Billy Graham's Gospel compared with the Gospel of Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it quacks and walks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

If it makes unsubstantiated accusations, it is probably an inventor of lies.

Not difficult to comprehend your MO.

Liars do not impress me.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I worked in sales for many years. And at one time wrote a company manual giving guidelines on how to sell. Also analyzing how to close a sale and why people buy or do not buy the product.

Many think Christ is available on the same terms. That they must show the benefits for accepting Jesus, evoke an emotional bond, and then close the sale by asking the person to make their decision. This would also be the Billy Graham style of sales technique, asking for decisions from millions for Christ. And purely a legal transaction.

But this is not how salvation works. When people decide to buy a car or to accept Christ, it is an act of the flesh based on an emotional response to the sales pitch.

But is Christ available on these terms? According to scripture, salvation is a miracle wrought by God in the heart that transforms the person from being an unbeliever into a believer. And this takes place as they hear the gospel preached.

Within the simple Gospel is a spiritual force that raises people from the dead. First spiritually. And then in the resurrection and rapture on the last day, where we receive the resurrection of our bodies. Peter says we; “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1 Peter 1:23) (KJV 1900)

So it isn’t about coaxing the flesh to buy the product as in sales. It is speaking the words of Christ that are Spirit and life into people’s hearts. The transformation takes place many times right as we speak, and the result is a person who believes the gospel.

In fact the fewer of our own words we say, and the less of an emotional response we evoke, the better. And the more we say of God’s words the better. The transforming power is in the word of God that regenerates the human heart as we speak.

In the New Testament, they always followed the message telling believers to receive baptism and repent. And only those who believed by grace would believe enough to follow through.

Let me ask you how many millions have come to Christ through your preaching?

My wife was converted in 1959 at one of Billy's crusades. 60 years later she is still going strong.

D

Dave L

Let me ask you how many millions have come to Christ through your preaching?

My wife was converted in 1959 at one of Billy's crusades. 60 years later she is still going strong.
Jesus says "whoever believes has eternal life". So those who believed enough to go forward and make a decision for Christ were already saved. Or they would not have done what Billy told them to do. But Billy turned their faith on to their decision, making their decision the savior. So they have misdirected faith even if saved in spite of it.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus says "whoever believes has eternal life". So those who believed enough to go forward and make a decision for Christ were already saved. Or they would not have done what Billy told them to do. But Billy turned their faith on to their decision, making their decision the savior. So they have misdirected faith even if saved in spite of it.

That is sheer presumption on your part. As you were not there, you have no idea at what point my wife was saved.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

That is sheer presumption on your part. As you were not there, you have no idea at what point my wife was saved.

D

Dave L

You had to believe before you chose to believe or you would not have chosen to believe. Jesus says "whoever believes has eternal life".

D

Dave L

She had to believe before she chose to believe or she would not have chosen to believe. Jesus says "whoever believes has eternal life".