Blessed are the poor in spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to see all the time like Paul saw
Me too, sbg. (In the Spirit). (Hope I'm understanding what you meant). But in my attempt to 'not put the cart before the horse', (as epi warns us)...
New Living Translation
No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8 NLT
I would see nothing if God did not give it to me. And we are all that destitute. We have no coin of the realm.
Yes, so thankful for His Searchlight where I thought I was right...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So it is more of a...seeing and admitting the truth, a not walking in darkness but walking in the light of the truth, honesty.
blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

could we start over, and you make your point from here? Bc imo right now "admitting the truth" seems to be being conflated with "admitting you are poor in spirit" which i am not buying, plus i'm not sure we are defining "poor in spirit" the same here either, ty

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

could we start over, and you make your point from here? Bc imo right now "admitting the truth" seems to be being conflated with "admitting you are poor in spirit" which i am. ot buying, plus i'm not sure we are defining "poor in spirit" the same here either, ty

I can try. Poor in spirit is like...the man the apostle asked, do you understand what you are reading? The man said, how CAN I unless someone explains it to me??

That is very different than the attitude of most religious people, isn't it?

Reactions: faithfulness

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Uh...yeah I have no problem looking up vss online...I meant the multi quote has never worked for me, despite many instructions on how to make it giddyup. Lol
oh, the site multi-quote? Not sure how that is relevant to the discussion wadr, but so what just "reply" and insert a [ /QUOTE ] (w/o the spaces) to reply to a snip, and a [ QUOTE ] w/o spaces when youre done?
It's a different way of seeing. Its not your default mode. Look at it this way...the church in Rev that says, I am rich and in need of nothing - are they, in fact, rich? No. But they believe they are.
ergo they are by def not "poor in spirit," right?
We are all naked, blind, destitute.
hmm, little children too?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, the site multi-quote? Not sure how that is relevant to the discussion wadr, but so what just "reply" and insert a [ /QUOTE ] (w/o the spaces) to reply to a snip, and a [ QUOTE ] w/o spaces when youre done?

Oh, you didn't understand what I was apologizing for. I wanted to respond to one thing you said, but I have to quote your entire post at once and then address pieces of it. Never mind, its not important! Haha

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We are all naked, blind, destitute. Some say they aren't. Some see they are and so they ask for what they need.
sorry, literally or spiritually?
I can try. Poor in spirit is like...the man the apostle asked, do you understand what you are reading? The man said, how CAN I unless someone explains it to me??

ok, so then how is "everyone" of this same spirit then, iyo?
how can both be true?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bbyrd, you admit you are poor in spirit. I've seen you do it. In fact, not only do you admit it, you know that everyone else is too, and let them know! You basically say, yeah, I'm naked. So are YOU, so don't pretend you aren't!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh, you didn't understand what I was apologizing for. I wanted to respond to one thing you said, but I have to quote your entire post at once and then address pieces of it. Never mind, its not important! Haha
well it kind of maybe is, for trackback purposes etc, but as i say you can just insert close quote and open quote brackets by yourself, and not respond to the rest of the post or whatever, yes?

but the other way is to just learn Highlight, click and drag, so not sure the problem wadr

fwiw "i can't do it" is patently crap, and the opposite imo of poor in spirit right?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, literally or spiritually?
ok, so then how is "everyone" of this same spirit then, iyo?
how can both be true?

Spiritually, Bbyrd. I am not talking about money. The word is spirit. We can only see it literally. I mean, even now, men think if they have never shot or bludgeoned someone to death, that they have always kept the command to not murder.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Spiritually, Bbyrd. I am not talking about money. The word is spirit. We can only see it literally. I mean, even now, men think if they have never shot or bludgeoned someone to death, that they have always kept the command to not murder.
ok so then how is everyone of this same spirit then?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well it kind of maybe is, for trackback purposes etc, but as i say you can just insert close quote and open quote brackets by yourself, and not respond to the rest of the post or whatever, yes?

but the other way is to just learn Highlight, click and drag, so not sure the problem wadr

fwiw "i can't do it" is patently crap, and the opposite imo of poor in spirit right?

Okay, yeah you're right. Its cra p. I should rephrase that and say instead: don't bother explaining how to me because I've given up trying and don't care to waste any more time on it and will just quote the entire post. :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
("then" being "now" of course, so i finally have a refute for my dog's assertion that "Now is when, and then is when, but now is never then" lol) (there is no such thing as "later" to a dog, or a little kid, at least until the little kid is taught what "then" means; we basically torture little kids with promises of "then" imo, "then" is purely a fiction of our imaginations)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Okay, yeah you're right. Its cra p. I should rephrase that and say instead: don't bother explaining how to me because I've given up trying and don't care to waste any more time on it and will just quote the entire post. :D
ok that addresses "i dont wanna learn highlight," but what about "anyone can insert close or open quote?"

one of many, bam search YT if this one is inadequate

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok so then how is everyone of this same spirit then?

Everyone is poor in spirit. No one can understand and see the spirit of the word by, or of, themselves. But some are blind to the fact that they are blind. They are blind to the fact that they are poor in spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Everyone is poor in spirit. No one can understand and see the spirit of the word by, or of, themselves. But some are blind to the fact that they are blind. They are blind to the fact that they are poor in spirit.
i get where you are trying to go, but wadr imo that is not in keeping with the intent of the v, as
and
men think if they have never shot or bludgeoned someone to death, that they have always kept the command to not murder.
make plain, imo

iow you are pointing out how these examples are not Poor in spirit!
right? They are rather Spiritually destitute (in that moment) or whatever?
Bbyrd, you admit you are poor in spirit. I've seen you do it. In fact, not only do you admit it, you know that everyone else is too, and let them know! You basically say, yeah, I'm naked. So are YOU, so don't pretend you aren't!
ha well my ego/emotions can just as easily take over now as ever...well, easily anyway, maybe not so much as a year ago, i hope. But a lotta things, fatigue, frustration, caffeine overload, not stopping to hear, any of these can cause me to lose my Poor in spirit, at least imo. Seems to me that you are trying to conflate Poor in spirit with Destitute or something wadr.

I might even have been using false modesty or some other device to project Poor in spirit, for example
I'm the most humble guy in the room! lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, does "spiritually destitute" = "poor in spirit?"

does acting from the ego = not acting from the ego?

seems like the same q to me wadr

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I want to see all the time like Paul saw
but you dont wanna watch a four minute video and hear what you need to hear to communicate more effectively, you would rather keep believing what mom told you, right? No offense meant ok, there will always be things that natch come easier or harder for anyone imo, but wadr not being able "i cant" learn to highlight/quote is not and never will be one of them, not for anyone, a chimp could learn that ok. Its a mental block prolly iow
step 1: say "i can" and mean it

you are hopefully aware of this thing (that i am not, cant really even imagine) where parents hate/are jealous of particularly their similarly gendered children? Iow those thoughts you had about your daughters--assuming here of course--that you labelled "evil" or whatever, ha well i guess they are, but also totally normal?

We give children stones for bread of course, alla time

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if we are talking about a post 4 pages back, so I can do it for another section, and another section? Fuggedaboutit! :D

Reactions: Nancy