Blotted out of The Book Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Listen to Steven Anderson sometime.
And others...

They clearly say we could continue to sin (one said all we want to) and still be saved.

GG, there is a broad chasm in nonbelievers who sin and believers who sin.

Nonbelievers do not obtain Godly sorrow. 2Co 7:10.

Those who practice sin are nonbelievers only.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
3 TIMES GOD ASKED ME.....WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?
I went to church all my life, got saved when I was 7. After I became an adult I joined the adult Sunday service. We had a wonderful pastor who just happened to preach his sermon on the very sin I committed that week. At the end of the sermon he invited anyone who needed to come to the alter to rededicate, get saved or be delivered to come forward. I was there every single service. One Sunday after church and getting saved again I went home threw my body on the floor and cried to God uncontrollably and said "I give up, this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how I try I seem to always mess up!"
Then I heard a voice, it wasn't really audible to my ears but it was very audible in my mind. It said to me "Patty, who do you think I am?"....instinctively somehow I knew he expected me to say something so I said you are God...He asked a second time, I replied a little more hesitantly since the 1st answer didn't seem to be right and said "umm The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the I AM...(I got it right this time for sure!)...then He asked a 3RD TIME!!! I stuttered and searched my memory of what I was taught about who God is and finally I said what do you want me to say...
He replied soooooo lovingly and tender and said "I am your Father, and as much as you love your daughter so much more do I love you that you can't comprehend it. As your daughter grows up and makes mistakes you will correct her, discipline her at times but never ever ever will you stop loving her because of her mistakes. And neither will I stop loving you just because you make a mistake. Allow yourself to be led of the spirit, repent daily and always forgive...as I will always forgive you. Seek Me daily, walk with me, talk with me, tell me what's on your heart. I AM YOUR FATHER!" So wow..
I was approximately 23 y.o. when this happened and it liberated me from condemnation. I now know I am truly saved! Amen!
I truly wonder at times if people know what REPENT means. They say they know,,,but it doesn't sound like it at times.

Repent means to change direction...to turn around and go the other way.

Before we're born again we're headed straight for satan; no matter how "good" we are.

After salvation, we have turned and changed our direction. Now we're headed toward God. We are on a walk toward HIM. We'll fall many times and make many mistakes, or sins, and all we have to do is ask forgiveness and be sorry, and get up and keep walking toward God.

As long as we're on the road to God, we will always be safe.

As long as we don't turn around and go back toward satan...
Romans 8:1

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
:rolleyes:

Rom 10:11-12 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
I love Romans 10:13

The Gentiles obtained what Israel missed...
Chapter 10 in Romans is speaking to this.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
They never had that conversion GG, the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Paul speaks about persons that were saved and became lost.
Jesus speaks about people accepting with joy the word of God and then losing their faith after temporarily believing for a while.
2 Peter 2:20
Luke 8:13

I'm of the opinion that we should listen to them and not those who preach incorrect doctrine that never existed before the year 1,500 AD.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
2 Peter 2:20

This entire chapter is in reference to false prophets and teachers, those who had knowledge of God but no saving faith, 2 Pet 2:1.

Luke 8:13

Let me know if you see the contradiction (of non-osas) in the Synoptic Gospels.

Matt 13:21 (does not use the word believe) (it uses trouble/persecution)
Mark 4:17 (does not use the word believe) (it uses trouble/persecution)

Luke 8:13 (uses the word believe) (aphistémi/depart)
Rom 8:35, 38-39 (nothing can separate us, even trouble/persecution)
1 Tim 4:1 ( aphistémi/depart)

Matt 13:21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Mark 4:17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

Rom 8:35, 38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Tim 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Luke 8:13 / Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible - which for a while believe: their faith is a temporary one, like that of Simon Magus; which shows it is not true faith; for that is an abiding grace, Christ, who is the author, is the finisher of it, and prays for it, that it fail not. The Persic version renders it, "in the time of hearing they have faith"; and such sort of hearers there are, who, whilst they are hearing, assent to what they hear, but when they are gone, either forget it, or, falling into bad company, are prevailed upon to doubt of it, and disbelieve it. The Arabic version renders it, "they believe for a small time"; their faith do not continue long, nor their profession of it, both are soon dropped:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GG, there is a broad chasm in nonbelievers who sin and believers who sin.

Nonbelievers do not obtain Godly sorrow. 2Co 7:10.

Those who practice sin are nonbelievers only.
I would hope so.
But faith only and easy believism are both affecting Christianity, and not for the better.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This entire chapter is in reference to false prophets and teachers, those who had knowledge of God but no saving faith, 2 Pet 2:1.

Let me know if you see the contradiction (of non-osas) in the Synoptic Gospels.

Matt 13:21 (does not use the word believe) (it uses trouble/persecution)
Mark 4:17 (does not use the word believe) (it uses trouble/persecution)

Luke 8:13 (uses the word believe) (aphistémi/depart)
Rom 8:35, 38-39 (nothing can separate us, even trouble/persecution)
1 Tim 4:1 ( aphistémi/depart)

Matt 13:21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Mark 4:17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

Rom 8:35, 38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Tim 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Luke 8:13 / Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible - which for a while believe: their faith is a temporary one, like that of Simon Magus; which shows it is not true faith; for that is an abiding grace, Christ, who is the author, is the finisher of it, and prays for it, that it fail not. The Persic version renders it, "in the time of hearing they have faith"; and such sort of hearers there are, who, whilst they are hearing, assent to what they hear, but when they are gone, either forget it, or, falling into bad company, are prevailed upon to doubt of it, and disbelieve it. The Arabic version renders it, "they believe for a small time"; their faith do not continue long, nor their profession of it, both are soon dropped:
Heb,

1. It doesn't matter WHO 2 Peter is speaking about...
They were believers and then became unbelievers,
They escaped defilements of the world.
They had the knowledge of the Lord and SAVIOR Jesus
They are AGAIN entangled in them and overcome.
They knew the way of righteousness.
They TURNED AWAY from the Holy Commandment.
They were like dogs RETURNING to their vomit.
The Last state has become for them worse than the first.
WHICH MEANS THERE WAS AN INTERMEDIARY STATE....SALVATION
Lost The first state
Saved The intermediary state
Lost The state worse than the first

It takes a lot of juggling to believe in OSAS.

2. We've already been through the second part of your post.
I took the time to answer your every verse one by one.
And YOU copy and paste!! (the same question all over again)

Not nice.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I will answer a lot of the posts lately by this answer, so hope the ones who are involved in the discussion reads it :D

For all of you who Call me proud, I believe it is ok for you to say that. Because I truly believe you really think so in Your hearts and i respect that. But in reality I don't beleive that is the case, I will hopefully convince you of that With my answer. As always God bless you all With His Grace!

My point on all I have writed is that you can lose salvation. I may have been a little strong in my Words by saying that I was assured about it, and I am sorry for that. I ask for forgiveness for maybe not using the suitable Words. My other point is that you have to keep yourself in the love of God (Jude 1,21), and thats all. You say its by Works, but really it actually isn't. I'll explain myself:
I'll give you a Picture which I think makes it easier to understand what I am trying to say:
It's Christmas and you are going to wrap up the gifts. You have recieved it a gidt from Your mom. That gift is free, no cost, you didn't really deserve it, but really its by Grace. Its a lot the same With salvation. You got it for free, it was a gift given to you With no cost, and it is undeserving. But as the gift the son recieved you have to KEEP the gift to make get the benefits of the gift. It is free, but you have to keep it to have any advantage of having recieved it. You don't do anything for it, you just keep it and you will have the advantages it gives. But if you throw the gift away you will not have the benefits of the gift, it is no use to you. This is also how I believe the Bible puts salvation. You have recieved for free, no payment, only Grace. You just have to keep it and you will have all the benefits of the gift. And keeping something I wouldn't say is work. You really don't do anything. You recieved it as a gift, into Your heart. You're only letting it be there and transform you. If the gift is laid in Your heart and you keep it there, you do not do anything, do you? Its just there. You cannot sa: "Having Gods love (agape) in you is a work because you keep it." No, its not a work, its just letting it live in you and transform you. The same is it With salvation. BUT, you can take it out again and throw it away and it will be of no use. You have to take a Clear chioce to take it out. And that Choice is to live in sin, not just falling into it. When you decide to live that life, a LIFE in sin, you will take out what you have been given. As I have mentioned there is a big difference between falling into sin and living in sin, as we can see in 1 Corinthians 6,9-11 (The last verse tells us the glorious truth that we actually can come to the Lord again even after living in sin):
'Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.'

This is all continually sinning. A LIFE of sin. And those who live continually in sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

I hope this made my view clearer. i tried to make it as simple as I could to put my view in here.
God bless you all mightily!
Hi KG
It used to be that those who served God were considered to be nice persons trying to please God.

Today, we are the PROUD. Heaven forbid...!
Those who do NOTHING feel they are serving God more than those who do something. Seems like everything is topsy turvy.

Colossians 3:23-25
23Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, 24knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. 25For he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If we are splitting hairs here :D
Romans 9 is to the Roman gentile Christians ( incl all of us) ..
..but written about the Jews to the church.
Romans 9 is an exhortation to the Jews.

Please see my post no. 273 for links.
Those 3 chapters should have been a different letter.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Believe God when He tells you............

1Jo 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Being "born of God" is a permanent condition of the heart KG.
You sure do love to speak about sinning.
Philippians 4:8

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Putting me back under the law when I'm forever under Grace is like demanding me to play basketball like Michael Jordan. It's an alien concept to me, less you be the accuser of the spirit?... https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/non-osas-spirit.26006/
Nobody can be under the Law after the resurrection.
Even before the resurrection, salvation was by faith, not works.
Hebrews 11.

So why do those who believe as you do insist on speaking about being under the Law?

Is obeying God being under the law?
Colossians 1:10
10so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@Kristian Gamst you say...
"The same is it With salvation. BUT, you can take it out again and throw it away and it will be of no use. You have to take a Clear chioce to take it out."

I'm sorry, but the Gift of Salvation does not come with a return receipt attached to it.

2 Timothy 2:19 - "...The LORD knows those who are His..."
How do you explains this verse?:

Colossians 1:22-23
22yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There are many who believe this, although the Bible makes it plain that children of God cannot be "unborn", but have received the GIFT of the Holy Spirit, as well as the GIFT of eternal life (and much more besides). God does not revoke these gifts, since they were given purely by His grace and on the merits of Christ alone.

Those who believe that children of God can lose their salvation do not have a full and proper understanding of all that God and Christ have accomplished for sinners purely by their grace, nor do they understand all the multi-faceted aspects of salvation which provide a GUARANTEE of glorification. So how can God guarantee glorification if a child of God can lose his salvation?

At the same time, the eternal security of the believer is NOT a license to sin (as many mistakenly believe). Please note: Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.(2 Tim 2:19)
I like your last paragraph.

What guarantee do we have of continued salvation?
Please give me scripture.

Are you saying that no matter HOW we live, or whether or not we have FAITH, we are still saved?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Heb 6:4-6 and Heb 10:26-27 are actually a cross reference for the crucifixion of Christ and is using metaphorical language to describe the maturity of believers in Christ.

Not many understand that Heb 6 thought process actually begins at Heb 5:11.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the (mature), who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Heb 6:1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to (maturity), not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

This has nothing to do with losing salvation, less one believes God throws believers into hell for lack of maturity, which is on the borderline of insanity.

God bless.
Another copy and paste.

Hebrews 6 stands on its own.
What you don't agree with is metaphorical.
Hebrews 6 is clear and simply said.
It's speaking about those that abandon Jesus and trample His blood underfoot. It's blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

As to the copy and paste:
How about using the ole' noodle to respond?