Bird Flu

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Does anyone understand why they talk about when the Bird fluarrives in the U.S. that its going to be this major disaster where wehave to put tuna and powdered milk under our beds,why their sayingour hospitals are going to be over welmed. Today in our local newsthere was this big story on how Washington state is preparing and thatgovernment says all other cities should do the same because the state anfeds will be to over taxed unable to respond to everyone in a timley manner.The bird flu started in Asia about 3 years ago its spread to several countrysincluding Russia, Eygpt,Israel,Scottland and in all this time a little over 100 people (104 the last I heard) world wide have died and all have been peoplethat lived with or worked directly with birds(mostly chickens).So why when it gets to us is it being so hyped up that upwards of 50,000 people could die I have even heard predictions of half a million deaths possiably requiring limitedmarshall law to be declared in badly affected areas.I dont get it.I am not oneof those consiracy people but this has me wondering whats going on.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they're acting based on historical situations such as the flu pandemic of 1918 which was very deadly. However, knowing as little as I do about viruses and bacteria, I just don't see how this is anymore of a risk than other strains of the flu. I mean we're worried about something that is not even here yet - wouldn't other powerful strains of the flu have an equal chance of mutating into something dangerous.Of course, the media in particular seems to love it.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I can see why Washington (I am assuming you mean the state, not D.C.) is preparing considering Seattle is a major port for container shipments from Asia. As far as the hype, remember the West Nile outbreak?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
yes I was reffering to Washington state and yes I do remember west nileI understand the media hype.I guess what is concerning to me is the government and home security telling us to put tuna and powdered milk under our beds and warning us of thousands dying and marshall law not allowing people to leave their houses for weeks.If you remember President Bush left washington in the middle of that horriable Katrina week to have a meeting about bird flu.It just makes me wonder why the government is so,what seems to be overly concerned about somthing that may not even become a contagis disease.Is there somthing they are not telling us about this flu.or are they maybe using it as an excuse to declare Marshall Law because under Marshall Law elections are postphoned/canceled.just makes me wonder if there is more than what meats the eye here.Or Im just old and getting paranoid(lol)

Kelvin007

Feb 17, 2006
I think they are just prejuding what's going ot happen, but yet informing people about the bird flu. From my understanding, I think it just has to do with birds and killing them, but I'm not really sure. I have not done any research on this topic matter.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
(kriss)
just makes me wonder if there is more than what meats the eye here.Or Im just old and getting paranoid(lol)
Have you ever seen the movie Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson?
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.