.jpg

I have always felt called by God in ministry... Children's ministry has really helped fill some of that longing, but God calls me deeper still I believe. Starts with my husband and kids I believe. Bless you DBV. So grateful all believers are called by God in fulfilling a special purpose.

Reactions: Daily Bible Verse

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please watch and share your own thoughts.

May God Bless You With Joy, Peace, Happiness.

One of those verses that unequivocally teaches the early church was fasting, especially the prophets:

1 Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. (Acts 13:1-3).

These types of texts should be a call for those who believe in the spiritual gifts to be fasting and praying as well. What a shame that if you bring up either fasting or the gifts that some Christians will balk, as if one is no longer something Christians are called to do, and the other as something that passed away with the apostles.

Maybe the reason the church has stopped seeing so much of the gifts is because the church stopped engaging in fasting and prayer.