Blessed are the MEEK

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After John the Baptizer was imprisoned, Jesus spoke about being meek, Literal Standard Version, Matthew 11:

29 take up My yoke on you, and learn from Me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and you will find rest to your souls,
Strong's Greek: 4239. πραΰς (praus) — 4 Occurrences

HELPS Word-studies:

This difficult-to-translate root (pra-) means more than "meek." Biblical meekness is not weakness but rather refers to exercising God's strength under His control – i.e. demonstrating power without undue harshness.
BDAG πραΰς:

not being overly impressed by a sense of one’s self-importance, gentle, humble, considerate
The King of the triumphal entry was meek, Matthew 21:

5 Tell the daughter of Zion, Behold, your King comes to you, meek, and mounted on a donkey, and a colt, a foal of a beast of burden.”
Wives should behave meekly, NIV, 1 Peter 3:

1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands ... 4 it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle [meek] and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
Everyone should behave meekly, NIV, Matthew 5:

5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Meekness is accomplished with a sense of peace and not fear.

Reactions: Randy Kluth