Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not know why you cannot move on. I have already told you the post does not exist. You are making stuff up. You seem to be obsessed with hatred for me, Anthony.
John, Enough is enough. This thread is not supposed to be about a personal squabble between two individuals, so why not remove yourself from it altogether?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Himself spoke in parables.

Isn't it interesting that we grow up reading those parables as if they should be plain to everyone. They were given out in the open in the language and culture of the first century Jew. But even the Disciples needed an explanation.

I suppose a lot is hindsight and the benefit of the New Testament, but some of the parables (you would think) would have resonated without explanation.

I believe that the larger issue (the reason it was hidden) is that biblical truth is so counter to the way that we would have things (it is not "human wisdom").
And, there is also the fact that we all have had others (beginning in our formative years, with adults who we believed honestly DID know everything) very carefully "explaining" the meaning (often their denomination's meaning) of each of the parables. The Apostles had only themselves to rely upon if they didn't ask Jesus for more clarification.

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the apostles do seem particularly dense at times, huh? Dunno if our hindsight or what? Fishermen were then much as they are today i guess, tho...hmm
The problem is today the "fishermen" want to talk more about fishing rather than actually fish.

They look at the guys in the boat and say "that's a poor boat, they'll never catch good fish". Or they look at the nets and say "look at all those places that need mending". Sometimes they send a few people out to fish. But they typically stay safe on the shore.

Reactions: bbyrd009

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John, Enough is enough. This thread is not supposed to be about a personal squabble between two individuals, so why not remove yourself from it altogether?
You are right. It is difficult for me to ignore some things but I need to remember the persecution of Christ.

Who am I that I should take offence that someone lies about me? I am no one. My objection is my pride.

I'll ignore the accusation and leave it up to the staff. Just catch me if I start drifting back into the romper room (you or @Willie T shoot me a pm telling me not to be stupid).

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It is also troubling that someone is able to make accusations about someone's character that are not verifiable. I should bring it up with the other staff, and another rule may be needed. But rules only serve to conceal the animosity that Christians shouldn't be having in the first place. Whoever is lying should know that they are in danger of condemnation, count on it like you would a promise from God.

Until then, the boards are run by the same software and here I know nothing is ever truly deleted. There is a history for everything, even edits. So it is verifiable if I know exactly where to look. So I wait for an exact location, then I'll figure out who to go to for verification.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is also troubling that someone is able to make accusations about someone's character that are not verifiable. I should bring it up with the other staff, and another rule may be needed. But rules only serve to conceal the animosity that Christians shouldn't be having in the first place. Whoever is lying should know that they are in danger of condemnation, count on it like you would a promise from God.

Until then, the boards are run by the same software and here I know nothing is ever truly deleted. There is a history for everything, even edits. So it is verifiable if I know exactly where to look. So I wait for an exact location, then I'll figure out who to go to for verification.
The whole issue is nonsense and has no part in the life of the believer (either @Anthony D'Arienzo 's accusation or my calling it out as false). It does not matter that I have offended Anthony (I have no doubt I’ve offended him, and no doubt I've insulted him in the past...probably more than once) and it does not matter that @Anthony D'Arienzo has offended me with his false accusations. I am not that important.

Ephesians 4:30-32 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The problem is today the "fishermen" want to talk more about fishing rather than actually fish.

They look at the guys in the boat and say "that's a poor boat, they'll never catch good fish". Or they look at the nets and say "look at all those places that need mending". Sometimes they send a few people out to fish. But they typically stay safe on the shore.
I remarked today that we spend more time on what we don’t want than what we want yup

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe so as to provide a template for our walk, wherein we as "believers" are, generally speaking, expecting to get rewarded for something we should be doing anyway, right? And in this case my response to "Why did they do that" would be "bc that is exactly what we are going to do, and there is no choice in the matter, ergo 'why' becomes moot."

so, not saying i know this, but it came to me um in the time when my best answers come, when i am asleep lol
I see love in it. They loved their children. Even if they couldn't enter the Land of Promise, their children could . . . if they continued to follow the Pillar. Who among us would be willing to spend the rest of our lives like that? When Paul says that all Israel will be saved, I say, "Good." This is how the elect should act if they fall for a while.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JIsn't it interesting that we grow up reading those parables as if they should be plain to everyone. They were given out in the open in the language and culture of the first century Jew. But even the Disciples needed an explanation.

I suppose a lot is hindsight and the benefit of the New Testament, but some of the parables (you would think) would have resonated without explanation.
I ask myself I am smarter than the disciples. Although we have explanations given in the Bible, do we understand them even today? Perhaps the disciples were clever to know when they didn't understand them.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask myself I am smarter than the disciples. Although we have explanations given in the Bible, do we understand them even today? Perhaps the disciples were clever to know when they didn't understand them.
Sometimes I think we get so preoccupied with what Scripture does not plainly say that we ignore what it does.

The Apostles (and the early church) were about living their faith. That, IMHO, is the biggest difference. Instead of arguing about the definition of foreknowledge, or what God was thinking, they were living and dying for their faith.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think we get so preoccupied with what Scripture does not plainly say that we ignore what it does.

The Apostles (and the early church) were about living their faith. That, IMHO, is the biggest difference. Instead of arguing about the definition of foreknowledge, or what God was thinking, they were living and dying for their faith.
I agree. Acting on the things we know for sure is the thing. Holding fast to the things we were given and know for sure. If we are faithful in such things, perhaps "bigger" things will become clearer.

It reminds of the story about the dog with the bone when he saw his reflection in the water. Going after the imaginary bone, he dropped the one he had.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Forrest
I started a thread called Apostolic uniqness

Forrest
You can verify much of what I have said about him by looking up a thread I started there on Apostolic Uniqueness...by post 41 he twisted it saying I did not believe in the work of the Spirit.
In post 41 I list things he posted that I never said by he posted that I did. That post is not hidden.
There are many more like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo ,

To settle the issue, I have submitted the post to the administration here. As soon as you said "green smiley" I knew which post you were talking about. Now, let's just leave it to the staff here and leave the BB on the BB.

I do not discuss issues on the BB (this was a new years resolution, although I slipped up after 4 months). But as you probably have noticed over the past few months, I have not been entering into many discussions on the forum. That is why I came here - to discuss topics that interest me.

Leave the BB on the BB and respect this forum.

John

That does not settle anything.you are trying to avoid the post and thread that would shed.light on this.i will give forrest the name of it when I can see My page. You know what thread is in question.
He who covers sin shall not prosper.you are covering your sin by attempting to portray me as the bad guy....

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The post (you said the one with the "green smikey" ) was never deleted. I know the post because you made such a big deal of it on the BB.

Just like @SovereignGrace did yesterday, I posted a comment and thought it was too flamming so I edited my own post (@SovereignGrace deleted his to WillieT). You had a meltdown. So the post was restored to it's original content to pacify you.

Like the Admin team told you - yours was a false accusation. My post was, they decided, pushing things as evidenced by my decision to edit my post. But your charge was proven false. The post is still there.

And in the post I never state that I hate Calvinists.
They did not say I made a false accusation. Without having a screenshot of what you deleted they said it was not proven.
It was the fox guarding the henhouse.
You deleted two more posts during the inquiry,so stop saying it was.not deleted.when forced to,you offered an edited version.
I will make some of this clear in a few more days.
You have not repented, so we will proceed.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, there is also the fact that we all have had others (beginning in our formative years, with adults who we believed honestly DID know everything) very carefully "explaining" the meaning (often their denomination's meaning) of each of the parables. The Apostles had only themselves to rely upon if they didn't ask Jesus for more clarification.
I think the most difficult part sometimes is not setting aside our presuppositions but identify them.

There are things that I will take for granted because I have been taught it all my life, and this will influence how I see things (and define things).

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the most difficult part sometimes is not setting aside our presuppositions but identify them.

There are things that I will take for granted because I have been taught it all my life, and this will influence how I see things (and define things).
I have had a hard time in the past 30 years, unlearning 12 years of awfully rigid Church of Christ indoctrination.