Biblical Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Biased", as opposed to WHAT??

Apparently, you don't understand that during the time of the Councils prior to the 15th century - there was only ONE Christian Church.
The aberrant teachings that they were addressing were heresies. these weren't simply "Christian denominations" - that came LATER.

So - when YOU say, the Councils were "biased" - what do you base that on?

they were Catholics so they had a catholic bias, as oppossed to being unbiased. If my experts are biased because they uncovered error in Romanism, same is true withy9ours for whatever they uncover. Has nothing to do with heresy or not. Just making sure you apply your bias standard even handedly.

So Hus, Tyndale, Luther etal. weree all heretics against Christianity? I think not! And that Roman Catholic Church also had its own heresies. And so you won't let your mind going there, I am not defending the heretical sects. All of t hem had some measure of truth in them, but like others their errors clouded the truth.

I take it you don't understand everyone is biased?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG, Einstein. Your ignorance is completely overwhelming.
Try to get this straight for once:

The official name of the Catholic Church is: "The Catholic Church".
There is NO such thing as the "Roman Catholic Church".

Maronites, Melkites, Byzantines, Romans, Coptics, etc. - are ALL part of "The Catholic Church".
Do you understand NOW - or should I draw pictures?

Did you just arrive on earth from another planet?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

All the other "Catholic sects" do not recognize the pope as supreme pontiff and thus are not part of the roman Catholic Church.

do a google search pogo and surprise yourself with the myriads of references to the Roman Catholic Church.

YOU are being petulantly obstinate and contentious. shame on you!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other than your perversion above in RED - you STILL haven't explained why Jesus gave His mother to JOHN'S care when Mary supposedly had all those "other children" to care for her, according to Mosaic Law.

Can you explain this?

Well Mosaic Law called for a relative (JOhn the son of Zebedee was a cousin).

but as to why? The bible doesn't give an answer so at best I can only offer suppositions which I have no clue how right or wroing they would be so it would be pointless to venture guesses.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, at least you admit that about Protestantism - but you fail to prove how the Catholic Church is a corruption of Scripture.
The Catholic Church was proved to be corrupting Scripture at least 600 years ago -- since Tyndale -- a Catholic -- exposed that corruption. Had the Catholic clerics listened to Tyndale and repented, things would be quite different now.

Instead we have the Vatican intervening for evildoer Joe Biden to partake of the Eucharist against the wishes of all the Catholic bishops. That scoundrel should have been excommunicated a long time ago. And Pope Francis should have been "fired".

Reactions: Taken and Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is English your first language?

Hew said WOMAN_ look upon you r son- and he was reffering to John

A reasonable conclusion from this is that John IS the son of Mary.

John is not teh son of Mary.

I guess not. John is not the son of Mary. Yet, Jesus tells Mary to look at your son, John. That's weird. Something is both a thing (son) and not a thing (not a son). To your way of thinking,
  • You are right, except for being wrong.
  • I am wrong, except for being right.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead we have the Vatican intervening for evildoer Joe Biden to partake of the Eucharist against the wishes of all the Catholic bishops. That scoundrel should have been excommunicated a long time ago. And Pope Francis should have been "fired".

Lord Acton's axiom proves true - even for religious folk. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church was proved to be corrupting Scripture at least 600 years ago -- since Tyndale -- a Catholic -- exposed that corruption. Had the Catholic clerics listened to Tyndale and repented, things would be quite different now.

Oh, Oh, say it ain't so....Catholic churches splintering...!!

:D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG, Einstein. Your ignorance is completely overwhelming.
Try to get this straight for once:

The official name of the Catholic Church is: "The Catholic Church".
There is NO such thing as the "Roman Catholic Church".

Maronites, Melkites, Byzantines, Romans, Coptics, etc. - are ALL part of "The Catholic Church".
Do you understand NOW - or should I draw pictures?

Ooooh ya, Draw a picture of the headquarters of the Catholic Church...and that guy in the tall pointy hat and long robe, or maybe with one of his priceless bejeweled crowns, and the walls around the palaces and the art work, the ticket booths, and the cute little swiss guards, and the Vatican City slum, don't forgot that....and of course don't mention it is at the door step of Rome, Italy, famous for spaghetti and slime balls...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but you fail to prove how the Catholic Church is a corruption of Scripture.

It's like you know...writing a manual saying it is based on Scripture, when Scripture says nothing about Mary being sinless, nothing about God fertalizing Mary's seed, nothing about a bishop Peter, stuff like that...

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you just arrive on earth from another planet?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

All the other "Catholic sects" do not recognize the pope as supreme pontiff and thus are not part of the roman Catholic Church.

do a google search pogo and surprise yourself with the myriads of references to the Roman Catholic Church.

YOU are being petulantly obstinate and contentious. shame on you!

You are the one who is being stubborn and obstinate.

In the Catholic Church there are different liturgical Rites, 24 in total.
ALL Rites adhere to the same doctrines and ALL Rites are in full communion with the Pope.
There is ONE Church - the Catholic Church with what are known as particular churches (not sects).
The Catechism which we quote from is the Catechism of The Catholic Church - not Roman Catholic Church

They differ in liturgical practices and some aspects of governance.
There is a useful article in Wikipedia explaining this with a list of the different particular churches.
Catholic particular churches and liturgical rites - Wikipedia

A couple of quotes:
There are 24 autonomous churches: one Latin Church and twenty-three Eastern Catholic Churches, a distinction by now more historical than geographical. The term sui iuris means, literally, "of its own law", or self-governing. Although all of the particular churches espouse the same beliefs and faith, their distinction lies in their varied expression of that faith through their traditions, disciplines, and canon law. All are in communion with the Holy See.

The word "church" is applied to the Catholic Church as a whole, which is seen as a single church: the multitude of peoples and cultures within the church, and the great diversity of gifts, offices, conditions and ways of life of its members, are not opposed to the church's unity. In this sense of "church", the list of churches in the Catholic Church has only one member, the Catholic Church itself (comprising Roman and Eastern Churches).

Yes you will see the term Roman Catholic applied to the Latin or Roman rite. My own diocese is the Roman Catholic Diocese of Liverpool because it serves Roman Rite Catholics in the Liverpool area.

And yes, you will see a lot of local churches caller Roman Catholic Church because the Latin or Roman rite exists mainly in the west.

But to refer to the Church as a whole as the Roman Catholic Church is incorrect.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Looks like SDA or Baptist mythology.
Tyndale's Heresy | Catholic Answers
...And we must remember that this was not merely a translation of Scripture. His text included a prologue and notes that were so full of contempt for the Catholic Church and the clergy that no one could mistake his obvious agenda and prejudice. Did the Catholic Church condemn this version of the Bible? Of course it did.

The secular authorities condemned it as well. Anglicans are among the many today who laud Tyndale as the “father of the English Bible.” But it was their own founder, King Henry VIII, who in 1531 declared that “the translation of the Scripture corrupted by William Tyndale should be utterly expelled, rejected, and put away out of the hands of the people.”

So troublesome did Tyndale’s Bible prove to be that in 1543—after his break with Rome—Henry again decreed that “all manner of books of the Old and New Testament in English, being of the crafty, false, and untrue translation of Tyndale . . . shall be clearly and utterly abolished, extinguished, and forbidden to be kept or used in this realm.”

Ultimately, it was the secular authorities that proved to be the end for Tyndale....
I asked for a date when the historic Church went off the rails, and I get false history for an answer...typical.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, lack of knowledge of the Catholic Church’s teachings. I will freely admit that.

My knowledge comes solely from the Bible.
By equating the beast with the Catholic Church proves your "knowledge" doesn't come from the Bible, but from anti-Catholic LIARS like Dave Hunt and legions of others.
Hunt-ing the Whore of Babylon: Part I
Hunt-ing the Whore of Babylon: Part II
Anti-Catholicism (Index Page for Apologist Dave Armstrong) | Dave Armstrong (patheos.com)

Reactions: Mungo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what the Catholic bashers think.

A Catholic mixed the 2 to start.

Mother of God Lk 1:43

The Bible does not say Mary is the mother of God. There are dozens of lords in the Bible and Jesus is one. All of them had mothers. No one is the mother of God. See how Catholic dogma was used as a substitute for the Biblical Mary right from the start?

Time and again Catholics start this divisive threads, then claim they are being bashed. Amazing Ego's.