Biblically coming to God to believe His gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold just sharing the bible.

How can a person rightly be judged by no one?

IMG_1637.jpeg

Isnt it to love?

IMG_1638.jpeg

Owe no man anything but love?

IMG_1628.jpeg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Letter is the Law and commandments.

We are not to preach those, as they are a curse to an unbeliever.
And we are under a curse if we preach and teach those as "Salvation"., as this is a false Gospel.

Galatians 1:8

They "KILL":, because its the Law and commandments that define us as SINNERS.

The Spirit of God, does not do that... but the LAW does, as "the power of sin, is the Law,.. .and "The LAW is the power of sin".
Yes and Paul calls the Law good and spiritual.

IMG_1639.jpeg

Paul writes to titus about the law is good.
IMG_1631.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg

The law leads and points to Jesus Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blurbs may be annoying but it starts driving the point home in how many people need help in learing the word and seeing it, @Behold.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold just sharing the bible.
How can a person rightly be judged by no one?
Isnt it to love?
Owe no man anything but love?

Love not in word -speech, but in Deed and Truth.

Did you ever wonder why God created tithes and offerings?

He is God, so, does He need your money? (Its his anyway, all of it).

But what about that "give" thingy?

Why Money?

Its because you give your money to what you love.

Do you love Drugs or Alcohol ?
Clothes?
Pets ?
Do you love Muscle Cars?
Girl friends?
Big Screen TV's
Gambling?
Fishing?
Electric Guitars ?
Electronic Tech?
Traveling?

See all that? People LOVE to give their money to that stuff.
They LOVE IT.. and God understands that what you LOVE you will feed your money.

So, He puts us in the position of Giving our money into His work, His service.

Its a LOVE TEST, Matthew.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont love perfectly like God or like Jesus did. I dont expect to by my flesh; but the spirit of Christ in me perfect love through and through and never sin; he is my restful hope, @Behold.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont love perfectly like God or like Jesus did. I dont expect to by my flesh; but the spirit of Christ in me perfect love through and through and never sin; he is my restful hope, @Behold.
The choice i have is will my choice be to abide in him and store up spiritual treaurses or not and hope God will reward me justly and rightly by faith on his son.

Jesus teaches his chosen disciples (Matthew 10) saying,

IMG_1640.jpeg

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Hello again Ghada, I have some comments and questions for you about what you said above, but I think that I'll wait until you answer the questions that I asked you in my first post (post #2), as your answers to those questions may change or even answer some of the questions that I have for you about the above.

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf
Already did. (Post #11)

Maybe you would also like to comment on the thread starting post.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Do you think its important to use his name? @Ghada if he wants his name to be known? Its just like Jesus name was never Jesus. It was Yeshua.

Yahava is like breathing.
Yahweh is another form used as his name.
Jehovah means the destroyer (i think).
I personally see it as pretentious. Why not Jesus? Afterall, Jesus is the name that every knee bows to, not those other ones.

In fact, the risen God of Israel is no longer named as Jehovah. Neither the name Jehovah nor any of those others called for the God of Israel, are ever used again in the Bible, after Jesus is named in Matthew 1:1.

I suppose if someone is a born Jew and convert, then it makes some sense.

And of course, there are the created christ believers, that make an idol for themselves out of the name Jehovah. Except in their case, I certainly wouldn't call using those other names a sin. I just don't see the point, unless it makes someone fell good to do so.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
You should take your own judgemental advice.
I do. I always judge myself first in all things. That's why I have no problem judging others the same.

Also, there is only one 'repenting" that God accepts..

"Repent from UNBELIEF"..

Of course the problem with this is twofold. First of course, once again, you're not preaching Bible. Jesus says Repent ye, and believe. Paul clarifies it as Repent of dead works and have faith toward God. (Heb 6:1)

So, it's not just repenting of unbelief, but of sinning.

And of course, the follow up gospel to this repent of 'unbelief' alone while still sinning, is the gospel of salvation by faith alone, while still sinning.

No on is believing the gospel of Jesus Christ without first repenting of sinning, in order to come to Him with a heart believing unto His righteousness.

Those believing a gospel, that does not command repentance of dead works first, are not believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible.

See, every lost person, is an UNBELIEVER< so if and once they repent of that, then its because they now Believe.
Sure. there's plenty of gospels and religions to believe in. But only those repenting of all sinning can possible believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. That's what the Bible says His saving faith is only from the heart believing unto His righteousness.

And unrepented heart of lust by definition is not believing unto righteousness. That's why Jesus says they refuse to come to His light, lest their unrepented works be rebuked. (John 3)

"Faith is counted as ("Christ's") righteousness"..

"Justification by Faith alone".. "without works or deeds of the Law'.
Heard your gospel many times. Still not the Bible. And yours particular opposes the Bible. In several ways as we have seen.

The one about your Christ not coming to save you from your sinning, is still a real doosey. You can't get more not-Bible than that one. Most Christians preaching your gospel at least try to give lip service to it.

But like I said at the first. I actually do appreciate your no-pretense rejection of the Bible gospel.

You even want to shut down all dissent from Bible gospel preachers.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally see it as pretentious. Why not Jesus? Afterall, Jesus is the name that every knee bows to, not those other ones.

In fact, the risen God of Israel is no longer named as Jehovah. Neither the name Jehovah nor any of those others called for the God of Israel, are ever used again in the Bible, after Jesus is named in Matthew 1:1.

I suppose if someone is a born Jew and convert, then it makes some sense.

And of course, there are the created christ believers, that make an idol for themselves out of the name Jehovah. Except in their case, I certainly wouldn't call using those other names a sin. I just don't see the point, unless it makes someone fell good to do so.

That is the reason I provided some scriptures,

Yahava doesnt mind if we use his name.

Or Yahweh which ever you perfer.

Or Jehovah for some.

Ezekiel 39:7 “’I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the LORD am the Holy One in Israel.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Exodus 6:3 I appeared to Avraham, Yitz’chak and Ya‘akov as El Shaddai, although I did not make myself known to them by my name, Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai].

Try it out when you read the scriptures and see “the LORD”

Whether or not you decide to make the LORDS name known to another person or not is totally up to you. It's a joy in my opinion, because Yahava/Yahweh, did send Yeshua, his Word.

I don't see it as wrong at all... What is wrong, is whenever someone tries to teach hatred towards other human beings, or manipulation to love darkness more than the light.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
That is the reason I provided some scriptures,

Whether or not you decide to make the LORDS name known to another person or not is totally up to you.
His name is Jesus now. Not Jehovah. It's now the more excellent name He has obtained, more so than when He was Jehovah God of Israel in the OT.

The risen God of Israel's name is Jesus Christ.

I don't see it as wrong at all... What is wrong, is whenever someone tries to teach hatred towards other human beings, or manipulation to love darkness more than the light.
Yep. You definitely got an angst about it. It's your righteousness. I doubt you're a born Jew converted to Jesus Christ. So you may be a closet JW.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His name is Jesus now. Not Jehovah. It's now the more excellent name He has obtained, more so than when He was Jehovah God of Israel in the OT.

The risen God of Israel's name is Jesus Christ.

Yep. You definitely got an angst about it. It's your righteousness. I doubt you're a born Jew converted to Jesus Christ. So you may be a closet JW.
If you say so… i dont believe you.

Ill choose to believe Paul, and what he suggested.

IMG_1672.jpeg

There is nothing wrong with knowing the Father, Yahava, and the word of Yahava, made flesh named Yeshua, in my opinion.

Yes Jesus has a name above all names, but even he is promised to give everthing back over to his Father.

IMG_1674.jpeg

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
If you say so… i dont believe you.

Ill choose to believe Paul, and what he suggested.

View attachment 36263

There is nothing wrong with knowing the Father, Yahava, and the word of Yahava, made flesh named Yeshua, in my opinion.

Yes Jesus has a name above all names, but even he is promised to give everthing back over to his Father.

View attachment 36265
If your Hebrew name is for the Father, then that's of course different. It's just a little affectatious if we're not raised Hebrews.