Blockers..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord cant even trust his prophets/ servants, why would he trust a mere man he did not send? ..i i think the Lord keeps his scripture in such parables for a reason..
Just because you interpret something doesn't mean its true especially if i does not come to pass or come about...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and i dont know anyone who can be so close to God to receive personal revelations....thats crazy.
Having revelation does not make one a prophet, its not crazy.

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

but seems He is not good enough for many.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act_2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

deny it all you will, revelation comes For Christ not studying.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Reactions: amadeus

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how does that change the fact there is only one correct interpretation?
If you are through playing word games, just whose interpretation should be considered correct? You've been in the Bible long enough to know that two differing men can each almost always "prove" their interpretation with selected Scripture.

BTW, I happen to hold that probably ALL men have missed God's true message in at least a half-dozen ways. Maybe more. And none of us has any idea HOW or WHERE we missed it.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are through playing word games, just whose interpretation should be considered correct? You've been in the Bible long enough to know that two differing men can each almost always "prove" their interpretation with selected Scripture.

BTW, I happen to hold that probably ALL men have missed God's true message in at least a half-dozen ways. Maybe more. And none of us has any idea HOW or WHERE we missed it.
This is not hard Willie and I am not playing word games. There is always a chance I am wrong and there is always a chance you are wrong, what there is never a chance of is that two different interpretations are both correct.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat_10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mar 9:36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
Mar 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

your choosing
And, as usual, you dodge the issue.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is what a delusion is! Who are those that are now in delusion?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

My pastor was driving his car with only his wife with him returning from Kentucky to their home in Seattle, WA. He missed his turn along the way. His wife told him he missed it, but he refused to listen to her saying to her absolutely, "I know what I am doing. I know the way I am going is the right one."

After driving 50 miles he saw a small gasoline station out in the middle of nowhere. In his mind he knew something was wrong. He stopped and asked the attendant for directions. The attendant told him, "Mister, you missed your turn 50 miles back. My pastor asked him, "Isn't there a short cut that will take us to the main highway without going all the way back?. The attendant said, "No, there are no shortcuts. The shortest way to get to your destination is to turn around, drive back the 50 miles, and make the correct turn...". My pastor then finally apologized to his wife, but that did not fix his error. He still had another extra 50 miles to drive.

See what trouble a delusion can cause! His wife was a kind Christian lady and forgave him. God did too, but he still had to drive back those 50 miles.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And, as usual, you dodge the issue.
Its only an issue to those who

Mat_8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

You seems to doge a lot of things.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its only an issue to those who

Mat_8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

You seems to doge a lot of things.
What have I dodged? I stick with Scripture, you go everywhere else and then use out of context Scriptures when they suit your purposes.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What have I dodged? I stick with Scripture, you go everywhere else and then use out of context Scriptures when they suit your purposes.
Yes you do and like so many still cant see the truth, so please.

David Taylor said:
That's not the point, you are dodging the issue. Yes or no, there is only one correct interpretation of Scripture?
Yes it is . please tell us you seem so enlightened... what are you afraid of..

Enlighten us...

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you do and like so many still cant see the truth, so please.

David Taylor said:
That's not the point, you are dodging the issue. Yes or no, there is only one correct interpretation of Scripture?
Yes it is . please tell us you seem so enlightened... what are you afraid of..

Enlighten us...
What on earth are you talking about?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What on earth are you talking about?
You know full well what I am talking about

Yes or no, there is only one correct interpretation of Scripture?

Whose your or theres, you proclaim to have the right one which is it. OKJ NKJ NIV NSV I could list them all.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and i dont know anyone who can be so close to God to receive personal revelations....

What do you think of as "personal revelations"? I'm curious because I believe that God has led me personally with pointedly direct communication in a pathway towards health in all respects.

I've been the recipient of very personal revelation from God. Is that not possible?

Do you have to have a special closeness to God? Is being born from Him sufficient? Might not God use whatever means He saw best including direct communication?

Much love!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how others here see this, but here is my impression of this childish bickering. We all think the other person's take on scripture (if it does not match ours... because we KNOW ours matches the Bible) is not the ONE possible interpretation that has already been given to us, exclusively. Simply put, we have concluded: "You are wrong, and I am right." (And it is usually because we KNOW we are the ones who have the Spirit... and thus, it is obvious that THEY do not, since they don't understand what we have been given to know BY that Spirit.)

The trouble with this? As strongly as any of us feels that way, the other guy feels just as equally strong.

And stupidly and fallaciously speaking, this is the thought each of us has: "You are all wrong, because I am the one who God has clued-into the ONE and ONLY interpretation.

I personally think God is smart enough to know the creatures He created will ALWAYS see some things differently and independently. And I believe He probably cares a whole lot less about what specific conclusions each of us has come up with, as long as that "discovery" was led by a desire to be in a loving relationship with Him.

I doubt seriously if there is going to be a Theological Examination given to us on the last day.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not hard Willie and I am not playing word games. There is always a chance I am wrong and there is always a chance you are wrong, what there is never a chance of is that two different interpretations are both correct.
So, obviously this is going to send one, or both of us, to Hell? Mother Theresa Bojaxhiu, thought a lot different than either of us, yet she probably did a thousand times more of God's work than either of us. And I'm fairly sure she is wearing her crown today.

Reactions: historyb

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know full well what I am talking about

Yes or no, there is only one correct interpretation of Scripture?

Whose your or theres, you proclaim to have the right one which is it. OKJ NKJ NIV NSV I could list them all.
Oh I see, you miss the point. The question I am asking is not whether I am right or you are right. The question is whether or not there is only one correct interpretation of Scripture. That correct interpretation could be mine, it could be yours, or it could be something entirely different, but we cannot both be correct.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, obviously this is going to send one, or both of us, to Hell? Mother Theresa Bojaxhiu, thought a lot different than either of us, yet she probably did a thousand times more of God's work than either of us. And I'm fairly sure she is wearing her crown today.
You are acting as if there are no points of agreement between you and I. You know full well that is not true. Mother Theresa is in Heaven IF AND ONLY IF she professed Jesus as Lord and submitted to Him as Lord by placing her faith in Him and Him alone.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is my opinion that beliefs which are actually not held as beliefs at all, but Absolute Truths, right, are the biggest impediment to learning the truth, which is not going to be as pleasant as the false beliefs.

No Son of Man may die for another's sins;
Yes, our beliefs can vary between experiences and facts and waver somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: bbyrd009