Biden - It's not Easter! It's Transgender Day!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God violent is the question.
Do you consider burning Sodom alive violent?

Luke 17:28-30
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do understand. You TOTALLY evaded my questions.
Perhaps one day Jack you'll meet Jesus.....even as all who thought God was after 'his pound of flesh' till they met Jesus.
Perhaps one day the scales from your eyes and the stops in your ears will disappear and the weeping for your blindness will overtake your hash image of God

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps one day Jack you'll meet Jesus.....even as all who thought God was after 'his pound of flesh' till they met Jesus.
Perhaps one day the scales from your eyes and the stops in your ears will disappear and the weeping for your blindness will overtake your hash image of God
Which Jesus? The One you said was wrong about the Genesis Flood? The One who warned us several times of the eternal Hell fire? If you don't believe Jesus of the Bible then what are you preaching in a Christian forum?? Are you trying to lead Christians away from Jesus of the Bible?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which Jesus? The One you said was wrong about the Genesis Flood? The One who warned us several times of the eternal Hell fire? If you don't believe Jesus of the Bible then what are you preaching in a Christian forum?? Are you trying to lead Christians away from Jesus of the Bible?
The Jesus who surrendered his life so you could have your way with him.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jesus who surrendered his life so you could have your way with him.
The One you said was wrong about the Genesis Flood? Jesus of the Bible is NEVER wrong. Sounds like you have a phony Jesus.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The One you said was wrong about the Genesis Flood? Jesus of the Bible is NEVER wrong. Sounds like you have a phony Jesus.
You will have the Jesus you know....in your heart, Jack.
Which Jesus will you see when he appears in the clouds of heaven? Will it be the one who draws from your lips 'lo, this is our God, we have waited for him' .....or will it be as those who 'cry for the rocks and mountains to fall on them'?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will have the Jesus you know....in your heart, Jack.
Which Jesus? The One you said was wrong? I don't want your Jesus. I'll stick with Jesus of the Christian Bible! He's always right, even about the Genesis Flood and everlasting Hell fire!
Which Jesus will you see when he appears in the clouds of heaven? Will it be the one who draws from your lips 'lo, this is our God, we have waited for him' .....or will it be as those who 'cry for the rocks and mountains to fall on them'?
Now you're referring to the Bible that you said was wrong. I think you need to be pulled from the fire.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which Jesus? The One you said was wrong? I don't want your Jesus. I'll stick with Jesus of the Christian Bible!
'Do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews' Pilate asked. Then they all cried again, saying, not this Man, but Barabas! John 18:39-40

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews' Pilate asked. Then they all cried again, saying, not this Man, but Barabas! John 18:39-40
I'll stick with this Jesus. Jesus of the Christian Bible. If this isn't your Jesus Satan has given you a phony!

Matthew 24:37-39
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow. You blaming that on God?

/
Not blaming Him at all.....God's judgments are just........all have SINNED.....and that is why the world is under His wrath. The bible says He creates both good and evil......and that He is the one who created the destroyer to work havoc. We are to behold both the goodness and severity of God. Judgment and severity should prepare hearts and cause mankind to seek Him out for mercy...of those who will. Not many come to Christ whose lives have been a bed of roses....that's one reason why we are not to envy such. Its' through much tribulation that we enter the kingdom of heaven.

Reactions: Jack

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Not blaming Him at all.....
So you say. But then you say this...
God's judgments are just........all have SINNED.....and that is why the world is under His wrath.
Isn't he responsible for the world he created?
The bible says He creates both good and evil......and that He is the one who created the destroyer to work havoc.
There it is. He created evil? He "created the destroyer to work havoc."
We are to behold both the goodness and severity of God.
Whitewashing bad doctrine.
Judgment and severity should prepare hearts and cause mankind to seek Him out for mercy...of those who will.
The religion of fear. Spiritual extortion. Believe or burn. Are those supposed to be reasonable options?
Not many come to Christ whose lives have been a bed of roses....that's one reason why we are not to envy such.
So, the abundant life Jesus came to give us is a life of misery? (for pie in the sky by and by)
Its' through much tribulation that we enter the kingdom of heaven.
That's a real enticement.
Without the threat of hell, who would do it?

/ cc: @Hillsage

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that your proof that God never changes?

/
Just a story to show how someone can be influenced to believe that God has changed when they are
looking for a little fun and side action.

Rather then the woman enticing Adam to go against God, this was the man enticing a woman.

Now...Does God change?

Certainly not when Adam did go against Him.

Certainly not when his very own Son in Luke 22:42NRSVUE prayed 42 “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me, yet not my will but yours be done.”

So when it was within His plans, His outline for mankind... he will never change.

But He can, will and does answer prayer. (I have personal experience of 3 times in my life God had my back.)
( My mom has personal experience of a healing)

This does not mean He changed His mind to get us out of situations that He did...

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

The religion of fear. Spiritual extortion. Believe or burn. Are those supposed to be reasonable options?

So, the abundant life Jesus came to give us is a life of misery? (for pie in the sky by and by)

God doesn't have to ask permission PERIOD! He drowned all but 8 on Earth "making them an example"!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a story to show how someone can be influenced to believe that God has changed when they are
looking for a little fun and side action.

Rather then the woman enticing Adam to go against God, this was the man enticing a woman.

Now...Does God change?

Certainly not when Adam did go against Him.

Certainly not when his very own Son in Luke 22:42NRSVUE prayed 42 “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me, yet not my will but yours be done.”

So when it was within His plans, His outline for mankind... he will never change.

But He can, will and does answer prayer. (I have personal experience of 3 times in my life God had my back.)
( My mom has personal experience of a healing)

This does not mean He changed His mind to get us out of situations that He did...
I think we are mostly in agreement.
I like the response in post #85

Some folks would go so far as to say that God cannot change His mind.... which of course is ridiculous-- and these are the same people that without so much as taking a breath in between, tell you also that God can do anything. ahem... except lie. God can't lie.

It gets ridiculous.

You'll find the idea exactly once in scripture. In Malachi 3:6 and nowhere else. And it's in the context of the fulfillment of His promises.

When He makes a promise, He keeps it. In that respect, He does not change.

It means God is trustworthy.

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
St. SteVen said:

Aren't we responsible for our sins? There are consequences for sin and wickedness.....that is a fact of life in the world God has created and set in motion. Who can change what God hath wrought? Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

I am going to suggest something that no one ever suggests... but has been in my mind for a very long time

Why did God create the world?

We can piece together some kind of answer from the Holy Bible but what if...... (very simplified)

Leaving scriptures out of the mix.... We know or have been told that Lucifer was so arrogant that he wanted to climb above God.

We have been told there was more than a disagreement between God and Lucifer.

It has been told that Lucifer/Satan was thrown out of heaven.

What if the reason this ball of mud we walk on and human life came into being not just to allow Satan to rule here... as has been said,.... and as we have also been told... but because we are caught in the middle of that war between God and Satan.

Job certainly experienced Satan but was not physically harmed as those were the rules God set down.

I submit it possible that we are here because God has a plan and for those of us who willingly follow Him
we will be rewarded.

Those that willingly turn away from God... will meet an appropriate eternity.

As I said... I have no proof. Other than to wonder why creation came about and at some point will cease when the end comes.... when there is no proof or any evidence that there is any kind of life other then right here.

I believe there is a reason. Probably we are not to know.

WHY do YOU think we were made?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't have to ask permission PERIOD! He drowned all but 8 on Earth "making them an example"!
Genesis 19:24-25
24 Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.
25 So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.

And He didn't ask anyone's permission! "Making them an example"!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Cor 6 says gays are heading for Hell fire.
As I responded in post #90.... where I posted 1 Cor 6 in your reply to my asking Where....

There is no Hell fire in that chapter.

So where in the bible does it say gays are headed for Hell fire?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I responded in post #90.... where I posted 1 Cor 6 in your reply to my asking Where....

There is no Hell fire in that chapter.

So where in the bible does it say gays are headed for Hell fire?
I Cor 6 says gays won't inherit the Kingdom of God. The only other option is Hell fire.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't we responsible for our sins? There are consequences for sin and wickedness.....that is a fact of life in the world God has created and set in motion. Who can change what God hath wrought? Like it or not, that's the way it is.
You describe our loving heavenly Father as if he were a playground bully.

"Like it or not, that's the way it is."
"... a fact of life in the world God has created and set in motion."

Would I be responsible for something I created and set in motion?
Or could I blame those who got in my way?

/