Black Hebrew Israelitism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

The question I have is, "Is Marcus G a member of this forum?"

On my checking of the members list, the person mentioned as being involved in the discussion on the U-tube channel "The Gospel Truth," is not listed under that pseudonym on this forum. Perhaps he is a member but he has not acknowledged he is also Marcus G on The Gospel Truth" U-Tube channel as well as being a member of this forum under a different pseudonym.

Until that fact is established, then the above interaction is pointless because someone is not being honest.

Shalom.

Reactions: JazzyJeff15

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

The question I have is, "Is Marcus G a member of this forum?"

On my checking of the members list, the person mentioned as being involved in the discussion on the U-tube channel "The Gospel Truth," is not listed under that pseudonym on this forum. Perhaps he is a member but he has not acknowledged he is also Marcus G on The Gospel Truth" U-Tube channel as well as being a member of this forum under a different pseudonym.

Until that fact is established, then the above interaction is pointless because someone is not being honest.

Shalom.
You misunderstood (as I'm sure you misunderstand everything) : "Marcus G" is his YouTube username, and he refused, at the end of the chat conversation, to come here and discuss (conceding the debate to me, saying that I won) because he claimed I was making it too difficult to discuss by asking him to come here.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a serious question about the Black Hebrew Israelite belief system.

May I ask it here or is this thread only for Marcus G?

Just being respectful.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a serious question about the Black Hebrew Israelite belief system.

May I ask it here or is this thread only for Marcus G?

Just being respectful.
Sorry for the ambiguity.
Let's discuss!
Thanks for being orderly!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, from what I understand of the beliefs, it is African Americans, Hispanics, American Indians and ... Eskimos? that are believed to be the true Hebrew Israelites. Is that correct?

And if so, what's interesting to me is that if someone is, say, American Indian but doesn't look obviously so, they seem to be singled out with hatred as a white devil by many of those who believe in this movement.

The crazy thing I've thought about is that NO race today is totally PURE anymore. Even the Israelites were mingling like crazy with the surrounding nations all through the first half of the OT.

So I guess I'm just curious how it works and how so many who follow this belief justify their beliefs.

And I'll also say I've studied a lot of the scriptures that are said to support this belief and ... they're certainly interesting. Not immediately, or obviously, wrong besides the possibility I pointed out above.

What is your take? How does it work?

Reactions: teamventure

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, from what I understand of the beliefs, it is African Americans, Hispanics, American Indians and ... Eskimos? that are believed to be the true Hebrew Israelites. Is that correct?

And if so, what's interesting to me is that if someone is, say, American Indian but doesn't look obviously so, they seem to be singled out with hatred as a white devil by many of those who believe in this movement.

The crazy thing I've thought about is that NO race today is totally PURE anymore. Even the Israelites were mingling like crazy with the surrounding nations all through the first half of the OT.

So I guess I'm just curious how it works and how so many who follow this belief justify their beliefs.

And I'll also say I've studied a lot of the scriptures that are said to support this belief and ... they're certainly interesting. Not immediately, or obviously, wrong besides the point I made above.

What is your take? How does it work?
This should prove enriching:

:)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You misunderstood (as I'm sure you misunderstand everything) : "Marcus G" is his YouTube username, and he refused, at the end of the chat conversation, to come here and discuss (conceding the debate to me, saying that I won) because he claimed I was making it too difficult to discuss by asking him to come here.

It seems that it is you who has misunderstood my post.

You said you wanted to have a discussion with "Marcus G" from your previous interactions on U-tube. What I said was that unless "Marcus G" identifies himself on this forum to you, further discussion is pointless unless others bite on your teaser.

As for your putdown of another member on this forum, it does not put you in a good light with many other members as I provided no commentary on the topic that you want to discuss. I am sure that you think that many of us "misunderstand everything," and as for this thread's title, it is not one that I am wanting to enter into to have a discussion about. For me it is a trivial subject which I do not want to trouble myself with.

Shalom

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that it is you who has misunderstood my post.

You said you wanted to have a discussion with "Marcus G" from your previous interactions on U-tube. What I said was that unless "Marcus G" identifies himself on this forum to you, further discussion is pointless unless others bite on your teaser.
I think I was part of the cause of your misunderstanding, because I left some information out : I invited him here, told him my username, told him what I'd name the thread, etc. My assumption is that if he wants to find me he'll find me.

As for your putdown of another member on this forum, it does not put you in a good light with many other members as I provided no commentary on the topic that you want to discuss. I am sure that you think that many of us "misunderstand everything," and as for this thread's title, it is not one that I am wanting to enter into to have a discussion about. For me it is a trivial subject which I do not want to trouble myself with.

Shalom
If anyone wants to talk about the topic with me they may. I will amend the OP to reflect that. Thanks.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I was part of the cause of your misunderstanding, because I left some information out : I invited him here, told him my username, told him what I'd name the thread, etc. My assumption is that if he wants to find me he'll find me.

Sorry, but I did not misunderstand what you had posted at all. In the quote above you sort of accepted that your post was inadequate, but you still blamed me for that fact by claiming that your poorly worded post was the cause for my misunderstanding. No wonder "Marcus G" decided that his discussion with you was going nowhere and said that you had "won" and that he was gracefully withdrawing from any further discussion with you. I hope that your discussions on this forum do not end at the same place where people will gracefully withdraw from further discussion with you.

Shalom

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I did not misunderstand what you had posted at all. In the quote above you sort of accepted that your post was inadequate, but you still blamed me for that fact by claiming that your poorly worded post was the cause for my misunderstanding. No wonder "Marcus G" decided that his discussion with you was going nowhere and said that you had "won" and that he was gracefully withdrawing from any further discussion with you. I hope that your discussions on this forum do not end at the same place where people will gracefully withdraw from further discussion with you.

Shalom
The OP was made hastily--it was late at night, and I just wanted to get it posted so that he could not have an excuse for not debating me--I didn't really think about others having to deal with reading it (I thought he'd show up and we'd start discussing and that others would jump in afterward--he didn't show up at all).

Apologies for all the misunderstandings.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The OP was made hastily--it was late at night, and I just wanted to get it posted so that he could not have an excuse for not debating me--I didn't really think about others having to deal with reading it (I thought he'd show up and we'd start discussing and that others would jump in afterward--he didn't show up at all).

Apologies for all the misunderstandings.

Thank you for acknowledging where the problem lay. Apology accepted.

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the thread is just a two horse race between he says, and he says. Nothing for me to contribute here.
Apologies. It really had a failure to start because the guy didn't show up.

I will post here my response to another BHI thread :

1. The Covenant was made with the Jews, yes--Peter and the Apostles--and they were commanded to go and disciple the nations Matthew 28:19. This was because they were appointed as a "Light to the Nations [Gentiles]".
What was the intended effect of that discipleship? To cause the knowledge of God to cover the earth as the waters cover the seas--to bring them out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Son of God's Kingdom of Light.
The Covenant was made with the Jews, and the Gentiles were "grafted in" (Romans 11, Ephesians 2:12) after the fact ("the Jew first and also the Greek" Romans 1:16, Romans 2:9-10)--this provision (foreigners could join Israel) was already presented and active under the Old Covenant.

2. According to the authoritative writings of Paul the Apostle (anyone rebelling against Paul is not Christian), Abraham ("Father of Many Nations" was the meaning of his name--and through him God said He would bless the families of the earth) was specifically declared in right standing before God prior to having received circumcision so that he would be the father to the uncircumcised Gentiles Romans 4:9-12.

3. 1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another"--yet ,in the very same letter, Paul is teaching them certain doctrines. So, we see that there are different categories of "teaching"--some teachings are given to humble men like Paul to disseminate to the body for its edification, but there is another sort of "teaching", "love one another" (the fulfillment of the entire Law is "love your neighbor as yourself"--this is God's will), which God teaches to each and every believer.

4. Black Hebrew Israelites (ie, "wannabe Jews") don't sound like Paul, an actual verifiable (not a false wannabe) Jew, at all--they, tragically, sinfully boast "we gon' have servants!", whereas Paul said "I have become a servant to all!" 1 Corinthians 9:19-22. Pro-tip : if your fruit is bad (and Black Hebrew Israelites' fruit is), and your speech doesn't match Paul's, your interpretations of Old Testament Scriptures (eg, "we gon' have slaves!") are probably off.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Apologies. It really had a failure to start because the guy didn't show up.

I will post here my response to another BHI thread :
I wasn't sure what was meant by "Black Hebrew Israelites" and so was interested to find out. I have been giving my views about what is happening in modern Israel in their fight with Hamas, but I guess that is not what the OP was referring to.

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't sure what was meant by "Black Hebrew Israelites" and so was interested to find out. I have been giving my views about what is happening in modern Israel in their fight with Hamas, but I guess that is not what the OP was referring to.
Correct.
Black Hebrew Israelites are a primarily American cult.

Reactions: teamventure

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a bit like the cult that I came across when I was young in the 1960s called British Israelites - that some believed that their British cult were the true Israel reborn.
Well... I would draw a sharp distinction... the Black Hebrew Israelites are of a completely different nature.
They are full of hatred, and cursing, and contempt of others.
They boast they will be enslavers of the Gentiles during Christ's reign.
They sometimes shout "Heil Hitler!"
They are very very hateful and sometimes violent against passersby.

It's similar but very different.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well... I would draw a sharp distinction... the Black Hebrew Israelites are of a completely different nature.
They are full of hatred, and cursing, and contempt of others.
They boast they will be enslavers of the Gentiles during Christ's reign.
They sometimes shout "Heil Hitler!"
They are very very hateful and sometimes violent against passersby.

It's similar but very different.
Sounds like a hate cult alright!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a hate cult alright!
It's extremely sad. The Africans have been through a lot of abuse here in this foreign land--away from their own people who sold them into slavery, and away from a common culture, always feeling out of place--and this idea that they are somehow "special" (ie, they think they are "Jews") has given them a hope that they for what ever reason normally couldn't muster... but they are not dead to sin and alive to God, they're just as vengeful spiteful unforgiving and hateful as ever and they call THAT "godliness".