1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by CoreIssue, May 1, 2019.

1. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That is your choice. But you better look in the mirror as to who was violating verse.

2. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It means once a person learns all the truths, taste and the Holy Spirit via those around him, including one spouse, sees the realities but then instead of taking God's freely offered salvation, walks away from it all, they have no hope remaining.

They turned her back on everything, including the Holy Spirit.

They will never come back of of their own free will.

3. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A lot of problems I see this people trying to read the Bible per the grammar of today.

The simple reality is the grammar and word means during biblical times is not how we do it today.

Made even worse is people swearing by the old archaic language used in the 1759 KJV. They read it as if they're reading a newspaper.

Nor do they allow for the errors in the KJV.

That is why the NIV is a top Bible today among many Bibles.

4. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There is no doubt many people struggle with what the Holy Spirit is saying to them.

Then one day they reached the point they pay attention and are saved or reject and are lost.

5. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why do so many people have to inject legalism into these issues?

6. Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I think we are essentially speaking of the same thing but I think that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is calling His activities in this world "evil". He convicts the world of sin--an example that I can think of off the top of my head, is the issue of abortion. The Holy Spirit convicts even unbelievers with the definite understanding that abortion is evil. But, some "feminists" would accuse Christians of being "evil," when Christians call out abortion for the sin that it is. Isaiah spoke of "calling good evil and evil good". When someone has become so perverse as to call good evil, it is not clear that there is any coming back from that. Yes, any and all sin can be forgiven, but it is unlikely that someone who calls a clear evil "good" would ever seek God's forgiveness. It indicates a hardness of heart in which God may confirm them--an abandonment of them to their sin.

7. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is what would qualify those who have blasphemed the Holy Ghost. Those who have not, are able to come to Christ in repentance; there is something in them that continues to be willing to receive salvation.

8. Lady Crosstalk

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Yes--I heard a pastor once say something that stuck with me: "If you are afraid that you have committed the unpardonable sin, you more than likely haven't."

CoreIssue likes this.
  9. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That is a good one.

Lady Crosstalk likes this.
  10. Earburner

Earburner Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Wrong! For instance, you will NEVER find in the T/R or the KJV the word "THE" Antichrist, as being a one man band, whole world deceiver, in the singular. However the "fake" bibles do spell it out specifically as "The Antichrist" .
    And you wonder WHY you believe the way you do, and we don't.

All who follow the "fake" bibles, translated from the W/H Greek, might as well read the JW bible, which is also translated from the W/H Greek.
    Is it any wonder that the NIV is called the Nearly Inspired Version, or the RSV is called the Revised Subjective Version!

11. Lady Crosstalk

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I always thought that it was calling good, evil and evil, good. It seems to happen when people who belong to the world (which is still the kingdom of Satan until the Lord Jesus sets up His righteous rule here) are so hardened that they can't even respond anymore to the convicting power of the Holy Spirit (see John 16:8-11 for His ministry to the world). I suspect that, when that happens to a majority of the earth's inhabitants, the Holy Spirit will step out of the way and abandon those people to their sin. From that point on, it is a downhill slide into hell and the Lake of Fire.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  12. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That's the long way of saying of what I said. When people no longer here the Holy Spirit convicting them, there is no hope for them.

Lady Crosstalk likes this.