Biblically coming to God to believe His gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

This biblical drawing of God to come to Jesus, that we may believe unto salvation, is not what we Christians may suppose.

The Bible does not say any man is being drawn of God to only hear His gospel preached. Afterall, many hear the gospel without even wanting to. And yet, the faith that comes by hearing only is still sown in their hearts, just like any other hearer.

But, the special drawing of God to come to His Son unto salvation, is only for those that obey the gospel and repent of sinning first.

Notice how it's only those that are given by God to come to the light. No one is given anything just to hear the word. God only gives to the repented, the liberty of a pure heart to come to Christ in the light.

The unrepented by virtue of refusing to repent of sinning, are by definition refusing to come to Jesus. And so they certainly aren't being drawn if God to come to the light and have their unrepented sins rebuked openly.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

These are the hearers only that repent not. They don't even want to be drawn of God to come to Jesus, and so have their works judged as good or evil.

They are the many gospel by hearing alone, but not chosen to be drawn unto whole purging and salvation from sinning.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

These are the hearers that obey the gospel and repent of all sinning. They are chosen to be drawn of God, and gladly do come to the light, that their works may indeed be judged righteously.

And so we see, that it's not coming to hear the gospel only, that is the drawing of God to the light of Christ, but He is only choosing to draw them that hear and repent first.

After all, by definition, the unrepented don't even want to be saved from their sinning, much less be drawn to have their deeds judged all out int he open light, where there is no darkness and sinning to hide.

The called but unrepented, don't want to be chosen specifically by God to come forward and have their deeds judged in the light by all. They are saying in the hearts to God, pick someone else for that.

However, some of them certainly want to be resurrected unto life by their believing it alone, but not by repenting of their sinning first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The special drawing of God to come to His Son unto salvation, is only for those that obey the gospel and repent of sinning first.
Hello Ghada, what is the Gospel/Good News, and what is it that makes it, "good"? I suppose that I should also ask, what is the "bad news", IOW, that which requires the "Good News" as its remedy?

Also, what does it mean to "obey" the Gospel?

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - I may or may not have a couple of other questions for you, but for now, this will do :)

Reactions: mailmandan

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ghada

I told God in prayer, I know that I can be a prick in a thorn bush today.

I just started getting really honest with Yahava/Yahweh lately, and with other people about my natural tendancy to be selfish and greedy.

It works out being authentic.

The Living Word
(2 Timothy 3:10–17)

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Ghada, what is the Gospel/Good News, and what is it that makes it, "good"?
The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The gospel is NOT salvation by works through sinless perfection as Ghada teaches.

The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed, a reward to be received through sinless perfection or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. 1 Corinthians 1:21 - For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who BELIEVE.

I suppose that I should also ask, what is the "bad news", IOW, that which requires the "Good News" as its remedy?
Bad news: Romans 3:23 - for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death..
Good news: Romans 6:23 - .. but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? We obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Teaching faith first before repenting, is a Christian doctrine that teaches God only commands His believers to repent, only after coming to Him by faith.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

God commands all men as unbelievers to now repent everywhere. By obeying God to repent of sinning, any man can now come to God by Jesus Christ to be wholly forgiven, washed clean, and believe from the heart unto His righteousness.

Those not yet repented of sinning, are still unbelievers commanded by God to repent. No unrepented sinner has come to God to believe Him unto His righteousness.

God's outstretched arms to receive them that obey Him to repent, is still an outstretched strong arm against them unrepented.

Any unrepented sinner is still an unbeliever commanded to repent by God. His arm is still against them to come no further toward Him at all.

God only chooses to open His arms to receive them coming to Him by repenting unto His faith.

The Christian gospel of coming to God to be recieved by Him through their own faith alone, without first repenting, is not the Bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But, the special drawing of God to come to His Son unto salvation, is only for those that obey the gospel and repent of sinning first.

What you are teaching is exactly wrong.

Let me explain.

Its like this... "Jesus, came into the world to save SINNERs" He didnt come into the world to save those who repent of their sins, first, and promise to try to be like Christ".

Notice this verse..

"To the person who does no works (repentance from sin), but BELIEVES ON GOD who JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY...their FAITH is counted as RIGHTEOUSNESS">

This means that a true convert, came to God, as a sinner, and heard the Gospel, and BELIEVED IT, and while they are still a sinner, God saves them based on the Finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

or.. "As many as BELIEVED IN JESUS, (not repented) GOD Gives to them the Power to BECOME a Son/Daughter of God..

Or as JESUS Said..."All that BELIEVE in me... (not repent of sin)... I GIVE UNTO THEM.... Eternal Life, and they shall never go to hell,(perish)"""

So, people who teach that the person has to "clean up" before God saves them, have no understanding of Salvation, no understand of the Gospel, and no understanding of the Cross of Cross of Christ.
Most of these "types" will also tell you that "water washes away your sin"..

So what do we do with these? We just avoid their teaching..

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 22:12 “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work.

Psalm 62:12 Also loyal love is yours, O Jehovah, For you repay each one according to his deeds.

Is. 40:10 Look! The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will come with power, And his arm will rule for him. Look! His reward is with him, And the wage he pays is before him.

Rom. 2:6 And he will pay back to each one according to his works

Job 34:11 For he will reward a man according to what he does And bring upon him the consequences of his ways.

Prov. 24:12 If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior.

2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Teaching faith first before repenting, is a Christian doctrine that teaches God only commands His believers to repent, only after coming to Him by faith.
Matthew 21:32 - For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him. *Notice the order.

Mark 1:15 - The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel. *Notice the order.

Acts 20:21 - testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. *Notice the order.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Op has not yet understood something regarding Soteriology..

Its this..

God does not accept or keep anyone who offers something to God.

And never will...

God only accepts or keeps the BELIEVER, who has received what GOD offers as GOD's Acceptance of the Believer.

A.) The Cross of Christ

Jesus : The Savior

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

God commands all men as unbelievers to now repent everywhere. By obeying God to repent of sinning, any man can now come to God by Jesus Christ to be wholly forgiven, washed clean, and believe from the heart unto His righteousness.

Those not yet repented of sinning, are still unbelievers commanded by God to repent. No unrepented sinner has come to God to believe Him unto His righteousness.

God's outstretched arms to receive them that obey Him to repent, is still an outstretched strong arm against them unrepented.

Any unrepented sinner is still an unbeliever commanded to repent by God. His arm is still against them to come no further toward Him at all.

God only chooses to open His arms to receive them coming to Him by repenting unto His faith.

The Christian gospel of coming to God to be recieved by Him through their own faith alone, without first repenting, is not the Bible.
Hello again Ghada, I have some comments and questions for you about what you said above, but I think that I'll wait until you answer the questions that I asked you in my first post (post #2), as your answers to those questions may change or even answer some of the questions that I have for you about the above.

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Hello Ghada, what is the Gospel/Good News, and what is it that makes it, "good"? I suppose that I should also ask, what is the "bad news", IOW, that which requires the "Good News" as its remedy?
The good news is if any man repents of sinning, any man can now believe the gospel to be completely changed from the old life to the new in Christ.

The bad news for the unrepented, is we must repent first.

It doesn't include unrepented sinning.

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - I may or may not have a couple of other questions for you, but for now, this will do :)

You're welcome.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
@Ghada

I told God in prayer, I know that I can be a prick in a thorn bush today.

I just started getting really honest with Yahava/Yahweh lately, and with other people about my natural tendancy to be selfish and greedy.
Not to divert from your issue. But why is it I have never had any thought whatsoever to speak of 'Yahweh' at all as a Christian? And what is this 'Yahava'. That's a new one.

Jesus I know, but 'Yahava'?

Natural man has sinful tendencies. Holy saints have the divine nature to crucify all such sinful thinking, before becoming lust in the heart.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahava doesnt mind if we use his name.

Or Yahweh which ever you perfer.

Or Jehovah for some.

Ezekiel 39:7 “’I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the LORD am the Holy One in Israel.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Exodus 6:3 I appeared to Avraham, Yitz’chak and Ya‘akov as El Shaddai, although I did not make myself known to them by my name, Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai].

Try it out when you read the scriptures and see “the LORD”

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think its important to use his name? @Ghada if he wants his name to be known? Its just like Jesus name was never Jesus. It was Yeshua.

Yahava is like breathing.
Yahweh is another form used as his name.
Jehovah means the destroyer (i think).

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
What you are teaching is exactly wrong.
If you say so. I believe it, keep it, and do it. Love it too.

Let me explain.

No thanks. Already had your chance. I don't just reread other peoples' stuff. Once is enough to know what's being given.
So, people who teach that the person has to "clean up" before God saves them,
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Better repent to clean up the sinning or else.

So soon as we repent of sinning and believe with the heart unto doing God's righteousness through Christ, then He cleans us perfectly up and down, and we just go on keeping things clean and honest and pure between us.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

The unrepented gospel of entering into God's holy house on our own sinning faith and dime alone, is of course not the Bible.

have no understanding of Salvation, no understand of the Gospel, and no understanding of the Cross of Cross of Christ.
As I've said and shown, I understand your salvation gospel and idolized cross perfectly well.

I still wholeheartedly reject it.

I'll keep myself from lusting and sinning and do His will with a pure heart. You keep doctrinalizing about something else.

Most of these "types" will also tell you that "water washes away your sin"..

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

It's not surprising someone not doing the word of the Bible, doesn't know the words of the Bible.

So what do we do with these? We just avoid their teaching..
Yes you do. And I avoid yours, except to correct it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Better repent to clean up the sinning or else.

You should take your own judgemental advice.

Also, there is only one 'repenting" that God accepts..

"Repent from UNBELIEF"..

See, every lost person, is an UNBELIEVER< so if and once they repent of that, then its because they now Believe.

"Faith is counted as ("Christ's") righteousness"..

"Justification by Faith alone".. "without works or deeds of the Law'.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMG_1634.png

While i believe its okay to judge teachers like pharisees who teach people in a form of judging others, that is not good.

I use to judge everyone around me. Saying they dont read the bible like me, they dont pray like me, they are all filthy sinners.

That was my attitude when i first came to Christ; not looking at the mirror of my own self.

IMG_1635.jpeg

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you judging by using those scripture blurbs?

Also, there is this... "He that is spiritual Judges all things"... and there is this.. "you shall know them by their fruit".

So, there is righteous judgement, and then there is self righteous judgment.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The spirit not the letter

The Letter is the Law and commandments.

We are not to preach those, as they are a curse to an unbeliever.
And we are under a curse if we preach and teach those as "Salvation"., as this is a false Gospel.

Galatians 1:8

They "KILL":, because its the Law and commandments that define us as SINNERS.

The Spirit of God, does not do that... but the LAW does, as "the power of sin, is the Law,.. .and "The LAW is the power of sin".